Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TDS5272

L85 wrote: »
    In my opinion they r yeah. I've attached photos
    The first one you can see the stupid looking hinge and the piece cut out of the top of the door and the second one is of our living room door versus our kitchen door (they don't even match)
    Have they changed the internal door yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Hopefully things have improved since the last posts. We viewed here in July 2016 I think but have since bought elsewhere.

We got an email notification that the next phase is being released and going on show tomorrow at 2:30pm. Open viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Hopefully things have improved since the last posts. We viewed here in July 2016 I think but have since bought elsewhere.

We got an email notification that the next phase is being released and going on show tomorrow at 2:30pm. Open viewing.

I am in the house now, 19 months after putting the deposit down and three mortgage applications later.

They are still a nightmare to deal and there there are still delays with the development, although in fairness they are making better progress now (at least on the outside) than they were previously.

All the whinging had just moved to the facebook group instead of here as at least there you can express yourself more freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seb102

Those of you who are already living there, are you happy with the area?
    Also, do you get good internet there?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

seb102 wrote: »
    Those of you who are already living there, are you happy with the area?
    Also, do you get good internet there?

I have Virgin media and it's OK for me. No issues with Netflix, VPN to work, general internet browsing at any time.

The area is generally quiet, close to shops locally and it's easy to get to bigger shopping centers (Liffey Valley/Blanch/Dundrum/IKEA etc). Drove through Rathcoole once, looks interesting, some new restaurants/pubs to try. I've heard the Anvil is Saggart is good, but haven't been there yet.

Overall I am happy, few minor issues in the estate (scramblers etc) but nothing I wouldn't expect. Check the FB group if you want more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sukanta007

Hi guys,

I went to view showhouse 2 weeks back at cuil duin, saggart & reserved one. I have seen that there are some properties already completed, but got surprised as most of the residents have NOT moved in yet.

Please advise if there is something wrong to this property & due to this people did not move in though it's ready ! I was going through some posts here & found people r waiting for long (>1 yr) to get the house. It's quite scary & frustrated news. People have put in all their savings to buy property, but the situation looks like different here. Please help to understand what's going on with this property. Appreciate your quick feedback.

Thank,
    Sukanta

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Sukanta007 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I went to view showhouse 2 weeks back at cuil duin, saggart & reserved one. I have seen that there are some properties already completed, but got surprised as most of the residents have NOT moved in yet.

Please advise if there is something wrong to this property & due to this people did not move in though it's ready ! I was going through some posts here & found people r waiting for long (>1 yr) to get the house. It's quite scary & frustrated news. People have put in all their savings to buy property, but the situation looks like different here. Please help to understand what's going on with this property. Appreciate your quick feedback.

Thank,
    Sukanta
    Hi Sukanta,

I moved in to my house about 2 weeks ago. I was fortunate I purchased a cancellation so I only waited about a year before deposit was put down until house was ready.
    There were some issues with NAMA funding last year which slowed things down considerably. But they seem to be making better progress this year after this was resolved. Plenty of activity on site now.
    I'm not aware of any structural issues or major issues with these houses. In fact, they have been finished to a very high spec people I've had over have commented. My surveyor even said the same.
    But when I snagged the house was in no way near ready for snagging. Electricity and gas had not been connected, some internal parts not even finished!

Which road are you on? I see parts of Cuil Duin Way is fairly well up at this stage. I'm on Cuil Duin Walk.

There is a Facebook forum for these houses search "Cuin Duin Residents" and join. There is definitely more activity on there.

The biggest problems people are having concerning these houses is the lack of proper communication amongst the Developers, Builders and estate agents. Each party seem to give a different answer to questions you may ask. Sometimes even give out completely wrong information.

If you go down on site and ask for Junior (the foreman) or Stacey (Harcourt developments contact) they should be able to give you a more accurate update about your house.

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Hi Sukanta,

I moved in to my house about 2 weeks ago. I was fortunate I purchased a cancellation so I only waited about a year before deposit was put down until house was ready.
    There were some issues with NAMA funding last year which slowed things down considerably. But they seem to be making better progress this year after this was resolved. Plenty of activity on site now.
    I'm not aware of any structural issues or major issues with these houses. In fact, they have been finished to a very high spec people I've had over have commented. My surveyor even said the same.
    But when I snagged the house was in no way near ready for snagging. Electricity and gas had not been connected, some internal parts not even finished!

Which road are you on? I see parts of Cuil Duin Way is fairly well up at this stage. I'm on Cuil Duin Walk.

There is a Facebook forum for these houses search "Cuin Duin Residents" and join. There is definitely more activity on there.

The biggest problems people are having concerning these houses is the lack of proper communication amongst the Developers, Builders and estate agents. Each party seem to give a different answer to questions you may ask. Sometimes even give out completely wrong information.

If you go down on site and ask for Junior (the foreman) or Stacey (Harcourt developments contact) they should be able to give you a more accurate update about your house.

Nick

Thanks a lot Nick for the feedback. Congrats to you to have your dream house. Hope you will enjoy staying over there.

I booked 3 bed mid-terraced 🠠at cuil duin avenue which was on cancellation list. Estate Agent said it will be ready to move in either end of dec'2018 or 1st quarter of 2019 (I highly doubt on this as per the current situation!!). I am yet to receive my contract (EA will send it in 10 days). It would be really helpful if you please provide me some more details below -

1) Did the developer deliver everything as per their specification ? Are you happy with the quality of the house ?

2) Did the developer complete all the things as per the snag list before you move to your house ?

3) Mortgage offer letter is valid for certain period (6 months), but if you do not get ur house by that time, this offer letter will be expired. Is it for sure that bank will keep on issuing offer letter unless you receive your house key ? What's your experience in this case as you may have experienced same problem ?

Thnx,
    Sukanta

Sukanta007 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Nick for the feedback. Congrats to you to have your dream house. Hope you will enjoy staying over there.

I booked 3 bed mid-terraced 🠠at cuil duin avenue which was on cancellation list. Estate Agent said it will be ready to move in either end of dec'2018 or 1st quarter of 2019 (I highly doubt on this as per the current situation!!). I am yet to receive my contract (EA will send it in 10 days). It would be really helpful if you please provide me some more details below -

1) Did the developer deliver everything as per their specification ? Are you happy with the quality of the house ?

2) Did the developer complete all the things as per the snag list before you move to your house ?

3) Mortgage offer letter is valid for certain period (6 months), but if you do not get ur house by that time, this offer letter will be expired. Is it for sure that bank will keep on issuing offer letter unless you receive your house key ? What's your experience in this case as you may have experienced same problem ?

Thnx,
    Sukanta

Thanks Sukanta,

Yes, except for some minor changes. CAT5E LAN cable instead of CAT6 wiring, no wiring for surround sound are two differences between specs which come to mind. Fairly minor differences. Yes I'm happy with the house. The finish is very nice.

Mostly all! I decided to move in after the second snag (either wait for minor fixes and pay rent, or move in and let them fix them while I'm in). The developers have been very good sorting out issues since moving in. Helps they are on site. Electrician was a no show today though! :mad:

I had to renew my mortgage application just the once. I let me broker deal with it. I cannot guarantee you you would get 2 extensions (or how many you many need). You'd really need to discuss this with your lawyer/the bank themselves.

Nick

Thanks Sukanta,

Yes, except for some minor changes. CAT5E LAN cable instead of CAT6 wiring, no wiring for surround sound are two differences between specs which come to mind. Fairly minor differences. Yes I'm happy with the house. The finish is very nice.

Mostly all! I decided to move in after the second snag (either wait for minor fixes and pay rent, or move in and let them fix them while I'm in). The developers have been very good sorting out issues since moving in. Helps they are on site. Electrician was a no show today though! :mad:

I had to renew my mortgage application just the once. I let me broker deal with it. I cannot guarantee you you would get 2 extensions (or how many you many need). You'd really need to discuss this with your lawyer/the bank themselves.

Nick

Thanks Nick for the useful information.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Did your place's kitchen have fitting for ceiling speakers as in the information leaflet? Did you have any heating issues? I heard some people reporting theirs was not as warm as you might expect for a A rated house. Apparently this is a common problem in new Irish houses.

robp wrote: »
    Did your place's kitchen have fitting for ceiling speakers as in the information leaflet? Did you have any heating issues? I heard some people reporting theirs was not as warm as you might expect for a A rated house. Apparently this is a common problem in new Irish houses.

No ceiling wires for surround sound. CAT5 instead of CAT6 ethernet cabling (not terminated, hidden behind blanking plate). I find I'm still adjusting to the house/heating systems (went from apartment living/storage heating to gas so it's taking time to get used to).
    There seems to be a slight draft coming from the Heat Recovery system when the rest of the house is cold. Being honest I just came back from a weekend with family and its not as cold as I thought it would be. They are big 3 storey houses, so I guess we have to expect they can't be warm all the time!

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

No ceiling wires for surround sound. CAT5 instead of CAT6 ethernet cabling (not terminated, hidden behind blanking plate). I find I'm still adjusting to the house/heating systems (went from apartment living/storage heating to gas so it's taking time to get used to).
    There seems to be a slight draft coming from the Heat Recovery system when the rest of the house is cold. Being honest I just came back from a weekend with family and its not as cold as I thought it would be. They are big 3 storey houses, so I guess we have to expect they can't be warm all the time!

Nick

I had a look at these houses and they seem to have no membrane to keep out draughts. I am not an expert but as far I can see any you'd want to fill any penetration in the interior wall. Mostly the builders filled holes that they made but I found a few major unfilled ones that allowed a ton of cold air to get in.

Advertisement