Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Anyone availing of the Help to Buy scheme on this development - could you confirm (or PM me details of) who did you contact to verify the claim and release the funds please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

I applied through the revenue website and then forwarded the claim number to my solicitor to get verified by the developers solicitor.
    Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Anyone availing of the Help to Buy scheme on this development - could you confirm (or PM me details of) who did you contact to verify the claim and release the funds please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zogg

Guys just wondering how secure and safe is cuil duin. Interested in buying but want to know the pros and cons. Heard fortunestown is rough and is near by will that make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vee86

We are the walk as well but opposite the TLC just behind row. Our road has started but its only up to the door in height and its been like that since Dec 2016. We were first told March 2017, then pushed to Aug 2017 and again to OCt 2017 but i some how doubt we will as there is only 3 months left and at the rate they are taken to build these we will not be in and i am certain we will be pushed out again until 2018.
    I was also informed that Naama are actualy funding this build also, so when ever the builders run out of money they need to apply to Naama and wait approval which is unbelievable. I have sent off yet another concerning mail to Des in Hooke and macDonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zoz

Vee86 wrote: »
    We are the walk as well but opposite the TLC just behind row. Our road has started but its only up to the door in height and its been like that since Dec 2016. We were first told March 2017, then pushed to Aug 2017 and again to OCt 2017 but i some how doubt we will as there is only 3 months left and at the rate they are taken to build these we will not be in and i am certain we will be pushed out again until 2018.
    I was also informed that Naama are actualy funding this build also, so when ever the builders run out of money they need to apply to Naama and wait approval which is unbelievable. I have sent off yet another concerning mail to Des in Hooke and macDonald.

Do they give you the option to refund back your 10% deposit if there is such big delays in their side or will you be stuck forever until they finish your house ?
    We didnt sign the contract yet for Cuil Duin walk , Our house is due for completion on Feb 2018 and mostly will be delayed until late 2018 as it seems from other people experience. So still dont know what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chrismc1991

We have received our contracts for Cuil duin walk and told December 2017. Has the group of potential residences met up as was suggested a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

We have received our contracts for Cuil duin walk and told December 2017. Has the group of potential residences met up as was suggested a while back?

Today we have received our contracts sealed for cuil duin walk (opp to TLC).However we were told next Feb 2018.
    Not sure why different dates are popping from different members from same phase.
    Which one is correct?

We are further up Cuil duin walk away from the tlc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kr1st1n3

Have you been there lately? There are builders in site since Monday and it seems the building works now are picking up. I am walking there every day with the baby and can see the progress compared to last 2 weeks it is noticeable. I hope they will keep up the work, we are the c d way and seems like a long way to go for us. We were told June 2018...

Kr1st1n3 wrote: »

Have you been there lately? There are builders in site since Monday and it seems the building works now are picking up. I am walking there every day with the baby and can see the progress compared to last 2 weeks it is noticeable. I hope they will keep up the work, we are the c d way and seems like a long way to go for us. We were told June 2018...

That is a good sign then. But need to see how they will stick to the work pace.

• Advertisement

Krish4u wrote: »

We know the roof layers are starting in 6 months there and are based there for a half year or so, my wishful thinking is that they will finish c d walk and c d way in this time so that roof layers can start their piece... it goes quite fast now considering its only been a week since they started building. All fingers crossed :)

We know the roof layers are starting in 6 months there and are based there for a half year or so, my wishful thinking is that they will finish c d walk and c d way in this time so that roof layers can start their piece... it goes quite fast now considering its only been a week since they started building. All fingers crossed :)

Thanks Kr1st

My solicitor received contracts papers and we have signed and sent back by giving rest 10% balance deposit. We are waiting for the builders solicitor to sign and send us back.

Hi, may I ask you how long did it take for you to get contracts after paying a booking deposit? Its been 3 weeks now since we paid 5k and no contracts yet...

We waited nearly 3months for contracts

My solicitor received contracts papers and we have signed and sent back by giving rest 10% balance deposit. We are waiting for the builders solicitor to sign and send us back.

Hi, may I ask you how long did it take for you to get contracts after paying a booking deposit? Its been 3 weeks now since we paid 5k and no contracts yet...

We paid €5000 deposit in 1st week of May and received the contract papers by end of may around 3 weeks. We signed and sent them back along with €25000 balance deposit in end of May.Three days ago (June ending)we received the sealed binding contracts with stampings from developers solicitors.
    Total turn around period of 2 months for completion.
    Now waiting for construction to be completed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

Guys does any of you has written accomplished date of your future house in your contract?

I am still waiting for ready to sing contract and accurate date to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Tom13 wrote: »
    Guys does any of you has written accomplished date of your future house in your contract?

I am still waiting for ready to sing contract and accurate date to move in.

I don't know how this is legal and why everyone puts up with it, but it's a contract without a delivery date. Basically it says, "the house will be ready when it will be ready". As far as I know you will get this everywhere on new builds.

What it should be instead is a firm date and financial penalties for delays, but come on - the developer lobby here would never allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TDS5272

Paid booking deposit on 05 May,was told yesterday that it will take another 2 weeks before my solicitor gets the contract.
    House is meant to be completed December 2017,but there is still no foundation laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I am a phase one buyer and we had the complete opposite delays - paid deposit in June 2016, house was finished around November 2016 (from an untrained eye) and we eventually got to snag in February and contracts finally came through in March and got keys in April 2017. The delay for the first phase was the legal issues involved. But there was a good 8 months in between when we paid the booking deposit to when we actually got contracts and could pay the remaining deposit.
    I did notice this weekend that the builders were on site working on Saturday...if that is any help :rolleyes:

Just wondering is there any work in progress at cuil din walk. Opp to TLC centre lane.
    Did anyone seen it recently
    Just the foundations are laid. Nothing else happening there.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else been told that they'll be getting 2 contracts: 1 for the house + the other for the kitchen?
    Hooke and MacDonald could not give me a reason for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

TDS5272 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been told that they'll be getting 2 contracts: 1 for the house + the other for the kitchen?
    Hooke and MacDonald could not give me a reason for this.

That must be a new thing cos we certainly didn't get 2 different contracts, are you getting choices on the kitchen presses etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluemonkey99

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    I thought it was odd too.

robo wrote: »
    That must be a new thing cos we certainly didn't get 2 different contracts, are you getting choices on the kitchen presses etc?
    No,the same kitcken.
    Was told it only applies to houses of 305000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Were waiting to snag with completion dates being next week, was told builders will only take 3-4 days to complete snag list but find that hard to believe considering length of time it's taken to build.. Anyone who has snagged know how long it took them to complete and also how long between snagging and moving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Were waiting to snag with completion dates being next week, was told builders will only take 3-4 days to complete snag list but find that hard to believe considering length of time it's taken to build.. Anyone who has snagged know how long it took them to complete and also how long between snagging and moving in?
    Hi are you in cuil Duin row?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

Lilbubbles wrote: »

We r hoping to start snag list next week too. Do u have someone organised to do yours yet? Anyone who has had theirs done any recommendations for someone, if you cud pm me their details I'd really appreciate it 😊

The contracts says from the date they say the house is ready for snagging they have 14 days to complete, but with their track record, I'd be surprised too

Devassy wrote: »
    Hi are you in cuil Duin row?

Yes im cuil duin row..

• Advertisement

L85 wrote: »
    We r hoping to start snag list next week too. Do u have someone organised to do yours yet? Anyone who has had theirs done any recommendations for someone, if you cud pm me their details I'd really appreciate it ��

The contracts says from the date they say the house is ready for snagging they have 14 days to complete, but with their track record, I'd be surprised too

Yes i do have a company lined up to do it.. got a lot of sample snag lists from quantity surveyors and these were by far the best and have been very professional to deal with too.

Advertisement