Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Yes i do have a company lined up to do it.. got a lot of sample snag lists from quantity surveyors and these were by far the best and have been very professional to deal with too.

Sounds good, what's the name of the company? Tell them u want a discount for recommending them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

L85 wrote: »
    Yes i do have a company lined up to do it.. got a lot of sample snag lists from quantity surveyors and these were by far the best and have been very professional to deal with too.

Sounds good, what's the name of the company? Tell them u want a discount for recommending them haha
    I think we could get a better deal if we all do it together. Can u PM me too the details

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

I've sent you both a pm with details.. I've been dealing with this company since April when I was told house would be ready for snagging within weeks. They've been in touch with developers many times and always reported back to me with their response so seem very efficient and willing to do some chasing too which is no harm either ��

I've sent you both a pm with details.. I've been dealing with this company since April when I was told house would be ready for snagging within weeks. They've been in touch with developers many times and always reported back to me with their response so seem very efficient and willing to do some chasing too which is no harm either ��
    Brilliant, thanks a mill for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

L85 wrote: »
    We r hoping to start snag list next week too. Do u have someone organised to do yours yet? Anyone who has had theirs done any recommendations for someone, if you cud pm me their details I'd really appreciate it ��

The contracts says from the date they say the house is ready for snagging they have 14 days to complete, but with their track record, I'd be surprised too

In fairness to the builders - the snag work only took a few days and it was mainly cosmetic.

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    In fairness to the builders - the snag work only took a few days and it was mainly cosmetic.

That's good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

@lilbubbles can you PM me the snagging details too please? 
    That's great to hear robo hopefully we're the same :)

Thats great to hear hopefully it will be the same for the rest of us. Ive just sent you a pm @janeblue

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Was out at the site for a look this evening and they seem to be making great progress finally!! Hoping they are on track for my October completion date!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kr1st1n3

rossiegal wrote: »
    Was out at the site for a look this evening and they seem to be making great progress finally!! Hoping they are on track for my October completion date!
    Hi, can I ask which houses are to be ready in October?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Kr1st1n3 wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask which houses are to be ready in October?

Hi
    I'm Cuil Duin avenue! Just at the bend in the road as you go down to the TLC entrance!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Hi
    The floor finish specification given by Developer are as below.
    .first floor prepared to receive carpet finish by purchaser.
    .Tiled floor and part walls to all wet areas on all levels
    .Ground floor prepared for either timber, tile or carpet finish by purchaser.

Just wondering is this a choice given to us to pick or we have to organise seperately for flooring after completion of house.

Krish4u wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering is this a choice given to us to pick or we have to organise seperately for flooring after completion of house.

There is no choice of tiles etc in the bathrooms on the floor or walls (around shower and bath). The floors in the rest of the house will be left bare for you to put down whatever you want once you have received the keys.

Hi

There is no choice of tiles etc in the bathrooms on the floor or walls (around shower and bath). The floors in the rest of the house will be left bare for you to put down whatever you want once you have received the keys.

Thank you.
    Just wondering what could be the costs involved for floor finish to the size of our houses in child duin threebed.
    Timber or tiles.
    Could someone please PM me the contact details of the floor finish suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kr1st1n3

Hi, is someone from cuil duin way here? Have you received contracts? We are still waiting it's more than a month now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ibrapog

Kr1st1n3 wrote: »
    Hi, is someone from cuil duin way here? Have you received contracts? We are still waiting it's more than a month now...

I am cuil duin way and still no contracts either. Cuil duin avenue have only just received there's recently so we are the last.. I'd give it till the end of the month.

Thank you.
    Just wondering what could be the costs involved for floor finish to the size of our houses in child duin threebed.
    Timber or tiles.

Just depends on the quality of the material you want to put down - I would suggest when you get to do the Snag, take the opportunity to get someone over to measure up and give you an estimate for the floors then that will help you shop around for flooring. And start taking measurements yourself for furniture etc - thats a few hours where you have full reign on the house to look at how youare going to decorate it.

On carpets, Des Kelly do free estimates and send out their guys to measure up also - kinda wish I got them out as we had a good bit of carpet left over. Got 3 bedrooms and one set of stairs done for about €1,700 I think

Thank you.
    Timber or tiles.

Just depends on the quality of the material you want to put down - I would suggest when you get to do the Snag, take the opportunity to get someone over to measure up and give you an estimate for the floors then that will help you shop around for flooring. And start taking measurements yourself for furniture etc - thats a few hours where you have full reign on the house to look at how youare going to decorate it.

On carpets, Des Kelly do free estimates and send out their guys to measure up also - kinda wish I got them out as we had a good bit of carpet left over. Got 3 bedrooms and one set of stairs done for about €1,700 I think

Thank you Robo.
    Really appreciate your assistance

Thank you.
    Timber or tiles.

Hi Robo,

Just wondering who is Des Kelly. How to contact him. Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

Hi Robo,

Just wondering who is Des Kelly. How to contact him. Please advise.

Des Kelly Interiors

Google that and you will find. It has many stores around Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Has anyone completed snagging for the houses on Cuil Duin Row that were supposed to be completed in July?

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Has anyone completed snagging for the houses on Cuil Duin Row that were supposed to be completed in July?

Supposed to be ready for snagging today but have heard nothing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

We got pushed back another week. But I don't think all the houses did

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is Cuil Duin Walk still on schedule for October? Received contracts a few weeks back but not get any further updates. Looks like they are working on them when passing which is a good sign :)

Ive completed snagging for our house on cuil duin row.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

yoyo wrote: »
    Is Cuil Duin Walk still on schedule for October? Received contracts a few weeks back but not get any further updates. Looks like they are working on them when passing which is a good sign :)

October? You didn't get a memo from developer? Few months ago said that Cuil Duin Walk (except part in front of TLC) is pushed for December and by progress on the side unfortunately can say it can be even longer if they don't speed up. I'm waiting for my house to be complete in this street as well.

Tom13 wrote: »
    October? You didn't get a memo from developer? Few months ago said that Cuil Duin Walk (except part in front of TLC) is pushed for December and by progress on the side unfortunately can say it can be even longer if they don't speed up. I'm waiting for my house to be complete in this street as well.
    Hi Tom,

Last memo from developer had my side as October and the opposite side as December.
    They are making some progress now with this side but not sure if it will be October. I haven't had any update in months just received contracts a month back

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Hi Tom,

Last memo from developer had my side as October and the opposite side as December.
    They are making some progress now with this side but not sure if it will be October. I haven't had any update in months just received contracts a month back

Nick

Hi Nick

Is it cuil duin walk opp to TLC building with building no's 26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 you are mentioning.

Is there any work in progress on this row.

Regards
    Kris

Hi Nick

Is it cuil duin walk opp to TLC building with building no's 26,28,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44,46,48,50 you are mentioning.

Regards
    Kris

Attaching the photo that I have taken in May 2017. Not sure how much progress happened

• Advertisement

Hi Nick

Regards
    Kris

Hi Kris,

Actually, mine are the other side of the road. Below is last update I got from H&MD:
    422662.png

My row is in the Sky Blue colour. The last time I was down (Friday last) the row you are talking about only has the foundations from memory. They also have some bricks down for the purple row (marked as Dec '17 completion date).
    I reckon your row will be well into next year if the memo I have is outdated and mine won't be ready until December.

Nick

Advertisement