Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

L85 wrote: »
    Not that I know of yet, other than the other things previously mentioned.
    When I get the snag report back I will let you know.
    Some of the work was poorly finished, and the tiling in main bathroom is really bad but nothing that can't be rectified. Is yours near completion?

Is the internal network cabling, cupboard door under the stairs and outdoor garden tap present can you remember? It was mentioned on here these were not there in previous phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

yoyo wrote: »
    Is the internal network cabling, cupboard door under the stairs and outdoor garden tap present can you remember? It was mentioned on here these were not there in previous phase.

We do have a cupboard door, which I was surprised to see after hearing it was left out of other houses. There was no tap and didn't see any cabling other than the alarm cables hanging down. Seem to have left out the LED under cupboard lighting in the kitchen too, forgot to mention that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

We do have a cupboard door, which I was surprised to see after hearing it was left out of other houses. There was no tap and didn't see any cabling other than the alarm cables hanging down. Seem to have left out the LED under cupboard lighting in the kitchen too, forgot to mention that

Kitchen LED lighting - I am looking at getting that in myself...as far as I can see, the wiring is there and there is a switch on the wall that does nothing so just need a spark to put them in - annoying I know but I guess I didn't go through the spec properly when we eventually got in :rolleyes:
    But thats good they have rolled back on the cupboard door in the utility room at least - they have us grateful for small mercies

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

We snagged last week and our snagger also mentioned something about the internal doors. We had just over 200 things on our list but they were mainly cosmetic. We're being told 2 weeks before we can re-snag. The cupboard door was in ours, no outside tap and the wiring is CAT5 not CAT6. No surround sound or wiring for speakers.

It's terrible that they need to be asked to provide us with these things!! Just chancing their arm

Janeblue did u get Thorntons to do yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

I just want them to hand over the house. These works are nothing compared to the rent we pay.

Devassy wrote: »
    I just want them to hand over the house. These works are nothing compared to the rent we pay.

I know :mad:
    Dying to get out of this renting game myself but not letting them away with anything

I#240;Ÿ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

Yesterday I saw some progress on the site in our lovely development. Looks like work start to picking up over there, hopefully they will finish before December my row.

It's terrible that they need to be asked to provide us with these things!! Just chancing their arm

Janeblue did u get Thorntons to do yours?

Yes we went with Thorntons. The guy was really good he noticed every little thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Janeblue wrote: »
    Yes we went with Thorntons. The guy was really good he noticed every little thing

Hi Everyone,
    I couldn't find any info about the car park in my contract and also my designated car park is not showed in the map attached with the contract, is this the way with everyone's contract, does it mean that random parking is allowed rather than designated car park for each house?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

kunju wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I couldn't find any info about the car park in my contract and also my designated car park is not showed in the map attached with the contract, is this the way with everyone's contract, does it mean that random parking is allowed rather than designated car park for each house?

Hi, I didn't get any information about it as well, but by reading this contract I'm not surprised about it.

Guys, did you get kitchen appliances in your home? If yes which brand is that? (Of course there is not written about it in contract as well)

kunju wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

When we met with our solicitor she had a more detailed map with our parking space outlined.
    Just check with ur own solicitor first, if not they will need to get clarification from the vendors solicitor.

There was no info on parking in our contract either so I emailed Harcourt for it. Yes we got appliances I think the fridge, washing machine and dishwasher were the same as the show-house which was Zanussi. They did change the hob and oven though they're better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bluemonkey99

This post has been deleted.

Yes still gas just a different one. I've attached a pic of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazbyrneie86

What brand have they switched it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

There was no info on parking in our contract either so I emailed Harcourt for it. Yes we got appliances I think the fridge, washing machine and dishwasher were the same as the show-house which was Zanussi. They did change the hob and oven though they're better

Did you get a reply from Harcourt, Is your designated car park marked on the map attached with your contract?

Thats the one that we got in our kitchen too. I hated it & got a an electric one installed instead, paid for gas to be sealed and electric hob to be put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Robyn_86

My Partner is an Electrician if anyone is looking for work done just PM me.

He is going to fit our LED's in the kitchen, light at front porch, fit alarm and outdoor socket when we move in.

If anyone else here is in a trade can you please share as we might be looking for a carpenter after we move in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

Just wondering is there any work started opp to TLC entrance gate ( cuil duin walk).
    What could be the deliverable dates look like.H&M mentioned as Feb 2018.
    Anyone viewed it recently please update.
    Getting pressure from landlord due to current rental crisis across and it's becoming hard to manage them with out accurate dates of completion.

Krish4u wrote: »
    Just wondering is there any work started opp to TLC entrance gate ( cuil duin walk).
    What could be the deliverable dates look like.H&M mentioned as Feb 2018.
    Anyone viewed it recently please update.
    Getting pressure from landlord due to current rental crisis across and it's becoming hard to manage them with out accurate dates of completion.

I only walked up there the other evening and the base of the houses look to be done (dunno the proper name) but they look like they have started, however I haven't a clue how long it takes to complete once started.
    Thats annoying that your landlord is putting pressure on you - sure once you leave the place you are in, they will have it rented in no time usually.
    From experience of dealing with developers etc - your date can change anytime. hopefully over the next few months as people close more and more, you might get a better idea on the time-frame compared to what others were told.

Have you asked your landlord whats the minimum amount of notice - honestly, they should be a bit understanding that when buying a house, its not as straight forward to get a moving date!

robo wrote: »
    I only walked up there the other evening and the base of the houses look to be done (dunno the proper name) but they look like they have started, however I haven't a clue how long it takes to complete once started.
    Thats annoying that your landlord is putting pressure on you - sure once you leave the place you are in, they will have it rented in no time usually.
    From experience of dealing with developers etc - your date can change anytime. hopefully over the next few months as people close more and more, you might get a better idea on the time-frame compared to what others were told.

Have you asked your landlord whats the minimum amount of notice - honestly, they should be a bit understanding that when buying a house, its not as straight forward to get a moving date!

Thanks Robo for the update. He has given 5 months notice saying he has to sell his house and needs some renovation work carried.We currently live in dublin2 near Templebar. We have requested to extend it till February atleast. He said he will think about it without guarantee.

Krish4u wrote: »
    Thanks Robo for the update. He has given 5 months notice saying he has to sell his house and needs some renovation work carried.We currently live in dublin2 near Templebar. We have requested to extend it till February atleast. He said he will think about it without guarantee.
    Ah right - that is frustrating for you.
    I would advise you to keep an eye on your dates for mortgage application etc - I had to do process another application as it was out of date by the time I could get the keys, but also I got caught on the payment protection policy expiry date. Once you have everything ok on your side - fingers crossed that the developers will also deliver on time for you.

robo wrote: »
    Ah right - that is frustrating for you.
    I would advise you to keep an eye on your dates for mortgage application etc - I had to do process another application as it was out of date by the time I could get the keys, but also I got caught on the payment protection policy expiry date. Once you have everything ok on your side - fingers crossed that the developers will also deliver on time for you.

I am going with BOI. How long did it took for reprocessing the mortgage application once again. And also for payment protection.
    Defo mine needs to reprocessed as my sanction letter will get expired by December. Can I start reprocessing before one month of expiry so we can save time.

How are the broadband speeds.What broadband provider is best down here.Also how is mobile signal reception. Eir mobile /Vodafone.

Has anyone in Cuil Duin Row got completion date? I was told it will be September!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Robyn_86

Has anyone in Cuil Duin Row got completion date? I was told it will be September!

I was told September too and wondering if anyone heard different, also wondering if the first half of the road who was told July have been given a date to move in now snag lists are done or are people still awaiting snagging?

Thanks

Robyn_86 wrote: »

I was told September too and wondering if anyone heard different, also wondering if the first half of the road who was told July have been given a date to move in now snag lists are done or are people still awaiting snagging?

Thanks
    We are first half of the road who were told July . Snagging is done for us.

• Advertisement

We sent our snag list off last Thursday and still haven't heard anything back from them yet!!
    Will ring them today to try get an answer as to when they will start working on the list

Advertisement