Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    My solicitor received our contracts back today. I'm being told house will be ready by May.

May? That's not too bad. Did your solicitor tell you that or site foreman?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sarahjane226

Hi all - apologies if this post is very long, looking for any help you's have.

Myself and my partner are really interested in Cuil Duin, next phase is launching at the end of this year so we're saving away until then.
    We wanted a 3 bed semi detached, no details of price or anything online though. Cuil Duin way, close, and green will have some 3 bed semi-D.

My question now is, did anyone find the building to take forever? Like I'm wondering the phase that is launching for sale will it launch before they're even half way built? Seems by this thread a lot of yous are waiting a long time.

Did yous put a deposit down a long time ago? And what was the hold fee (was it 5% of deposit for example, with deposit being paid on week keys are handed over?)

We're hoping if we love one of them that launches at Xmas, that we won't be waiting over a year for it to be built and us to move in.

Could yous also tell me which streets you bought on (in phase one?)

The estate agents never answer our emails it's a joke.

Thanks in advance guys! 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

My solicitor received our contracts back today. I'm being told house will be ready by May.

Which row you are in? Is the house built ? May seems too far away...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

tintin23 wrote: »
    Which row you are in? Is the house built ? May seems too far away...

We're the ones directly behind the showhouses. Yes the house is complete apart from works internally. I'm not sure yet if they are planning to allow some move in while works ongoing opposite or whether we will have to wait until both rows of houses are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

We we're told by the estate agents May for us too we're also on Cuil Duin Row.

Has anyone been in contact with the builders about changes to the house yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Just wondering if anyone has a name or number of a builder we can talk to about getting the snag done soon? Obviously if you can PM me the details rather than put them on a public forum, that would be good?

Hi, has anyone made any requests on their house?

We were looking for small changes (like extra plugs & wardrobes moved) but we've now heard back that no alterations will be accommodated? This seems ridiculous I've never heard of a purchaser not being able to request the most basic of requests.

Also did anyone notice they changed the front door it's different to the show house one?

@sarahjane
    The build has definitely taken forever we bought back in June and were originally told we'd be in by that Xmas we've now been told May which will prob mean August.
    When we bought we put a 5k booking deposit and then another 25k when we signed the contracts (we were told contracts would be out in 3weeks but it took 6months).

The estate agents are terrible to deal with. Not returning calls/emails is unfortunately common with them.

Janeblue wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone made any requests on their house?

We were looking for small changes (like extra plugs & wardrobes moved) but we've now heard back that no alterations will be accommodated? This seems ridiculous I've never heard of a purchaser not being able to request the most basic of requests.

Also did anyone notice they changed the front door it's different to the show house one?
    I was told no changes at all whatsoever, all I wanted was sockets to be moved.
    Also usually when tiles are provided you get to choose colour but no with them its not the case. No choice offered with anything.
    Yet I had noticed the door wasn't the same as showhouse so a little concerned of what other changes they decide to make when not willing to accommodate buyers with changes.

Janeblue wrote: »
    @sarahjane
    The build has definitely taken forever we bought back in June and were originally told we'd be in by that Xmas we've now been told May which will prob mean August.
    When we bought we put a 5k booking deposit and then another 25k when we signed the contracts (we were told contracts would be out in 3weeks but it took 6months).

The estate agents are terrible to deal with. Not returning calls/emails is unfortunately common with them.

May is just crazy - thats almost 12 months since the booking deposit. Is your house in the first phase?
    I don't think its building work thats holding all this up, but legal stuff :rolleyes:
    My solicitor is having a hard time getting answers etc!

• Advertisement

I was told no changes at all whatsoever, all I wanted was sockets to be moved.
    Also usually when tiles are provided you get to choose colour but no with them its not the case. No choice offered with anything.
    Yet I had noticed the door wasn't the same as showhouse so a little concerned of what other changes they decide to make when not willing to accommodate buyers with changes.

Any other new developments we went to see, you were given a choice of tiles, kitchen etc. This is an absolute joke!! I've been asking the same question, but they haven't bothered to even get back to me. Serious lack of communication with this lot!! I haven't noticed the door?

L85 wrote: »
    Any other new developments we went to see, you were given a choice of tiles, kitchen etc. This is an absolute joke!! I've been asking the same question, but they haven't bothered to even get back to me. Serious lack of communication with this lot!! I haven't noticed the door?

Complete lack of communication from the offset 😑 The front door in the showhouse has three square glass panels but the door we appear to have has one rectangular glass panel instead. Personally I prefer the door in the showhouse and never a mention of different door so not sure why it's been changed.

Complete lack of communication from the offset 😑 The front door in the showhouse has three square glass panels but the door we appear to have has one rectangular glass panel instead. Personally I prefer the door in the showhouse and never a mention of different door so not sure why it's been changed.

I just looked back at some photos and I see what u mean. The other door on showhouse is much nicer. Wonder how many other little surprises we will come across....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

It's simple - They know they can get away with it so they do. You can always give your deposit back and they will sell it to another person for more. It's either that or bidding wars on second hand properties. I just want them to build the house on time and piss off at this stage so I can get on with my life and don't deal with estate agents and developers for a long long time.

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    It's simple - They know they can get away with it so they do. You can always give your deposit back and they will sell it to another person for more. It's either that or bidding wars on second hand properties. I just want them to build the house on time and piss off at this stage so I can get on with my life and don't deal with estate agents and developers for a long long time.

Contracts r signed so I don't think it would be as simple as that! We all want them to hurry the f up but I don't think they can get away with putting whatever sh*te they want into the houses to save themselves a few bob. After all it was their words "as per showhouse" just have to wait and see I suppose and hope we r all happy with the end result.... whenever that may be!!

L85 wrote: »
    Contracts r signed so I don't think it would be as simple as that! We all want them to hurry the f up but I don't think they can get away with putting whatever sh*te they want into the houses to save themselves a few bob. After all it was their words "as per showhouse" just have to wait and see I suppose and hope we r all happy with the end result.... whenever that may be!!

It may be just a newer model of the same door. At the end of the day, they've been at it forever so they may not even be able to boy the same doors anymore. I don't think the contract guarantees the houses will be exactly like the show house. They always allow for small alterations for the 'common good' of the development. No reason to panic just yet I think. Although, they still haven't finished the roof on mine and it's 'due in July'...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Hi Everyone,
    As we all agree that they are not communicating with us and we still don't know the exact reason for delay, I was just wondering could we get together as a group and approach media or threaten legal action against them, I understand that we all signed the contract and legally they have 12 months to close the deed which is Dec this year or Jan or Feb 2018(depending on when you signed the contract) but that is for normal case, but the situation here is, there was a 6 months delay for issuing contract which is very unusual, even after signing the contract they are not communicating with us or not giving us any information about definite closing date which is very unusual and unacceptable, In a consumer point of view we've every right to know the reason for delay and what are they doing about it and when are they going to resolve this( a definite time frame) but they are withholding this information which is unacceptable, so I think they will only respond if they realise that there is a serious damage for their reputation and some financial loss from their side, we're all expecting closing by May but as they did in the past, they could move this to Aug or even Dec, then we'll be left at a very difficult situation, I think we've a strong case to approach media or to challenge them at court because of their lack of communication from the begining but if we do this individually, it may not be affordable to most us due to the legal cost, so I would like to hear everyone's views

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

robo wrote: »
    May is just crazy - thats almost 12 months since the booking deposit. Is your house in the first phase?
    I don't think its building work thats holding all this up, but legal stuff :rolleyes:
    My solicitor is having a hard time getting answers etc!
    Did your solicitor find anything funky in the contract?

kunju wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    As we all agree that they are not communicating with us and we still don't know the exact reason for delay, I was just wondering could we get together as a group and approach media or threaten legal action against them, I understand that we all signed the contract and legally they have 12 months to close the deed which is Dec this year or Jan or Feb 2018(depending on when you signed the contract) but that is for normal case, but the situation here is, there was a 6 months delay for issuing contract which is very unusual, even after signing the contract they are not communicating with us or not giving us any information about definite closing date which is very unusual and unacceptable, In a consumer point of view we've every right to know the reason for delay and what are they doing about it and when are they going to resolve this( a definite time frame) but they are withholding this information which is unacceptable, so I think they will only respond if they realise that there is a serious damage for their reputation and some financial loss from their side, we're all expecting closing by May but as they did in the past, they could move this to Aug or even Dec, then we'll be left at a very difficult situation, I think we've a strong case to approach media or to challenge them at court because of their lack of communication from the begining but if we do this individually, it may not be affordable to most us due to the legal cost, so I would like to hear everyone's views

May is only 2 months away. I will be surprised if they're ready by then. It's certainly doable, but I doubt this crowd is up to the task. I wouldn't mind putting some pressure on them, but we'd need to understand where we stand legally first. If nothing else, media is also an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Hi all, sorry if this is a stupid question but are you saying that none of you have moved in yet? I rang the EA yesterday and they said that the next phase will be going on sale in the coming weeks.. seems strange if phase 1 havent moved in yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Nobody has moved in yet and they don't tell us why?

Devassy wrote: »
    Did your solicitor find anything funky in the contract?

No nothing mad or crazy - they just want more information on the Management company and on a few items on compliance confirmed.

Hi all,

For anyone else reading and wondering. I rang estate agents as we want to buy in Phase 2.

We registered interest a while back and got an email that phase 2 is to be released late 2017. I called the agent after my friend (who bought in phase 1) said the developer told her boyfriend phase 2 was due in the next few months rather than later.

The agent said:
    Phase 2 is to be released in April/ may she is to email me details. And prices may be reviewed. They're waiting on all info from developers so as soon as I get a update I will write it in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

Has anyone got the snagging done?

I snagged last week & submitted the list also. Haven't heard anything back yet.

robo wrote: »
    I snagged last week & submitted the list also. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Do you mind me asking how complete your house is? Is there much done to the interior yet?

Just found out: Planning permission to change 12 x 3 bed houses into 24 apartments was denied in October. They appealed and as of 3/3/17 appeal was granted and now planning is going ahead....

So yes, apartments now to be built on site of Cuil Duin.

Planning permission ref: SD16A/0297 on sdcc site

Apartments will be built in place of houses on the very top of Cuil Duin green. Look at the site map and it's beside the round about looking plot. Numbers 56-70.

The worst news....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Apartments will be built in place of houses on the very top of Cuil Duin green. Look at the site map and it's beside the round about looking plot. Numbers 56-70.

The worst news....

Why is this the worst news?

Do you mind me asking how complete your house is? Is there much done to the interior yet?

House is done (according to the builder on site :rolleyes:)
    The snag had a lot of cosmetic items.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    Why is this the worst news?

A few people had mentioned it ages back on this thread saying they would prefer it to be a house only estate, and we're happy it was refused. Appeal changes it now x

Advertisement