Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Are they waiting for the budget ???

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Devassy wrote: »
    Are they waiting for the budget ???

Don't know, but it's a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

My solicitor contacted them last week and was told the contracts wouldn't be issued for another 3 weeks - delay with title deeds apparently.
    Has anyone been given an idea of completion date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    My solicitor contacted them last week and was told the contracts wouldn't be issued for another 3 weeks - delay with title deeds apparently.
    Has anyone been given an idea of completion date yet?

We were originally told we would be in by Christmas 😠I should have asked which year.... very little progress being made. We only live around the corner so we pass by most days and it's very frustrating to see more and more foundations going down but they don't seem to be finishing any!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

Same here.. I live close by and not much work happening on first block which i think they should be trying to finish. Extremely frustrating....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Is it a small developer?
    I called down there at the weekend, the scale of the development in progress still appears to be quite small and progress slow.
    Bizarre given the current climate, unless they have been ordered to play a waiting game.

I also saw only handful of workers working on site... strange

Is it a small developer?
    I called down there at the weekend, the scale of the development in progress still appears to be quite small and progress slow.
    Bizarre given the current climate, unless they have been ordered to play a waiting game.

They're not a small developer, check out their developments at http://harcourtdevelopments.com There is something fishy going on here, I think I'll start looking again. At that pace it will be 2020 before we'll be able to move in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I hope An Túath haven't swooped on the development. It wouldn't be the first time they pulled the rug out from under folks with deposits paid.

Probably overly paranoid..
    House hunting is grating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

If deposits are paid is the advertised price guaranteed?

• Advertisement

robp wrote: »
    If deposits are paid is the advertised price guaranteed?

We will find out soon enough I guess

Getting increasingly anxious with the delay in contracts and little progress with houses. Anyone received any further updates from EA?

Getting increasingly anxious with the delay in contracts and little progress with houses. Anyone received any further updates from EA?

On to Des today and he said the usual... contacts should be out in 2/3 weeks and will have completion dates in them. It's gone beyond a joke now at this stage
    Did anyone else see the new planning application? They want to change a whole block of houses and put apartments in, it's further on down the development

Yes it really is getting beyond a joke. I'm being told the same for months now. Solicitor was told last week that the vendors have recently changed solicitors, not sure of the reasons but hoping things will move along quicker now. Still doesn't explain why the build is slow to progress. No I didn't see the planning application, I'll look it up now though, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

I was onto the estate agents yesterday and supposedly the contracts are going to be out either this week or next. Also it's whatever price you agreed on at the start

Yes it really is getting beyond a joke. I'm being told the same for months now. Solicitor was told last week that the vendors have recently changed solicitors, not sure of the reasons but hoping things will move along quicker now. Still doesn't explain why the build is slow to progress. No I didn't see the planning application, I'll look it up now though, thanks.

Were u able to see the planning application. it's not good if there are going to be appartments.

The notice on site says 12 houses to give way to 24 apts 1 & 2 bed apartments. Dont know which 12 houses are those. Nothing on sdcc website yet

tintin23 wrote: »
    The notice on site says 12 houses to give way to 24 apts 1 & 2 bed apartments. Dont know which 12 houses are those. Nothing on sdcc website yet

They were refused permission :-) it's on the website alright, it's under ref SD16A/0297.

They are going by the name Greenacre Residential Ltd and not Harcourt developments as advertised. Company was only set up in March last year....

I can see permission for a primary school is also there - SD16A/0255. I wonder how many primary schools are going to be there. And yes the permission for 24 apts is refused. I guess it is good news... If this remains a houses-only estate it will be much better.

Glad to see the apartments have been refused, wouldn't be surprised if they submit a revised application though. The location of apartments was at the very back of estate so none of the houses being sold in phase 1 would be overlooked by apts. Hopefully contracts will be out this week.

• Advertisement

L85 wrote: »
    They were refused permission :-) it's on the website alright, it's under ref SD16A/0297.

They are going by the name Greenacre Residential Ltd and not Harcourt developments as advertised. Company was only set up in March last year....

Has anyone got the full mortgage approval done, i.e. solicitor pack. This i guess involves survey by the bank done

tintin23 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the full mortgage approval done, i.e. solicitor pack. This i guess involves survey by the bank done

Not yet no. Just waiting on these long-awaited contracts first...

Anyone got any updates???

Anyone got any updates???
    I spoke with my solicitor today who had been in touch with builders solicitors. They have received title deeds which I believe they were waiting on before they could issue contracts but told us that it will still be another couple of weeks before we get them.

Another 3-4 weeks' delay.... they arent doing very well for their reputation.

So they are going to launch the next phase and we don't have our contracts yet 😂

So they are going to launch the next phase and we don't have our contracts yet 😂

How do you know they're going to launch the next phase? Daft adds are still saying "current phase sold out".

Re contracts, the EA is not even bothering replying to emails anymore.

I am yet to come across a decent EA and have been dealing with a raft of them for the last 2 years or so. I think I now like clampers more.

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    How do you know they're going to launch the next phase? Daft adds are still saying "current phase sold out".

Re contracts, the EA is not even bothering replying to emails anymore.

I am yet to come across a decent EA and have been dealing with a raft of them for the last 2 years or so. I think I now like clampers more.

Am unable to post the link. You can search for them in Facebook and see the news about new launch

Am unable to post the link. You can search for them in Facebook and see the news about new launch

Got it:

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/agent-primed-for-newtranche-bookings-at-cil-din-35185880.html

• Advertisement

has anyone heard anything lately. Got a call from solicitors that they were contacted by agents' solicitors informing that they are sending the contracts out

Advertisement