Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

Builders holidays in most of companies is the same as other people take a holiday, unless it is a big company (i didn't see any big company over there, just a few small subcontractors), hopefully all of this hassle will end up on time and in good manner, then I don't want to listen anymore about this sales and construction company. Of course if everything will be great with house.

Anyway, does anyone took any measurements of open living room (without wall, middle 3 bed house)? I tried to rearrange meeting with Hooke but it won't happen so soon.. I'm wondering about it cos I would like to find some nice sofa for this room.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

The builders were back from holidays last week, this is why re-snagging was delayed. Hopefully they get a move on now. We're also being pushed back 3 weeks because of this cert and they still haven't even applied for it yet. 
    @Tom13 I have attached a pic with the measurements for the sitting room for the middle 3 bed. The measurements are in inches and its for the one without the wall (just ignore the wall in the pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

LDemo91 wrote: »
    I'm going to get onto my solictor tomorrow with pictures of the doors and ask her to query this with the builders solicitors the ones in the show house are lovely in comparison to the ones in the photo they just look cheap. I'm paying enough for the house and waiting long enough for it to be finished so I want what I seen in the show house.
    If it states in the contracts that there can be variations what else can be changed?

My solicitor is waiting to hear back from their solicitor about them so I will keep yous posted but if we all complain they will have to do something, hopefully!! What's more annoying is when I questioned them about making small alterations like tile choice etc I was told that no alterations can me made, house comes as per show house only.... yet they can make changes where they like?
    We have all waited long enough, delay after delay and now have this sh#t to deal with at the end of it, it's a disgrace. We sent our snag list in on 3rd Aug and when my other half called around to site on the 10th to speak to the foreman he was told he hadn't received it yet. Ur man in the office (I won't mention any names on here but u probably know who I'm talking about) is a total waste of space!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

L85 wrote: »
    My solicitor is waiting to hear back from their solicitor about them so I will keep yous posted but if we all complain they will have to do something, hopefully!! What's more annoying is when I questioned them about making small alterations like tile choice etc I was told that no alterations can me made, house comes as per show house only.... yet they can make changes where they like?
    We have all waited long enough, delay after delay and now have this sh#t to deal with at the end of it, it's a disgrace. We sent our snag list in on 3rd Aug and when my other half called around to site on the 10th to speak to the foreman he was told he hadn't received it yet. Ur man in the office (I won't mention any names on here but u probably know who I'm talking about) is a total waste of space!

My solictor is also awaiting a reply she sent on an email to them today so I will also keep you posted.
    In fairness to the builders I was up there today and have spoke to one of the lads a few time (fella with the white hair and Northern Ireland accent) they seem to be flat out, there's only a small amount of them but the ones that are working seem to be hard at it and the man I've been talking too seems to be lovely I think a lot of the delay has come from the office and paper work end rather than the builders themselves.
    Hopefully things will move along quickly now, I was up today and Cuil Duin Walk facing TlC seems to be making progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tom13

Janeblue wrote: »
    The builders were back from holidays last week, this is why re-snagging was delayed. Hopefully they get a move on now. We're also being pushed back 3 weeks because of this cert and they still haven't even applied for it yet. 
    @Tom13 I have attached a pic with the measurements for the sitting room for the middle 3 bed. The measurements are in inches and its for the one without the wall (just ignore the wall in the pic)

Thanks a lot for that. It will help for sure. By any chance do have any other picture of floor measurements from house or anything what could help me to calculate roughly floor sqm (can be in inches)? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mufc91

Would anyone be interested in joining a private Facebook members page for current and potential new residents if it was to be set up. Just to have it to have chats or To discuss private matters about our new estate and even to discuss little things such as to organising community activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LDemo91

Mufc91 wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in joining a private Facebook members page for current and potential new residents if it was to be set up. Just to have it to have chats or To discuss private matters about our new estate and even to discuss little things such as to organising community activities?

Yes I would be really interested in this would be easier than this board I think. If you set it up I'm Leeanne Dempsey on Facebook so add me in :)

Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mufc91

Facebook group is now live. Cuil duin residents is the name

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kr1st1n3

Facebook group is now live. Cuil duin residents is the name

Hi, found it now, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 TDS5272

Yes, I would definitely be interested.

Also found it on facebook.
    Please add myself + my husband to the group,we are Sandra Clarke + Stanton Clarke.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SeanF89

Hi All,

First off thanks for all the comments. This really is the only place to get any update on the houses.

Speaking of lack of communication................(after a week of trying to contact Harcourt) I eventually got onto the Project Manager and he now tells me that Cuil Duin Row East (opposite TLC) will not be available for snagging until early October (with up to three weeks to get resnag/council certificates).

The frustration continues..........

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

SeanF89 wrote: »
    Hi All,

First off thanks for all the comments. This really is the only place to get any update on the houses.

Speaking of lack of communication................(after a week of trying to contact Harcourt) I eventually got onto the Project Manager and he now tells me that Cuil Duin Row East (opposite TLC) will not be available for snagging until early October (with up to three weeks to get resnag/council certificates).

The frustration continues..........

Really sorry to hear dates are being pushed back again although I'm not surprised at all considering the continuous delays.
    I'm still waiting to resnag....yet again and they won't give me any expected completion time...all I'm getting is I'll let you know when it's done.
    So dissappointing to get this far after waiting so long only for the delays to be ongoing and communication non existent 🙈
    As for the project manager, don't get me started :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vee86

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear dates are being pushed back again although I'm not surprised at all considering the continuous delays.
    I'm still waiting to resnag....yet again and they won't give me any expected completion time...all I'm getting is I'll let you know when it's done.
    So dissappointing to get this far after waiting so long only for the delays to be ongoing and communication non existent 🙈
    As for the project manager, don't get me started :rolleyes:

Oh lord this is getting ridiculous now at this stage. I don't understand the delays now. I am the same, the project manager is an absolute joke!! The most frustrating build of all time. I am the walk behind the row and we were told October but considering your delayed and I am guessing we will also be delayed even further.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Vee86 wrote: »
    Oh lord this is getting ridiculous now at this stage. I don't understand the delays now. I am the same, the project manager is an absolute joke!! The most frustrating build of all time. I am the walk behind the row and we were told October but considering your delayed and I am guessing we will also be delayed even further.

Likewise I'm in same row of Cuil duin walk. Wondering if there is any chance of being in by the end of year but not sure now!

Was just down at the site today. Couldn't see massive progress but a bit of work on the gardens on Cuil Duin Row (East). Posts and wooden surrounds popping up. Bit of surface leveling out and patios going down. Could have been a bit of work done inside though. ..................

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Robyn_86

Has any one form Cuil Duin Row moved in or been given dates to when they will get their keys?
    Also has the doors issue been sorted ?

Thanks R

Robyn_86 wrote: »
    Has any one form Cuil Duin Row moved in or been given dates to when they will get their keys?
    Also has the doors issue been sorted ?

Thanks R

Still working on our first snag list a month later, no info on when it will be ready to resnag and still waiting to hear back from their solicitor about the doors.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gavin147

Hi guys I've had a deposit since June last year on a mid terrace house still waiting to move in snag finished and still more delays its gone beyond a joke nobady can give a date from des to Gavin Donovan who is over the closing and is 0 help has anyone else had same problems with communication regards gavin

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Likewise I'm in same row of Cuil duin walk. Wondering if there is any chance of being in by the end of year but not sure now!

Im on the avenue my snag finished and everything ready will house was ment to be ready January then March then may then july its now september and i was 1 of the first houses ur man Gavin Donovan is no help and asked mw to stop ringing for updates theres noting he can do

Kr1st1n3 wrote: »
    Hi, found it now, thanks :)

Alright pal im moving into cuil duin avenue sometime next week me girlfriend ia trying to add into the facebook group coukd you accept her cheers regards gav

Gavin147 wrote: »
    Im on the avenue my snag finished and everything ready will house was ment to be ready January then March then may then july its now september and i was 1 of the first houses ur man Gavin Donovan is no help and asked mw to stop ringing for updates theres noting he can do

I've had the exact same experience...im ringing 3 and 4 times a day at this stage they won't take my calls and not returning my emails. After resnagging two weeks ago and happened to be in the house this week and they haven't addressed any of the snags outstanding and no one will update me on anything. Fobbing me off the last 2 weeks.

Think it's time we escalated things, I honestly don't know how they can get away with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Robyn_86

This is ridiculous!!! I haven't snagged as yet as we're due this month but with all these issues I expect we will receive the same when we do!!

I've emailed some of the south Dublin coco reps with all of our concerns.. I know this is a private estate but it's no harm to try get some political influence involved.. especially with a new estate full of potential electors for the 2019 election.. I'm sure they will be keen to help!!
    Will let you know if I get any response

Has anyone received any update at all as to what is causing the delay in getting us into our houses?
    The lack of communication from the developers is quite concerning and the more time which passes I'm getting more anxious as to the cause of the delay.
    I've also been told through friends of a friend that there has been major issues with land registry and planning which haven't been resolved ... has anyone else heard anything?
    Really hoping it's not true ��

• Registered Users Posts: 9 terri83

Hi Lilbubbles,

Its a total nightmare but I'm pretty sure its not a planning issue as the SDCC website shows that planning was granted - the land is owned by Nama and supposedly funding from them is pretty slow.... I was really concerned but we are in a market where Nama can't be seen to hold supply - I presonally think the issue is more technical, could be an issue with access, sewerage etc.

Now thats just my opinion not based on any fact... :)

Got mail from Hooke and MacDonald today. Cuil Duin Row (East) delayed until late October.

The saga continues........

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

SeanF89 wrote: »
    Got mail from Hooke and MacDonald today. Cuil Duin Row (East) delayed until late October.

The saga continues........

Also got the same email with no explanation or care of delay! Hopefully be in for Christmas judging by the others experience of turnaround!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Jaysis just read through a lot of this thread. Crazy carry on with delays and changes to specs.

Harcourt Developers seem to be some crowd anyway....

• Advertisement

Have they changed the internal doors yet?

Advertisement