Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reesi

We have a deposit down on 3 bed middle house.  Does anybody know if with these new builds you could build a porch in front of the house so you wouldn’t step into the living room?  Does it say anything in the contract about not being allowed to make any modifications or to change the look of the house on the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Reesi wrote: »
    We have a deposit down on 3 bed middle house.  Does anybody know if with these new builds you could build a porch in front of the house so you wouldn’t step into the living room?  Does it say anything in the contract about not being allowed to make any modifications or to change the look of the house on the outside?

I am not too sure about porches but I think someone else was telling me that you can have a partition added to the sitting room so you have a divide between the sitting room and a hall. However, your best bet is to check with Harcourt or the Estate Agents before you sign anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I believe there is an option to ask for a wall to be put in separating living room for the middle houses. There was in the phase I was purchasing in anyway

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

I have a 3 bed middle and I have the dividing wall so that I have a hallway and the sitting room. It's in one of the showhouses. It will make the sitting room a little smaller but I really didn't want to be walking directly into the sitting room from the front door.

We were hoping not to have the dividing wall to keep the living room as big as possible which is why I was thinking if we could build a small extension/porch in the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

We were hoping not to have the dividing wall to keep the living room as big as possible which is why I was thinking if we could build a small extension/porch in the front.

There is nothing in the contract regarding extensions/porches as this is a separate matter to the house build. It appears that if the following conditions are met, you don't need a planning permission either:

1. Any such structure shall be situated not less than 2 metres from any road.
    2. The floor area of any such structure shall not exceed 2 square metres.
    3. The height of any such structure shall not exceed, in the case of a structure with a tiled or slated pitched roof, 4 metres or, in any other case, 3 metres.

However, I don't know if the management company has any say in that?

I'd be interested in adding a small porch myself as I opted for not having the dividing wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Quick question. In relation to any status update do we need to approach Hooke &mcd or can we directly contact builder. What shall be the approach.please advise

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

Krish4u wrote: »
    Quick question. In relation to any status update do we need to approach Hooke &mcd or can we directly contact builder. What shall be the approach.please advise

If you get any info on this please let me know I'd be interested in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

LDemo91 wrote: »
    If you get any info on this please let me know I'd be interested in this situation

It's moreso Harcourt Developments I've been dealing with for status updates.. They meet with the builders on site weekly so if there are any changes to timelines etc they would be the first to know about it.. they tend to meet Tues mornings so best time to phone for update I found was Tues afternoon.

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    It's moreso Harcourt Developments I've been dealing with for status updates.. They meet with the builders on site weekly so if there are any changes to timelines etc they would be the first to know about it.. they tend to meet Tues mornings so best time to phone for update I found was Tues afternoon.

Hi Lilbubbles, could you PM me the number you used to contact them? Be interested in checking a few things with Harcourt myself!

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Hi Lilbubbles, could you PM me the number you used to contact them? Be interested in checking a few things with Harcourt myself!

Sent you a pm there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sikorsky

Hello everybody,

we are waiting for the completion of our house on Cuil Duin Row (east side). Has anybody on that side of Cuil Duin Row got any recent information about building progress? The last promise (from couple of months ago) we got is house to be ready for snagging in September.

Lilbubbles,

could you please pm me the contact details of a company you used for snagging? Thanks!

sikorsky wrote: »
    Hello everybody,

we are waiting for the completion of our house on Cuil Duin Row (east side). Has anybody on that side of Cuil Duin Row got any recent information about building progress? The last promise (from couple of months ago) we got is house to be ready for snagging in September.

Lilbubbles,

could you please pm me the contact details of a company you used for snagging? Thanks!

Just sent you a pm there

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Hi

Could you pm me the number for harcourt please?

Thanks!

rossiegal wrote: »
    Hi

Could you pm me the number for harcourt please?

Thanks!

Just sent you a pm there

Hi Lilbubbles

Could you pm me the number for Harcourt as well please?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Hi Lilbubbles,

Appreciate if you could PM me the contact details.

Thanks
    Krish

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ibrapog

Has anybody from cuil duin way received contracts yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MerrionPippin

Hi all,

I posted this in the General Mortgage thread but I think some people in this thread might be in a position to advise. Would appreciate any information, thanks!
    I have a few questions for anyone who has bought a new build, or is in the process.

We're targetting a house in the phase 2 launch of new development, but I've no idea how you go about getting one. Would REALLY appreciate any advice on the below!

(i) When you know the launch date, do you queue at the site or at the estate agent office? I've heard it's the site but that seems a bit weird, no?

(ii) If it's the site, are you queuing at one house in particular, or at the house you want to buy?

(iii) Do you get a chance to view the house before you put the deposit down?

(iv) If the house is 400k, do you need your full 40k deposit there and then? Or only a portion of it? If the latter, when do you pay the rest of the deposit?

(v) How does the first time buyers grant come into all of this? Realistically, are we going to be paying the 10% deposit ourselves with the 5% being refunded direct to the developer?

Sorry if some of these are silly questions, but there's a lack of resources at there for how it works and I'm worried I'm going to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

@merrionpippin
      [ltr]
    1. When you know the launch date, do you queue at the site or at the estate agent office? I've heard it's the site but that seems a bit weird, no?
      [/ltr]
    We registered our interest on the website for our development and got an email a few days before they launched. We bought in the first phase and there was no queue (other than in the sales office) but I don't know how the other phase got on. The sales office is on site in the 4bed showhouse for our development.

(ii) If it's the site, are you queuing at one house in particular, or at the house you want to buy?
    You queue at the sales office.

(iii) Do you get a chance to view the house before you put the deposit down?
    There are show houses for each house I don’t think they’re still open now but they will be open on the day. If you are really interested in seeing them first I’d call the estate agents and see if they will be open again. If not, the 5k deposit is fully refundable up until you sign contracts.

(iv) If the house is 400k, do you need your full 40k deposit there and then? Or only a portion of it? If the latter, when do you pay the rest of the deposit?
    No, you just need a 5k deposit (I’d check with the estate agents just to make sure it’s still this amount). When we bought they gave us their bank details and we transferred the money when we got home. You don’t pay the remaining deposit until signing contracts. They are meant to be out roughly 3weeks later.

(v) How does the first time buyers grant come into all of this? Realistically, are we going to be paying the 10% deposit ourselves with the 5% being refunded direct to the developer?
    We paid our deposit before we had been approved for the grant so we did pay the 10% and then refund went to the builder as well. I’m not sure how they are doing it if you are already approved. I think they’re only meant to take 5% from you and the other 5% will be from the grant. You could give the estate agents a call and they should know.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I posted this in the General Mortgage thread but I think some people in this thread might be in a position to advise. Would appreciate any information, thanks!

Hi MerrionPippin,

As Janeblue mentioned there was no queuing for me either, but I'm in second phase. Actually at first I was interested in one on Cuil Duin Walk but it was already reserved so I put deposit on one in Cuil Duin Way.
    I was lucky that the initial one that interested me in Cuil Duin Walk was a cancellation, so EA gave me option of transfering deposit.
    Initially as in Janeblue's case it was 5k deposit to reserve. I live locally at the minute and I will say there was quite a bit of interest when the new phase was launched/when I walked past it. I'd suggest when they launch the new phase to get down at the earliest stage/if you can take time off work as by the time I had got down many were reserved.
    It took me a few months to get contracts, but as mentioned earlier in the thread there was some NAMA delays. They seem to be making much more progress in the last couple of weeks. I will take a stroll down again this weekend to see how things are going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 terri83

Ibrapog wrote: »
    Has anybody from cuil duin way received contracts yet.

Yes I'm currently working through my contract at the moment - I went back with questions late last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluemonkey99

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 terri83

Supposedely mine is due to be completed April 2018 maybe they are getting through them contracts first.... I've asked questions so it might take them weeks to respond - it could be another couple of months before I actually sign.

Hopefully yours will come through shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

We finally completed our snag list today, was great to actually get into the house after all this time! Plenty of builders on site while we were there too

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

L85 wrote: »
    We finally completed our snag list today, was great to actually get into the house after all this time! Plenty of builders on site while we were there too

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sikorsky

L85 wrote: »
    We finally completed our snag list today, was great to actually get into the house after all this time!

Congratulations!

Are you on the west side of Cuil Duin Row?

Thanks
    Yeah, on the west.
    For those of you that have snagged, did anything come up about the internal doors?
    They are not the same doors that r in the show house, and they have a horrible hinge attached at the top of each door. I'll try attach a photo. Our surveyor said he has never come across anything like them in any other new build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluemonkey99

• Advertisement

Not that I know of yet, other than the other things previously mentioned.
    When I get the snag report back I will let you know.
    Some of the work was poorly finished, and the tiling in main bathroom is really bad but nothing that can't be rectified. Is yours near completion?

Advertisement