Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Ive completed snagging for our house on cuil duin row.

Great news, congratulations :), just wondering was your kitchen tiled?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Leah32 wrote: »
    Great news, congratulations :), just wondering was your kitchen tiled?

Thanks in advance

Thanks Leah, no the kitchen wasn't tiled:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Ive completed snagging for our house on cuil duin row.

Congratulations, have they said how long to fix the snags? Were there many faults?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 terri83

Hi All - was great to have an active thread and read all the feedback.... I'm just about to sign my contract for a 3 bed semi but really concerned regarding the delays everybody has experienced...., I'm resigned to the fact I'll have to wait until April, fairness they have been pretty open about that fact but really concerned about the potential delays.... to the people that have moved in, was it worth the wait? Also, don't 4 bed and 3 bed semi detached houses get 2 parking spaces....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

@terri83
    the 4beds have a driveway that can fit 2 cars but the other houses get 1.5 parking spaces. One allocated and the rest are shared

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil @janeblue

I know a 3 bed semi detached has 2 parking spaces - I happened to bump into the owner when I was up there viewing.

'Cause there is no show house for the 3 bed semi detached the EA is selling it against the 4 bed spec but I'm finding difference between what the EA said and what the contract says...

Have you moved in @Janeblue? How did you find the process?

@terri83 The parking is probably different for you as you are on the same road as the 4beds we're on Row so all we get is 1.5 parking spaces. No haven't moved in yet we're snagging this week so hopefully we shouldn't be too long now. To be honest the whole process has been a nightmare. We bought in June 2016 and were told we'd be in by that Xmas. Contracts were meant to be out in 3 weeks and took 6 months. There was a total lack of communication with both the estate agents and harcourt. We were told at the start certain changes could be made to the house by the estate agents and then Harcourt said we couldn't. They never gave an update on the build I had to keep ringing and asking. They never returned calls I literally had to hound them to get any answers. They're leaving a good few things out of the build which we were never told about this until someone moved in and mentioned it on this. I'm just glad we're at the end now. Hopefully they've got their act together so the other roads don't have as much trouble

Thanks @Janeblue - yeah I was reading through the thread and it seems like a nightmare....

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place..... I really like the houses and estate but the thought of going through all that pain is putting me off... In fairness they did say it would be April '18 before the house is ready and I dont mind, albeit not ideal, even if I was in for the Summer 2018 I would be happy but the thought of having to wait 18 months

The estate is in a good location, certainly better than Citywest Village and the houses are bigger - the thought of having to go back to the drawing board looking a new/second hand houses where prices are rising at a rapid rate is really tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DOminik1981

Hi, I booked the 3 Bed Middle. I wonder how the buildings are isolated noise wise. Have you come across any issue that you can hear alarm clocks in your neighbor’s houses ? J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I'm living in my house now about 3 months and no issues with noises from the neighbours (living in a semi-d) ...hope that my neighbours say the same about me. Can't hear alarm clocks or tv etc. You do hera the Luas from time to time in the early hours of the morning, but thats the advantage of living so near to the stop. Also, some guys on scrambler bikes make some serious noises when they are finished "playing" on the waste ground opposite the estate.
    I meant to pop up to Citywest Village for a look at those houses as they seem to be racing up. One thing I notice they are lacking is the solar panels...I havent had to put on the immersion to heat the water and we've had baths and showers at the same time, the hotpress is full of different concoctions.
    Yes as discussed, some items that were in the original spec are omitted - tap in the back garden, CAT5 wiring for speakers in the house, little door under the stairs in the utility room, no work or changes that can be done with the builders (not sure if that was just said and not written)

Yes dealing with the EA and Harcourt was like pulling teeth...but "hopefully" as time goes on, they will have all the issues ironed out. Getting information was a nightmare especially if you are renting and have to give notice on your current home.

But I am very happy in my new home - love the nice sunsets that I can see from my sitting room.

Hope this helps you all that are waiting with baited breathe for that call from them to say your house is ready or even that you can snag. Best of luck and if anyone has any other questions, ask me ...sure we will hopefully be neighbours soon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

robo wrote: »
    I'm living in my house now about 3 months and no issues with noises from the neighbours (living in a semi-d) ...hope that my neighbours say the same about me. Can't hear alarm clocks or tv etc. You do hera the Luas from time to time in the early hours of the morning, but thats the advantage of living so near to the stop. Also, some guys on scrambler bikes make some serious noises when they are finished "playing" on the waste ground opposite the estate.
    I meant to pop up to Citywest Village for a look at those houses as they seem to be racing up. One thing I notice they are lacking is the solar panels...I havent had to put on the immersion to heat the water and we've had baths and showers at the same time, the hotpress is full of different concoctions.
    Yes as discussed, some items that were in the original spec are omitted - tap in the back garden, CAT5 wiring for speakers in the house, little door under the stairs in the utility room, no work or changes that can be done with the builders (not sure if that was just said and not written)

Yes dealing with the EA and Harcourt was like pulling teeth...but "hopefully" as time goes on, they will have all the issues ironed out. Getting information was a nightmare especially if you are renting and have to give notice on your current home.

But I am very happy in my new home - love the nice sunsets that I can see from my sitting room.

Hope this helps you all that are waiting with baited breathe for that call from them to say your house is ready or even that you can snag. Best of luck and if anyone has any other questions, ask me ...sure we will hopefully be neighbours soon ;)
    I'll be looking to see if the builders can move a radiator in the kitchen, I'll also be requesting CAT5 is installed as it was part of original spec. I'll keep you guys updated with how I get on :rolleyes::rolleyes: . As my house is not built yet this may not be as much of an issue..

@terri83 Yeah we're the same, love the house and the location. At least they're being more honest and realistic now with dates and they do seem to be moving a lot faster. The next road (Cuil Duin walk) is starting to fly up and the builder did say the issues they were having with their partner are now resolved. 
    Thanks robo for the info and congrats on moving in. Hopefully we wont be much longer now, dying to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Thanks for all the info guys! Really looking forward to getting in at this stage. They are making great progress in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

Great to have live feeds on this site to keep up to date as to what's going on.
    I'm currently awaiting a middle house on Cuil duin walk, which is due to be ready Feb 2018 does anyone know if this still stands?
    Also can someone tell me what the annual costs are that we're in the contracts?
    Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Hey guys! Your new hood is now on Waze! Here's a screenshot from the editor:
    NoxMua9.png

tradesman wrote: »
    Congratulations, have they said how long to fix the snags? Were there many faults?

I haven't been told how long it will take for snagging to be complete hoping it won't be too long.. Yes majority were cosmetic but there were some things which was dissappointing but hopefully nothing they cant fix..
    Anyone know if the builders will be on hols for next two weeks?

I haven't been told how long it will take for snagging to be complete hoping it won't be too long.. Yes majority were cosmetic but there were some things which was dissappointing but hopefully nothing they cant fix..
    Anyone know if the builders will be on hols for next two weeks?

Not too sure but I will keep an eye outside for you. They seem to be starting work these days earlier at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

I don't think so as i have snagging next week and the site foreman should be there.

Not too sure but I will keep an eye outside for you. They seem to be starting work these days earlier at 7am.

Thanks, that would be great.. I've just sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vee86

Zoz wrote: »
    Do they give you the option to refund back your 10% deposit if there is such big delays in their side or will you be stuck forever until they finish your house ?
    We didnt sign the contract yet for Cuil Duin walk , Our house is due for completion on Feb 2018 and mostly will be delayed until late 2018 as it seems from other people experience. So still dont know what to do

Hi Zoz,
    I doubt it if you have already paid and signed your contract. It does state in your contract that your house has to be build and ready to move in within 12months. I know it's a long time but at least it can't go past a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Vee86

Krish4u wrote: »
    Today we have received our contracts sealed for cuil duin walk (opp to TLC).However we were told next Feb 2018.
    Not sure why different dates are popping from different members from same phase.
    Which one is correct?

We received and signed our contracts back in April. We are the first row of houses of the Walk so maybe it's where your house is located as I know the walk is quite long and goes down to the end where the entrance of the TLC centre is. The building does look like it's starting again and our house is finally getting past the second story so I am Hoping we will receive our snag list in October and finally after a year waiting we will get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Vee86 wrote: »
    We received and signed our contracts back in April. We are the first row of houses of the Walk so maybe it's where your house is located as I know the walk is quite long and goes down to the end where the entrance of the TLC centre is. The building does look like it's starting again and our house is finally getting past the second story so I am Hoping we will receive our snag list in October and finally after a year waiting we will get in.

We are opp to TLC entrance gate. They gave Feb next year as completion date.However as per other members updates I beleive it will be April or May if work is done at full pace.

If there are anyone in this row( cuil duin walk opp to tlc entrance) please loop the updates.

Appreciate for sharing the experience.Also are there any corner or convenience store to get stuff or do we need to go to citywest shopping centre all the time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Appreciate for sharing the experience.Also are there any corner or convenience store to get stuff or do we need to go to citywest shopping centre all the time

There is quite a decent sized Centra in Saggart, bit of a walk up though as it's at top of the village beside Jacob's. I'd say the road will link up to Garter Avenue eventually where the new Topaz is on Citywest road?

We are opp to TLC entrance gate. They gave Feb next year as completion date.However as per other members updates I beleive it will be April or May if work is done at full pace.

If there are anyone in this row( cuil duin walk opp to tlc entrance) please loop the updates.

I'm on that road too facing Tlc.. have received contracts but haven't signed yet trying to prolong them as much as possible so that we don't have to reapply for mortgage but at this rate I think we're wasting our time we may aswel sign as I'm almost sure there will be a delay I really can't see us moving in in Feb as there isn't even any brick work started on our road as of yet.

@Krish4u - yes as Yoyo says, nothing near by, other than shopping centre and Saggart Centra. The walk to the shopping centre is about 15 minutes max (only did it once) but there is always ample parking.

@LDemo91 I know that feeling, I had to reapply for the mortgage and just when we thought all was good, and keys were imminent, I had to fill in the details for the Life insurance again...that held us up a few days when we could have got the keys :mad:

Just one other thing that I dunno if I mentioned on here before but for your house shopping - you need a separate post box because the houses are A rated...we have no letter box on the door!

yoyo wrote: »
    There is quite a decent sized Centra in Saggart, bit of a walk up though as it's at top of the village beside Jacob's. I'd say the road will link up to Garter Avenue eventually where the new Topaz is on Citywest road?

I heard there is some new construction taking behind TLC. Near Proposed Creche as per the map provided by H&M. Not sure it's a new venture or just levelling the ground.

@Krish4u - yes as Yoyo says, nothing near by, other than shopping centre and Saggart Centra. The walk to the shopping centre is about 15 minutes max (only did it once) but there is always ample parking.

@LDemo91 I know that feeling, I had to reapply for the mortgage and just when we thought all was good, and keys were imminent, I had to fill in the details for the Life insurance again...that held us up a few days when we could have got the keys :mad:

@robo that will probably happen with us more than likely we will have to reapply but I'm just gonna drag my heels with the contracts as long as I possibly can..
    Would the builders do any extra work for you in the house no?
    Have u set up an alarm?

• Advertisement

LDemo91 wrote: »
    @robo that will probably happen with us more than likely we will have to reapply but I'm just gonna drag my heels with the contracts as long as I possibly can..
    Would the builders do any extra work for you in the house no?
    Have u set up an alarm?

Not sure if any other home owners got any extra work done for free but I did have to pay to get my gas hob taken out and replaced with an electric hob (I bought the hob myself) and the plumber and electrician on site did the job (at a cost). This was after we got the keys - we had asked the EA about this previously and we were told we would have to talk to the builders about this.
    Yep first thing I got was an alarm - as far as I can see, most houses that have owners living in them have alarms too. However, one annoying thing is that most suppliers are wire free now and I have lovely white wires hanging from each window cos I have a wireless system :rolleyes:

Advertisement