Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A few people had mentioned it ages back on this thread saying they would prefer it to be a house only estate, and we're happy it was refused. Appeal changes it now x

I can think of plenty of worse news. The vast majority of new developments have a mixture of houses and apartments. It doesn't have to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

A few people had mentioned it ages back on this thread saying they would prefer it to be a house only estate, and we're happy it was refused. Appeal changes it now x

I was under the impression that there would be apartments and as someone who is buying a house, I don't have an issue with apartments. I have an issue with the speed that the legalities is taking as the first lot of houses seem to be finished ages ago! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Is anyone still waiting on the contract to come back from the vendors solicitors? Also has anyone received the floor plans with measurements of rooms? Thanks

Leah32 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on the contract to come back from the vendors solicitors? Also has anyone received the floor plans with measurements of rooms? Thanks

I did my measurements myself - got in during the snag and follow up snag. No issues with that. But solicitor still hasn't had all the answers on the contracts (compliance issues as far as I can make out).
    Still can't get a date on when we can close :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 L85

robo wrote: »
    I did my measurements myself - got in during the snag and follow up snag. No issues with that. But solicitor still hasn't had all the answers on the contracts (compliance issues as far as I can make out).
    Still can't get a date on when we can close :mad:

Our solicitor received contract back 2 weeks ago.
    Can I ask who was it that contacted you about ur house being ready for snagging? We were given a guy's name and email address from Des, but have heard nothing back from him (no surprise there really)

• Advertisement

I've been dealing with Harcourt Development

Yeh difficult to get answers etc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leah32

Thanks for the above info.. We are on Citywest Avenue so not expecting a snag anytime soon, our date is July.. When the show houses are open again, we'll measure them.. Hoping to be signing soon but god knows when that will happen.. Hopefully by the summer were are all moved in and no longer stalking this page for information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Has anyone been inside their house recently (e.g. during snagging)? If yes, how far advanced are the works inside for the houses due in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Does anyone know what is the story with their new phase. When it is going on sale? Is the current development sold out completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sarahjane226

iwantthat wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the story with their new phase. When it is going on sale? Is the current development sold out completely?

Hiya,

Phase 1 sold out last year. Phase 2 to release in a month or 2 apparently. Estate agents said they think April so far

• Advertisement

Hiya,

Phase 1 sold out last year. Phase 2 to release in a month or 2 apparently. Estate agents said they think April so far

Any information about the prices...?

Anyone who's house is built and have snagged - have you been given a closing date or is your solicitor happy with everything? This is very frustrating, just wondering if others who have snagged and finalised everything are any nearer to getting a closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sarahjane226

Any information about the prices...?

Haven't heard yet. I've registered interest and rang this week to enquire about show home dates and they said a email should hopefully be out in 2 weeks with all info

Anyone who's house is built and have snagged - have you been given a closing date or is your solicitor happy with everything? This is very frustrating, just wondering if others who have snagged and finalised everything are any nearer to getting a closing date.

It is very frustrating indeed. My solicitor is not particularly happy about homebond cert missing and management company setup not being complete at this stage. I presume it's the same issue for other units in the development. Has anyone else solicitor picked up on these?

Our solicitor has the Homebond Cert. But they are waiting for the social housing compliance and the details of the management company.
    What's annoying is that all this information is the same for all houses and they seem to be lagging on what should be the normal legal issues for house building and the whole building side of things has been completed for months

Our solicitor has the Homebond Cert. But they are waiting for the social housing compliance and the details of the management company.
    What's annoying is that all this information is the same for all houses and they seem to be lagging on what should be the normal legal issues for house building and the whole building side of things has been completed for months

How do you mean completed for months? It's still a building site - no roads, parking spaces, footpaths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Just got a mail with prices for new phase and show houses open times:

Open Viewings of Showhouses
    Thursday, 30th March, 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm
    Friday, 31st March, 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm
    Saturday & Sunday, 1st & 2nd April, 2.30 pm – 4.00 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

me too, but how they can launch second phase with all these issues they are having with phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What's the prices for the new phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

Ush1 wrote: »
    What's the prices for the new phase?

this is all it says:
    Prices from €295,000 for large 3 bedroom houses (118-129 sq.m / 1,270-1,390 sq.ft) and large 4 bedroom houses (157 sq.m / 1,688 sq.ft) from €420,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

First Phase prices from €280,000 for 3 bedroom houses (118-129 sq.m / 1,270-1,390 sq.ft) and 4 bedroom houses (157 sq.m / 1,688 sq.ft) from €385,000.

Second Phase Prices from €295,000 for large 3 bedroom houses (118-129 sq.m / 1,270-1,390 sq.ft) and large 4 bedroom houses (157 sq.m / 1,688 sq.ft) from €420,000.

Devassy wrote: »
    First Phase prices from €280,000 for 3 bedroom houses (118-129 sq.m / 1,270-1,390 sq.ft) and 4 bedroom houses (157 sq.m / 1,688 sq.ft) from €385,000.

Second Phase Prices from €295,000 for large 3 bedroom houses (118-129 sq.m / 1,270-1,390 sq.ft) and large 4 bedroom houses (157 sq.m / 1,688 sq.ft) from €420,000.

Wow, 35k jump for the 4 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

Ush1 wrote: »
    Wow, 35k jump for the 4 beds.

That's a massive jump just in few months time. Help to buy scheme causing more price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

4 bed is good houses and had massive demand during last phase. so out of 35K increase, 20k is help to buy and 15k would be the actual increase :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

4 bed is good houses and had massive demand during last phase. so out of 35K increase, 20k is help to buy and 15k would be the actual increase :)

Not necessarily. I bought before HTB and my place was 35k more than the equivalent in the previous phase. It's supply and demand.

That's assuming you can avail of the help to buy scheme.

First phase the price was about 300k for 3 bed detach, end of terrace. Does any one know what it is now.
    Assuming it is raised by 25k max. House up there in that region, is it worth so much?

First phase the price was about 300k for 3 bed detach, end of terrace. Does any one know what it is now.
    Assuming it is raised by 25k max. House up there in that region, is it worth so much?

If it wasn't 'worth' so much it wouldn't sell at that price. Plenty of examples of similar houses going for 300+k in vicinity. Check out Carrigmore just across the road, Drury Mills or anything decent in Rathcoole. Is it expensive? A couple on combined income of 80k per annum can afford these. This is approximately two times the average salary in Ireland.

Also, they are 50% bigger than most second hand 3 bed houses built during the last boom, which are usually around 80 sqm and the bedrooms are a joke - you can't actually fit a double bed in some of them.

And area wise, how is it. What is this hype and complain about fortunestown.

I am asking because I am thinking of reserving one. I am after a 3 bedroom end of terrace.

• Advertisement

And area wise, how is it. What is this hype and complain about fortunestown.

I am asking because I am thinking of reserving one. I am after a 3 bedroom end of terrace.

Fortunestown is the closest West Tallaght neighborhood, and West Tallaght has a bad reputation (or even entire Tallaght if you're a snob and willing to brush 70,000 people with the same brush). In my view, you are never too far away from bad element in Dublin and can find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time when least expected. Majority of petty crime is actually committed withing the inner city in Dublin. It's not like you are actually buying in Fortunestown, where you can get a house for 50% of the price. Plus I find it funny when 500 meters down the road is considered good (Saggart) but 500 meters closer to Fortunestown is bad. It's not like scumbags are going to say: "Hold on lads, entering a good neighborhood now, let's turn back." People need to stop obsessing over post codes and spend more time building communities and getting their neighbors to look out for each other.

Advertisement