Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does my bill have two readings?

Options
  • 19-06-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hi there, please can someone help me understand my first bill in my new home. I will attach a screenshot. There are two readings and the bottom one reflects the correct usage. I have no idea what the top one is for.

reading when we moved in 25262
    reading now 26433

So we have used 1171 units of electricity which is correct but then there is another charge for 298 units. Where does that come from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi armabelle,

Thanks for your post.
    armabelle wrote:
    please can someone help me understand my first bill in my new home. I will attach a screenshot.

In the attached screenshot, the 'a' next to a reading indicates it was an actual reading, whereas the 'p' indicates a reading calculated at the time of a price change. This would be the reason for the additional reading.

Can you send us the following details by private message please? We would need to look at the account in full to provide you with further information.
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your full name as it appears on your account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

Thank you for your response. The point is that the bill has an incorrect amount of units used. We used 1171 units and the rate at which we pay for those units may have changed but the usage remains the same. The bill indicates an additional 298 units used. Where do those units come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi armabelle,
    armabelle wrote:
    The point is that the bill has an incorrect amount of units used. We used 1171 units and the rate at which we pay for those units may have changed but the usage remains the same. The bill indicates an additional 298 units used. Where do those units come from?

I can appreciate that the usage as stated on this particular bill isn't clear, which is why we would need to have a look at your account first to provide any further information and see why the figures are showing as they are.

If you could send us the details as outlined above we will be happy to investigate this further for you.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement