Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

Has any one got the car park marked in the boundaries of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

tintin23 wrote: »
    Has any one got the car park marked in the boundaries of the house?
    No car park not marked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

How are the builders allowed to change the prices? If i bought an item in a shop fo €x.... & said I would collect it in 1 months time and when I went back they said you have to pay €x plus 123, what would I do? A deal is a deal, solicitors should clamp down on this

price hike could be a genuine mistake.... after all they release all the contracts in batch mode. They'd happily correct the price i suppose.
    Did anyone's lawyer pointed out anything glaring in the contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

price hike could be a genuine mistake.... after all they release all the contracts in batch mode. They'd happily correct the price i suppose.
    Did anyone's lawyer pointed out anything glaring in the contracts?

Not yet, mine are still being reviewed
    Lilbubbles wrote: »
    No car park not marked

This one should be interesting. According to the email from the EA "There are 1.5 car spaces allocated to the three bedroom houses. "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Not yet, mine are still being reviewed

This one should be interesting. According to the email from the EA "There are 1.5 car spaces allocated to the three bedroom houses. "

That's standard planning. One space per unit and a share in visitor parking. Totally impractical given a 3 bed could have 5 cars if it were rented out but that's the standard parking allocation across the Dublin local authorities if you don't have a private driveway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Happy New Year neighbours to be ...well hopefully sometime in 2017

Has anyone signed their contracts or got any further than just their solicitor getting the contracts?

Not yet..some clarifications required from the builder. Requested the bank to do the survey.. Has anyone finalised on the snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

robo wrote: »
    Happy New Year neighbours to be ...well hopefully sometime in 2017

Has anyone signed their contracts or got any further than just their solicitor getting the contracts?

Happy New Year 😊 no, nothing signed yet. Our solicitor had sent back a few queries so we are waiting for them to respond before we sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

We are not snagging until sign contracts and still waiting for replies from vendor solicitors on our solicitors queries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Not yet..some clarifications required from the builder. Requested the bank to do the survey.. Has anyone finalised on the snagging?

Does bank do the survey now? My solicitor told that I need to contact the bank only when the property is ready. Am I missing something 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Devassy wrote: »
    Does bank do the survey now? My solicitor told that I need to contact the bank only when the property is ready. Am I missing something 🀔

It's likely they mean the bank's valuation. The survey is always the buyer's responsibility.

Has anyone got the bank survey done or initiated the process? I guess the result of the survey will be a solicitor pack which gets sent to our solicitors.

Has anyone got the bank survey done or initiated the process? I guess the result of the survey will be a solicitor pack which gets sent to our solicitors.

I've had the banks valuation done on the showhouse, once our house is ready they will need to come to revaluate our own house.
    My solicitor has recommended I get a surveyor out to survey the house too before contracts are signed - has anyone done this yet? I've contacted a surveyor but they told me they only do a pre purchase survey on second hand homes.. For new builds they apparently do the snag list survey. Anyone know what the difference is or is there any??

A pre purchase survey is the same as a snag list survey except for any potential issues such as;
    Land registry, potential rights of way, Check boundaries are as they should be, any extensions built or renovations carried out are compliant with planning etc. So IMO all you would need is a snag list survey to be undertaken which will highlight all badly built or works not completed properly to which believe me there are many to be found. There can be anything from 50 to 250 upwards of snags on a new build. I know, that seems hard to believe - but it is true!

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    I've had the banks valuation done on the showhouse, once our house is ready they will need to come to revaluate our own house.
    My solicitor has recommended I get a surveyor out to survey the house too before contracts are signed - has anyone done this yet? I've contacted a surveyor but they told me they only do a pre purchase survey on second hand homes.. For new builds they apparently do the snag list survey. Anyone know what the difference is or is there any??

As far as I know Bank evaluations is just a formal survey of the house, which doesnt check the quality of the build or if heating is working, door properly closing etc. It results in a solicitor pack that gets issued. This is the confirmation from the bank that they are willing to lend the money. The approval in principle is a general approval and not binding on the bank

The snag list is one where the purchaser hires a competent surveyor who will find faults (if any) in construction and workmanship of the house. the list is then submitted to builder to fix the problems before the contract is signed

tradesman wrote: »
    A pre purchase survey is the same as a snag list survey except for any potential issues such as;
    Land registry, potential rights of way, Check boundaries are as they should be, any extensions built or renovations carried out are compliant with planning etc. So IMO all you would need is a snag list survey to be undertaken which will highlight all badly built or works not completed properly to which believe me there are many to be found. There can be anything from 50 to 250 upwards of snags on a new build. I know, that seems hard to believe - but it is true!

Thanks for all the info - explains a lot!

As far as I know Bank evaluations is just a formal survey of the house, which doesnt check the quality of the build or if heating is working, door properly closing etc. It results in a solicitor pack that gets issued. This is the confirmation from the bank that they are willing to lend the money. The approval in principle is a general approval and not binding on the bank

The snag list is one where the purchaser hires a competent surveyor who will find faults (if any) in construction and workmanship of the house. the list is then submitted to builder to fix the problems before the contract is signed

Thanks appreciate your response, all very new to me ðŸ˜

Isn't the snag list to be completed once the building is completed and before handover or is there another snag list to be done before handover

Devassy wrote: »
    Isn't the snag list to be completed once the building is completed and before handover or is there another snag list to be done before handover

The snag list is supposed to be done when the builder has built the house but I have previusly been asked to snag some houses & when I ask are you sure the house is completely finished the client asks the builder & came back with yes it is ready. However, when I get to some properties they are still waiting for the kitchens to be fitted, tradesmen still working in the house etc. I have walked away from some houses simply because they were not ready & my client is not going to get the best service I can provide

• Advertisement

The snag list is supposed to be done when the builder has built the house but I have previusly been asked to snag some houses & when I ask are you sure the house is completely finished the client asks the builder & came back with yes it is ready. However, when I get to some properties they are still waiting for the kitchens to be fitted, tradesmen still working in the house etc. I have walked away from some houses simply because they were not ready & my client is not going to get the best service I can provide

Thank you. These houses are being built and I wouldn't expect them to be completed in the next 6 months. So this is something to be done hopefully in the second half of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Hi neighbours, what are the queries that the solicitors have in relation to the contracts? I don't want to miss anything, as my solicitor hasn't said a thing.
    Also, has anyone been able to change anything so far? like moving wardrobes, or getting a different colour kitchen/bathroom tiles or anything of that matter? (any changes at all, and if so how you went about it)
    There are a couple of small changes I would like to make, but not looking forward to having to deal with the estate agents for them

Janeblue wrote: »
    Hi neighbours, what are the queries that the solicitors have in relation to the contracts? I don't want to miss anything, as my solicitor hasn't said a thing.
    Also, has anyone been able to change anything so far? like moving wardrobes, or getting a different colour kitchen/bathroom tiles or anything of that matter? (any changes at all, and if so how you went about it)
    There are a couple of small changes I would like to make, but not looking forward to having to deal with the estate agents for them

My solicitor is trying to get a clause added so that by the time the house is ready, to get deposit back if there is any change in circumstances and loan rejected.

Same with mine.

I enquired abt parking

About the chnages. I was told any changes, like moving radiators direction of door openings etc will have to be paid for and agreed with the builder. the chnages will be done only after the contract is signed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Hi Everyone,
    We signed the contract before Christmas, still awaiting signed contract back from the builder, has any body got their contract signed and any info on the key hand over date and also does anyone remember the name or contact details of the company who did the interior design in their show houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

We are awaiting to sign our contract. The interior designer was Home Gallery Interiors. :)

Congratulations!
    Can i ask you if anything about parking space was mentioned in your contract?

Thanks Leah32

As per the contract 1 designated car park for each house and 1 first come first basis parking for the guest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Hi All,

I received the below email yesterday from Hooke MacDonald..

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but I'm hoping this is an overestimation :

They said the road before us is June, Ours( Citywest Ave ) is July and road after is Aug!!

_______

In relation to the completion date: we have just received dates. Your house will be completed in July.

Please revert should you need anything further.

Kind regards,

Alicia

Advertisement