Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cúil dúin city west.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tintin23

I think its not great till jobstown. West of Jobstown it starts to get good. And this development was advertised as Saggart when launched
    Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Fortunestown is the closest West Tallaght neighborhood, and West Tallaght has a bad reputation (or even entire Tallaght if you're a snob and willing to brush 70,000 people with the same brush). In my view, you are never too far away from bad element in Dublin and can find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time when least expected. Majority of petty crime is actually committed withing the inner city in Dublin. It's not like you are actually buying in Fortunestown, where you can get a house for 50% of the price. Plus I find it funny when 500 meters down the road is considered good (Saggart) but 500 meters closer to Fortunestown is bad. It's not like scumbags are going to say: "Hold on lads, entering a good neighborhood now, let's turn back." People need to stop obsessing over post codes and spend more time building communities and getting their neighbors to look out for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭SteM

Fortunestown is the closest West Tallaght neighborhood, and West Tallaght has a bad reputation (or even entire Tallaght if you're a snob and willing to brush 70,000 people with the same brush). In my view, you are never too far away from bad element in Dublin and can find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time when least expected. Majority of petty crime is actually committed withing the inner city in Dublin. It's not like you are actually buying in Fortunestown, where you can get a house for 50% of the price. Plus I find it funny when 500 meters down the road is considered good (Saggart) but 500 meters closer to Fortunestown is bad. It's not like scumbags are going to say: "Hold on lads, entering a good neighborhood now, let's turn back." People need to stop obsessing over post codes and spend more time building communities and getting their neighbors to look out for each other.

And yet Saggart was where Andy Connors was shot a few years ago and still has a few hard lads around it.

As you said it's all about the community that you build. It takes time for an estate to become 'settled'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭SteM

tintin23 wrote: »
    I think its not great till jobstown. West of Jobstown it starts to get good. And this development was advertised as Saggart when launched

Maybe you should publish a map of red zones and green zones in the area. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Does anybody know when they will start taking deposit for sale in new phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

iwantthat wrote: »
    Does anybody know when they will start taking deposit for sale in new phase.

At the showhouses this week, they will probably take the booking deposits. If like phase one, it will be first come first served basis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

At the viewing tonight Des said that one couple definitely moved in today and that more are moving in this weekend .. we questioned him about the issues from phase 1 but he brushed it off and said its all sorted and wouldnt get into it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Tuhula wrote: »
    At the viewing tonight Des said that one couple definitely moved in today and that more are moving in this weekend .. we questioned him about the issues from phase 1 but he brushed it off and said its all sorted and wouldnt get into it at all

Can that lucky couple please reply so that we can confirm things are happening

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Tuhula wrote: »

Curious. Now I am definitely going there this weekend to look for cars parked in the mud next to the diggers and couples wearing wellies so I can say hello to my future neighbors. ;)

Well finally my solicitor got replies from the vendors solicitors ...so its starting to move. But I am not in yet.
    Can just imagine us walking up & down the road calling people by their Boards.ie name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

We went up yesterday and seen furniture in one of the houses at the end of the show-house street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Coachellapanda

Devassy wrote: »
    Can that lucky couple please reply so that we can confirm things are happening

Hi Devassy - I can confirm that we moved in yesterday. Really happy to be in, but dealing with the H&M and harcourt was extremely difficult. So many issues and so much incompetence, especially over the last few weeks when we were close to completion.

I wish you guys luck dealing with them when the time comes and I hope most of the issues we experienced were just because we were one of the first to complete.

Congratulations!!!!
    Can you share what type of issues you faced?
    We are eagerly awaiting for closing date

Hi Devassy - I can confirm that we moved in yesterday. Really happy to be in, but dealing with the H&M and harcourt was extremely difficult. So many issues and so much incompetence, especially over the last few weeks when we were close to completion.

I wish you guys luck dealing with them when the time comes and I hope most of the issues we experienced were just because we were one of the first to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Coachellapanda

Congratulations!!!!
    Can you share what type of issues you faced?
    We are eagerly awaiting for closing date

Thanks very much! Very happy to finally be in.

It's just an extension of what you guys will probably be aware of with communication issues from all parties.

Our lawyer was pretty damning of his experience trying to deal with harcourt's legal team as well.

But I think it's mostly the attitude that left a bad taste. They failed to keep to our agreed closing date last week, even though guaranteeing they'd be able to work to it and even on the day were still saying it would be fine... before disappearing and becoming uncontactable! it meant we were 'homeless' and had to organise temporary accommodation at a few hours notice. Harcourt didn't seem bothered by this at all and still took a further 8 days to provide the docs to close.

Also, I'm not sure if you're already aware but don't expect the outside electricity point, water taps or the rooms to be wired for surround sound. The developer has decided to drop these from the spec. When we challenged this we were told 'it's a sellers market, the decision is final, deal with it'.

What I will say is the guys we've dealt with on site around snagging etc were first class and really helpful. I know dates for other houses have been pushed back but when we've been there the guys seem to be working long days & there are people working on site most weekends to get the houses finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Hi There,
    Congrats!!so glad to hear that at least 2 people have moved in, you mentioned that the dates for other houses has been pushed back, which houses did you mean and where did you hear this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lilbubbles

Congrats @coachellapanda, I'm sure you're delighted to be finally in.
    I was at the showhouses today and after reading the leaflet with details on phase 2 prices there was a note included saying that the spec in the brochure has been slightly amended. Power point and external tap are no longer standard and that bathrooms now have wall tiling only. I assumed this was for phase 2 only and no mention of wiring for surround sound. This is Disgraceful although can't say I'm surprised!
    @kunju I spoke with H&Mc today and was told strip directly behind showhouses would be ready in May, then June for next row and then last row in phase 1 July. I was just glad to know things are still on track for ours being ready in May but won't be holding my breath either 🙈

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lilbubbles wrote: »
    Congrats @coachellapanda, I'm sure you're delighted to be finally in.
    I was at the showhouses today and after reading the leaflet with details on phase 2 prices there was a note included saying that the spec in the brochure has been slightly amended. Power point and external tap are no longer standard and that bathrooms now have wall tiling only. I assumed this was for phase 2 only and no mention of wiring for surround sound. This is Disgraceful although can't say I'm surprised!
    @kunju I spoke with H&Mc today and was told strip directly behind showhouses would be ready in May, then June for next row and then last row in phase 1 July. I was just glad to know things are still on track for ours being ready in May but won't be holding my breath either 🙈
    Do you know if the CAT6 internal wiring is still part of the spec? I was down there earlier but didn't bother taking the new leaflet.
    Also put a deposit down on one of the 3 bed-end houses during the week. :) Phase 2 seems to be mostly sold out by now, some of the 2 beds were still remaining earlier

Nick

There isn't a mention of the internal wiring on this leaflet so you would think it will be still included in spec however the person who has moved in to phase one recently have confirmed that they were told this is no longer included. Have they said when phase 2 will be completed?

Are there individual bins or there is a common area for bins?
    Lilbubbles wrote: »
    There isn't a mention of the internal wiring on this leaflet so you would think it will be still included in spec however the person who has moved in to phase one recently have confirmed that they were told this is no longer included. Have they said when phase 2 will be completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Janeblue

Has anyone got the Help to buy scheme sorted yet?
    We bought last year but due to delays, our contracts where only issued in Jan. We signed and paid the deposit thinking that we will get the H2B back as a tax refund.

Now we are being told that the 15k would go directly to the developer. This means we will end up with a 45k deposit,
    This is going to leave us very stuck with regards to furniture etc..
    Anyone else similar or with any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Devassy

Thats ridiculous. How would it work if we are only supposed to pay 40k to the builder and bank supposed to pay the balance. Is the builder going to be paid 30k deposit plus 15k H2B
    Janeblue wrote: »
    We bought last year but due to delays, our contracts where only issued in Jan. We signed and paid the deposit thinking that we will get the H2B back as a tax refund.

Now we are being told that the 15k would go directly to the developer. This means we will end up with a 45k deposit,

• Advertisement

Janeblue wrote: »

If you paid the full deposit in December but contracts were only signed in January that it's a bad timing issue. As far as I understand the money will go to the developer in this case. You have to arrange with the developer to transfer it to back to you. I presume you have the balance cover by a mortgage so your solicitor should be able to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kunju

Hi Everyone,
    I heard from the agent that the management fee for this year is €768.00, are you all aware of this?

kunju wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I heard from the agent that the management fee for this year is €768.00, are you all aware of this?

Not yet, the only thing that I have seen is a calculation stipulating it will be between €100 - €200, however this was based on the estimated costs divided up by 200+ houses. I think there are 96 units being built in phase 1, so somewhere in the region of €300 - €400 would be more in line with that estimate. It's going to be the usual new development nonsense for the next 3 years with screaming matches of 'I am not paying because you're not doing things' and 'We are not doing things because you are not paying'.

The way i know how this is going to work out is - your solicitor will release the drawdown amount from the bank minus the HTB grant to builder. Your solicitor will then transfer you the HTB amount to your account. You may then return it to the bank and reduce your mortgage or use the money to furnish the house! I amy be incorrect but this is the most likely workaround as far as i am aware
    If you paid the full deposit in December but contracts were only signed in January that it's a bad timing issue. As far as I understand the money will go to the developer in this case. You have to arrange with the developer to transfer it to back to you. I presume you have the balance cover by a mortgage so your solicitor should be able to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hermbob

I noticed the service charge estimates for phase 2 now range from €780 to €966 (up from €427 to €597). Its a bit worrying if they continue to increase at that pace in the space of a few months. Got that from the phase 2 price lists last weekend.

Hermbob wrote: »
    I noticed the service charge estimates for phase 2 now range from €780 to €966 (up from €427 to €597). Its a bit worrying if they continue to increase at that pace in the space of a few months. Got that from the phase 2 price lists last weekend.

It's not 'they' really. We will all be the members of the management company and will have influence over the costs going forward. It's a matter of getting everyone to pay their fees and than shopping around for best deals on common grounds insurance, upkeep and refuse collection. The charges may be higher initially but should come down once all the units are built.

The common grounds are not even Built yet so there should be no costs. At this stage only costs should be for common lights, refuse and general upkeep of the completed areas. Does the common grounds require insurance? Was not aware of that
    It's not 'they' really. We will all be the members of the management company and will have influence over the costs going forward. It's a matter of getting everyone to pay their fees and than shopping around for best deals on common grounds insurance, upkeep and refuse collection. The charges may be higher initially but should come down once all the units are built.

The common grounds are not even Built yet so there should be no costs. At this stage only costs should be for common lights, refuse and general upkeep of the completed areas. Does the common grounds require insurance? Was not aware of that

I'd say the majority of costs are for the setting up of the Management Company and legal costs etc and yes AFAIK the insurance costs for the common areas would be included in this too. Gotta say I wasn't impressed with the Management fee either but as said above, once the owners take over the company, then we can have more of a say in it.

Citywest village are quoting management fees of 119 or 190 i didnt hear properly but that excluded bin charges. The entrance to the estate is impressive
    robo wrote: »
    I'd say the majority of costs are for the setting up of the Management Company and legal costs etc and yes AFAIK the insurance costs for the common areas would be included in this too. Gotta say I wasn't impressed with the Management fee either but as said above, once the owners take over the company, then we can have more of a say in it.

• Advertisement

Is anyone any closer to getting info on closing dates?

Advertisement