Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Have the prices of these increased in the last number of days ??

Yes. Mid Terrace now starts at 290,000 and end terrace starts from 310,000. Earlier end Terrace started from 290,000

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Devassy wrote:
    Yes. Mid Terrace now starts at 290,000 and end terrace starts from 310,000. Earlier end Terrace started from 290,000

Madness that people are paying these prices when there's plenty of terraced houses in MillBrook/Watergate/Springfield for 200K.

Or 250/300K for semi D's in old bawn/Aylesbury.

More amenities and transport on your doorstep too.

Madness that people are paying these prices when there's plenty of terraced houses in MillBrook/Watergate/Springfield for 200K.

Might be because these are new builds

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Devassy wrote:

I have spent the last 2 years looking at houses around 275k mark (including around Oldbawn and Aylesbury) and in terms of space nothing even comes close to these. 280k / 120 sqm = 2,333 EUR/sqm in Cuil Duin. 280k / 80sqm = EUR 3,500/sqm in Oldbawn. It's mad that people are willing to spend that much for a semi D in Oldbawn/Aylesbury. And that's without even going into Luas vs Dublin Bus, A rated vs D rated, new vs second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

There are not plenty of terraced houses for 200k in millbrook and not one house for sale in watergate ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maxkammerer

Devassy wrote: »

This doesn't affect those who already paid the deposit, does it?

Sorry I should have said in my opinion. To each their own and all that. Friends have bought similar houses in saggart and they're 3 floors 5 bathrooms. Front door opening into your sitting room. No front garden, small back gardens.

These might be different but along with the area I just don't see why people would want to pay these prices.

Not sure what the Dublin bus/Luas comment means?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

So where are these 200k mid terrace houses that you speak of in watergate/millbrook ??

So where are these 200k mid terrace houses that you speak of in watergate/millbrook ??

An eot house on my road in Watergate sold for 210K in December. A friend just went sake agreed on an eot in Springfield for the same price.

Not saying they're plentiful but just voicing my opinion when I saw the prices quoted on this thread.

• Advertisement

This doesn't affect those who already paid the deposit, does it?

No. That's what they said!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Devassy wrote:

New builds have so much more efficiencies that they carry some premium for example the high level of insulation. But how much are they worth?

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    http://floodmaps.ie/View/FloodReports.aspx?Type=Reports&FloodId=11600

Here is the report from the flooding back in 2011. Looks like the water spilled on to the roundabout leading to the development, but that's about it. I work for an insurance company, will check the flood rating for the area when I come back from holidays

Only got round to checking the flood rating now - it's green, no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maxkammerer

Did anybody get their contracts, guys?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

No contacts either, our surveyor said competition date should be around 1st Feb 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CygnusXone

Has anyone had a look at:
    google/maps/place/Cuil+Duin/@53.284893,-6.4330302,675m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48677467014b7713:0x556e3697d68b54da!8m2!3d53.284505!4d-6.433161

If you look at the satellite view and look at the road that runs in front of the houses on Citywest Avenue (Look at site plan to see Citywest Avenue: cuilduin/site-plan/) it looks as if the road should have been in the past joined up to around about further on.

I have asked the question about the road and am still waiting 3 weeks later to hear anything.

My fear is that the road is connected up and then I have a public road in front of my house.

Has anyone heard anything about this road?

Good luck getting any information - my solicitor was finally informed last week that it will be another month before they get the contracts. :rolleyes:

This is also my fear as we were told they don't know if it's been connected as it was their from last development that fell through.. We put deposit on that road and want it clarified before contracts!!

• Advertisement

Leah32 wrote: »
    This is also my fear as we were told they don't know if it's been connected as it was their from last development that fell through.. We put deposit on that road and want it clarified before contracts!!

Is it just the booking deposit that you put on?

Yes as no contacts as yet

Well, the site plan shows trees growing in the middle of that road :rolleyes: Presumably, if it gets connected up in the future, they would need to install a fence alongside it. There is a fence already at the other (Carrig Court) side of the road.

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Well, the site plan shows trees growing in the middle of that road :rolleyes: Presumably, if it gets connected up in the future, they would need to install a fence alongside it. There is a fence already at the other (Carrig Court) side of the road.

My concern is that I have both asked the question to the estate agents and the developers and neither has come back to me on my concerns (its been 4 weeks). Trees on the site plan doesn’t necessarily mean that they will plant there and at present the road is been used by the developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Leah32 wrote: »
    No contacts either, our surveyor said competition date should be around 1st Feb 2017

What road are you on for that date? View, Row or Ave?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

I am on Citywest Avenue myself and i am guessing that hey will build a wall or some sort of fencing to prevent direct access to the road in front. I suppose the road will join the new Topaz station on N82. BTW anyone has any update on the contracts? EBS's offer of cash back on mortgage is ending in October. if they don't extend the scheme we all will end up loosing ~€6000 .

Further developments.

I have gotten a call from the estate agents and they have confirmed that the road in front of the houses on Citywest Avenue will be connected up in the future. If you have been out there and looked at the road and where the houses are in relation to it there isn’t a huge amount of space for any sort of a wall or barrier.

Not good news, but worthwhile knowing if you are considering buying a house there.

EBS offer extended up to March 2017

Anyone heard about the contracts?

• Advertisement

tintin23 wrote: »
    Anyone heard about the contracts?

Nope nothing :rolleyes:

Advertisement