Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaper/Labourer - Cork City

Options
  • 19-06-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys, new to boards.ie!! 😊 My parents have a house that requires a huge amount of work, the back garden in particular. It is a large long old fashioned garden that has completely overgrown. My father is retired and has said that he wouldnt be able for the task of clearing it out. Would anybody be able to suggest/recommend someone or a company that does this sort of thing? Many thanks, E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Have no contact details for the guys I knew in Cork city but Colaiste Stiofain Naofa on the Tramore Rd runs a horticultural course. You could see if any of the students there would be willing to do the work. They'd be cheaper than a legitimate landscaper but maybe not as knowledgeable? The hort. lecturers there might have contact details for any local lads/lasses and could recommend which ones seem more competent.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭howareyoudoin'

Are we allowed to recommend specific people & companes on here?...not sure & don't want to get banned. I have a small / standard-sized back garden for a 3 bed semi-d & got my back garden completely done last year by someone from Ballnhassig. She wasn't cheap, but she did a fabulous job with minimal fuss or involvement from me (I travel a lot for work & know nothing about gardening, but knew what I didn't like & how I wanted to be able to use my garden). Her husband is a builder & did a lot of the labour with her. They were great, couldn't recommend them highly enough....if I'm allowed that is! Let me check the rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭howareyoudoin'

Can't see anything stopping me...Ann Daly Garden Design...she has a Facebook page...really dedicated, loves gardening, uses a lot of indigenous Irish plants, very easy going, very plain-spoken...you get what she says on the tin. Also provides a follow up maintenance service & loads of supporting advice. I'm forever sending her photos of things that I think are dying / I've killed / aren't thriving / are infested with pests, & she's great to send back advice on how to deal with it. She's made me much more willing to buy a plant, dig a hole & shove it in. As I say, couldn't recommend her high enough,

Advertisement