Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Leah32 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I received the below email yesterday from Hooke MacDonald..

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but I'm hoping this is an overestimation :

They said the road before us is June, Ours( Citywest Ave ) is July and road after is Aug!!

_______

In relation to the completion date: we have just received dates. Your house will be completed in July.

Please revert should you need anything further.

Kind regards,

Alicia
    I was told today ours would be completed by May so I'm hoping thats worse case scenario. Haven't signed contracts yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Hi Leah, did they mention anything about cuil duin view?
    Thanks..

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    I was told today ours would be completed by May so I'm hoping thats worse case scenario. Haven't signed contracts yet tho.
    which street is yours?
    Thanks

kunju wrote: »
    which street is yours?
    Thanks

We're on cuil duin row

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

We haven't signed as yet either. Your road is prob the first to be ready. I'm hoping its an overestimation. I'm glad I know now and it's not like the contract been told next week etc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

We're on cuil duin row

We're on the east side of cuil duin row to and our completion rate is July. Are you on the west side (closer to the show houses)?

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    We're on the east side of cuil duin row to and our completion rate is July. Are you on the west side (closer to the show houses)?

We're the ones directly behind the showhouses..back to back with them. Here's hoping it is overestimated. Glad though we have a date and hopefully won't be a repeat of the contract delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

Has anyone looked at the Help to buy scheme and what is the process to claim the 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

tintin23 wrote: »
    Has anyone looked at the Help to buy scheme and what is the process to claim the 5%

See our thread here. There's a number of useful posts on the process of starting the application through ROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Do we have to wait until we sign contract or can we start application now?

I've read the forum and I'm still unsure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Leah32 wrote: »
    Do we have to wait until we sign contract or can we start application now?

I've read the forum and I'm still unsure?

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

You need to start the application to confirm your tax status, i.e. fill out form 12 if you're PAYE.

After you've signed the contract, you can then submit the application with all the purchase details.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

I know there was a mention about the parking space before in the thread, is everyone getting one parking space as per contract and agreeing with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Devassy wrote: »
    I know there was a mention about the parking space before in the thread, is everyone getting one parking space as per contract and agreeing with it?

It's not something you can agree or disagree with, it's what comes with your property. Spaces can't be magically made to appear.

athtrasna wrote: »
    It's not something you can agree or disagree with, it's what comes with your property. Spaces can't be magically made to appear.

Really. Never knew that. You don't need magic to create space. They can mention whether it's one visitor parking for 2 houses in the contract. And we can agree or disagree. We could pay for one more space. There are different options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Really. Never knew that. You don't need magic to create space. They can mention whether it's one visitor parking for 2 houses in the contract. And we can agree or disagree. We could pay for one more space. There are different options.

Have a look at the planning permission. Dublin local authorities tend to only require 1.5 spaces per unit of three bedrooms or fewer. That being one per unit and a share in visitor parking.

Maybe your development is different. I had this conversation with my solicitor when contracts arrived and it was a case of "that's what you get, if you don't like it, pull out of the purchase" according to the developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

I've just been told that the management company fees for one year for a house are €620 which I think is a lot - seeing as we don't need block insurance like apartments and don't have that much common areas, but the bins are included in that. Anyone think that is steep or have an idea what other housing estates etc are charging for houses?

I have a flyer saying management fees are expected to be around 420. From what I gathered from house viewings it's usually around 300-400 euro in all of the newer housing estates. 620 seems a bit steep even with the bins. I would imagine this will be coming down as more houses are being built in the development. As members of the management company we will have some influence over this.

robo wrote: »
    I've just been told that the management company fees for one year for a house are €620 which I think is a lot - seeing as we don't need block insurance like apartments and don't have that much common areas, but the bins are included in that. Anyone think that is steep or have an idea what other housing estates etc are charging for houses?
    This is the reply from my solicitor - I am in receipt of draft management company budget. Estimated service charge is €160.00.

We were told €160 for the bins per house and then the remainder is for landscaping and lighting and management company fees which is €460. Double check this with your solicitor but I think the €460 is a bit exorbitant.

Anyone knows if the developer had register with the help to buy scheme yet?

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone,
    Has anybody signed contract and did they return the contract?

kunju wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Has anybody signed contract and did they return the contract?

I signed the contract about 2 weeks ago but still haven't received it back. Solicitor did say it would take a few weeks to get it back.

We signed it last week and no news either

Did anyone got the snagging done? Anything major that was pointed? How long is the builder taking to fix

tintin23 wrote: »
    Did anyone got the snagging done? Anything major that was pointed? How long is the builder taking to fix

I won't be snagging until they are nearer completion.

Any suggestions on the school's out there

Any suggestions on the school's out there
    There are schools near the estate which Im not sure about as I don't know anyone with children attending them. I changed my childs school a few months back to Holy Family National School in Rathcoole and can't recommend them highly enough. Teachers are excellent and for me communication from school /teachers is second to none. Ran very efficiently with modern facilities and fantastic teaching techniques and learning programs available for children.

There are schools near the estate which Im not sure about as I don't know anyone with children attending them. I changed my childs school a few months back to Holy Family National School in Rathcoole and can't recommend them highly enough. Teachers are excellent and for me communication from school /teachers is second to none. Ran very efficiently with modern facilities and fantastic teaching techniques and learning programs available for children.
    I tried there and couldn't get a place. Wanted to know if any one has any feedback on the 4 other schools near by.

Did anyone receive the signed contracts? And know when they are moving in?

• Advertisement

My solicitor received our contracts back today. I'm being told house will be ready by May.

Advertisement