Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazbyrneie86

Devassy wrote: »
    Robyn_86 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Cuil Duin Row got completion date? I was told it will be September!

I was told September too and wondering if anyone heard different, also wondering if the first half of the road who was told July have been given a date to move in now snag lists are done or are people still awaiting snagging?

Thanks
    We are first half of the road who were told July . Snagging is done for us.

We are first half of road also snag being done later this week. Was told it would be September when we move in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Krish4u wrote: »
    How are the broadband speeds.What broadband provider is best down here.Also how is mobile signal reception. Eir mobile /Vodafone.

I currently have Virgin broadband/TV and works fine - initially I was getting very bad speeds on android devices but with the help of Virgin forum on here, I got that fixed myself with some tweaking.

My mobile is Meteor and coverage is fine - no issues with 4G data or calls. I think there is a communal Sky dish at the front (ridiculous place) so I think that you can also avail of Sky without the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

We snagged almost 3 weeks ago and were told we can re-snag this week that we'd get a call from them but haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

It's almost 4 weeks since I've snagged and haven't received any update since. I've emailed and phoned and no one's gotten back to me �� Those that were told September - did they give any reasons as to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    It's almost 4 weeks since I've snagged and haven't received any update since. I've emailed and phoned and no one's gotten back to me �� Those that were told September - did they give any reasons as to why?
    I was told even if everything is done by this week it would take more than 3 weeks to get certification from county council. So add minimum a month to when resnagging done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

So effectively, the July "completion" dates mean you might get to your snagging in July if you are lucky and than perhaps you'll move in September time possibly? Are they for real? What am I supposed to do with my rental agreement? Tell the landlord I'll be moving out in September, or wait, October, or maybe November?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sikorsky

L85 wrote: »
    For those of you that have snagged, did anything come up about the internal doors?
    They are not the same doors that r in the show house, and they have a horrible hinge attached at the top of each door. I'll try attach a photo. Our surveyor said he has never come across anything like them in any other new build

Are the internal doors much worse then in show house? Those were really nice :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

sikorsky wrote: »
    Are the internal doors much worse then in show house? Those were really nice :-(

In my opinion they r yeah. I've attached photos
    The first one you can see the stupid looking hinge and the piece cut out of the top of the door and the second one is of our living room door versus our kitchen door (they don't even match)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    So effectively, the July "completion" dates mean you might get to your snagging in July if you are lucky and than perhaps you'll move in September time possibly? Are they for real? What am I supposed to do with my rental agreement? Tell the landlord I'll be moving out in September, or wait, October, or maybe November?
    When we put in the deposit , move in date was by Xmas. We thought 2016 Xmas but looks like 2017 Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

I was told even if everything is done by this week it would take more than 3 weeks to get certification from county council. So add minimum a month to when resnagging done.

Told the same today only house won't be ready for re snagging until next week:rolleyes: They need to issue cert to council once completed which is what will delay us further. What I don't understand is why this cert wasn't issued over 5 weeks ago when the house was first completed. When I asked this question earlier.. it couldn't be answered!! The wait continues :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Vee86

The first one you can see the stupid looking hinge and the piece cut out of the top of the door and the second one is of our living room door versus our kitchen door (they don't even match)

Did you put that on your snag list?? Are they changing them at all?? I am fuming with them, they are terrible look nothing like show houses. I just checked the contract and it does state that they can use variations but this is a disgrace

I am going with BOI. How long did it took for reprocessing the mortgage application once again. And also for payment protection.
    Defo mine needs to reprocessed as my sanction letter will get expired by December. Can I start reprocessing before one month of expiry so we can save time.

Sorry Krish4u - missed this one when I answered your question on broadband.
    It should be a quick process to reapply if your mortgage is expiring - just the same docs as the last time. from what I remember, we re-applied before it was up just so we were ready to go. Just check with your bank, and they should advise you to get it in so that it doesn't expire, in case the developers are ready to close at any time. Just be careful with the life policy etc and mortgage cover if applicable as they too need to be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Krish4u

robo wrote: »
    Sorry Krish4u - missed this one when I answered your question on broadband.
    It should be a quick process to reapply if your mortgage is expiring - just the same docs as the last time. from what I remember, we re-applied before it was up just so we were ready to go. Just check with your bank, and they should advise you to get it in so that it doesn't expire, in case the developers are ready to close at any time. Just be careful with the life policy etc and mortgage cover if applicable as they too need to be renewed.

Thanks Rob
    I did the same. Bank guys said they can start renewal process one month prior expiry.

Vee86 wrote: »
    Did you put that on your snag list?? Are they changing them at all?? I am fuming with them, they are terrible look nothing like show houses. I just checked the contract and it does state that they can use variations but this is a disgrace

I'm fuming over them too, they just look so cheap plus every single one of them rattles when closed so they don't fit into the frames properly.
    Our snagger has requested them to provide specs on the doors and has stated that the intumescent strips are breached on the head of the door frame, this may reduce the fire rating

But the mismatching doors r just unbelievable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Robyn_86

Did anyone else have issues with their doors or did they get as per the showhouse? Also someone mentioned they used a company to survey.. my partner was going to do ours but with all this hassle I'd like to price a company for snags. Can people share cost and contact details of the company? Thanks in advance

Thanks Rob
    I did the same. Bank guys said they can start renewal process one month prior expiry.

I guess have your documents ready to roll as soon as they will take them, from what I remember, it was done quickly enough. Don't be afraid to follow up with them regularly to check that all is in order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

@robyn_86 ;
    We snagged with Thorntons chartered surveyors and they were 369 for just the one snag. They were expensive but worth it they noticed every little thing

We also went with Thorntons and found them great too. Ours was 400 euro, it depends on house type I think

I'm fuming over them too, they just look so cheap plus every single one of them rattles when closed so they don't fit into the frames properly.
    Our snagger has requested them to provide specs on the doors and has stated that the intumescent strips are breached on the head of the door frame, this may reduce the fire rating

But the mismatching doors r just unbelievable!!!

My god this build is just unbelievable...with the very long delay almost a year and our house no where near finished yet and now the crap materials. I am not happy at all buying in this estate anymore. I am not drawing down my mortgage until this house is exactly as the show house spec. This cannot be right at all, can it?? How was the tiling in the main bathroom I heard they weren't great either in someone else's house??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

Surely if the doors in the house aren't the same as the show house they need to be replaced??

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what excatly the service charge is in the contract? My solictor has advised that there is an extra 210.00 for refuse which is fine as everyone pays bin charges but what is the service yearly charge for then??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

We went today to see what is going on over construction site and I noticed there is not much progress by lack of carpentry work, many houses missing timber floor.. I just saw 2 carpenters worked on roof in one of the house in Cuil Duin Walk. Last week was the same.. they don't have enough workers at all. this construction company looks like joke and lack of information from Hooke & Mac Donald is disappointed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Tom13 wrote: »
    We went today to see what is going on over construction site and I noticed there is not much progress by lack of carpentry work, many houses missing timber floor.. I just saw 2 carpenters worked on roof in one of the house in Cuil Duin Walk. Last week was the same.. they don't have enough workers at all. this construction company looks like joke and lack of information from Hooke & Mac Donald is disappointed.

I also took a stroll down today. Most of Cuil Duin Walk up to roof level now (across the road from TLC), they have also started laying down bricks in Cuil Duin Walk opposite the TLC, don't think they were down last week.
    I'm hoping once they get the roofs on things will speed up, but looks like I'll be needed to renew the AIP as my approval is up in October and I doubt they will be ready by then!

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I also took a stroll down today. Most of Cuil Duin Walk up to roof level now (across the road from TLC), they have also started laying down bricks in Cuil Duin Walk opposite the TLC, don't think they were down last week.
    I'm hoping once they get the roofs on things will speed up, but looks like I'll be needed to renew the AIP as my approval is up in October and I doubt they will be ready by then!

Nick

It's so irritating if they're going to be delayed I'd rather be informed than been left on the long finger with no information

Nick

We also went down on fri afternoon as we were both off work to see how many builders were on site. There wasn't as many as I would have thought. There should be double the amount. I still can't believe the first half of the row are not in an the second half still don't have their paths done yet. I am the first half of the walk that are up to the roof stage, are u there too? It really is a joke, our mortgage lapsed in June and had to reapply thank god we got 12 months this time because by the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if we are not in until 2018. I am already waiting over a year for this house it's getting ridiculous at this stage. Then we went by the city west village houses and they had about treble the amount of builders. My major concern now after all this wait is the standard of the house and materials on the inside now. Have you seen the pictures of the doors someone had put up in a previous thread. The quality is shocking and two different doors in one home. It's just not acceptable at this stage

We also went down on fri afternoon as we were both off work to see how many builders were on site. There wasn't as many as I would have thought. There should be double the amount. I still can't believe the first half of the row are not in an the second half still don't have their paths done yet. I am the first half of the walk that are up to the roof stage, are u there too? It really is a joke, our mortgage lapsed in June and had to reapply thank god we got 12 months this time because by the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if we are not in until 2018. I am already waiting over a year for this house it's getting ridiculous at this stage. Then we went by the city west village houses and they had about treble the amount of builders. My major concern now after all this wait is the standard of the house and materials on the inside now. Have you seen the pictures of the doors someone had put up in a previous thread. The quality is shocking and two different doors in one home. It's just not acceptable at this stage

I'm going to get onto my solictor tomorrow with pictures of the doors and ask her to query this with the builders solicitors the ones in the show house are lovely in comparison to the ones in the photo they just look cheap. I'm paying enough for the house and waiting long enough for it to be finished so I want what I seen in the show house.
    If it states in the contracts that there can be variations what else can be changed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I walk by Citywest Village every day to get into work and it is frustrating the lack of progress being made on Cuil Duin in comparison. My house is up to roof level now also so I do have some small hope to be in by the end of the year. But I think mortgage reapplication is inevitable due to the progress at the moment. I wonder is the lack of builders onsite due to this being the builders holidays season?
    I will say that there does seem to be more activity on site than compared to a few weeks back. They also have more blocks laid, I'm having the hope that once the roof is on things will speed up. Then on to the next thing of quality of the internals.. I agree the pictures posted earlier of the internal doors were shocking.

Nick

I walk by Citywest Village every day to get into work and it is frustrating the lack of progress being made on Cuil Duin in comparison. My house is up to roof level now also so I do have some small hope to be in by the end of the year. But I think mortgage reapplication is inevitable due to the progress at the moment. I wonder is the lack of builders onsite due to this being the builders holidays season?
    I will say that there does seem to be more activity on site than compared to a few weeks back. They also have more blocks laid, I'm having the hope that once the roof is on things will speed up. Then on to the next thing of quality of the internals.. I agree the pictures posted earlier of the internal doors were shocking.

Nick

Exactly it really is very frustrating. I am also hoping the lack of builders is down to holiday season but do they take the full two weeks off the end of Aug as builders holidays and there will be no builders on site for that duration? Do they still do that, you think? I am hoping they don't. They have made good progress the last couple of months compared to the rest of the year so I am like you and hopefull we will be in by the end of the year but I won't be surprised if not. Finger crossed, I just can't wait to snag the house now and see what they are trying to get away with in the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rossiegal

Builders holidays are usually the first two weeks of August so hoping they are not taking them seeing as they have had about six months off!! They've made great progress on my house in the last six weeks so hoping that continues. 10 weeks to completion date (end of oct) so hoping it will be close enough to that. Have to reapply for mortgage as it runs out this month-fingers crossed there's no problem with that at least! The doors don't look great at all but had a look at contracts and it only specifies solid oak doors so don't know if there's any chance they'll change them.

• Advertisement

rossiegal wrote: »
    Builders holidays are usually the first two weeks of August so hoping they are not taking them seeing as they have had about six months off!! They've made great progress on my house in the last six weeks so hoping that continues. 10 weeks to completion date (end of oct) so hoping it will be close enough to that. Have to reapply for mortgage as it runs out this month-fingers crossed there's no problem with that at least! The doors don't look great at all but had a look at contracts and it only specifies solid oak doors so don't know if there's any chance they'll change them.[/quote

Hahahaha your dead right they did have too much time off. Yeh we checked the contract too, don't think they will be changing them but they look terrible. We were just up there and every house apart from the road with the show houses have these horrible doors, so I definitely think they are doing them on the cheap. The same with our house has gone up a lot and completion date is oct too so we are Hoping the same.

Advertisement