Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Activities for a small stag group

• 19-06-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly, if I shouldn't have posted this here then apologies - I thought this would be the best forum for my question but mods feel free to move.

My stag is coming up in a couple of weeks time and I have been pulling my hair out trying to organize something to do because the group is small. There are only 8 of us (going to Westport) so things like paintball, zorb football etc etc. are all out because they're much better fun in bigger groups. Some of the stag companies actually said they wouldn't take such a small group. I really don't want to spend the day in the pub and most of the lads going don't either so I'd really like to organize something for the mid afternoon.

Just looking for some suggestions or ideas if anyone has some? It would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Try the foot golf down in Westport. Great way to spend a few hours with a smallish group.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

My brother rented a boat and went out fishing for the day with the small stag group he had then they had dinner and went to the pub. I thought it was a nice break from the usual madness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I take it you are maybe in your 30s? Stag parties in your 30s are very different affairs to ones in your 20s!

Could you charter a boat and go fishing?

Or go surfing with these guys:

http://www.destinationwestport.com/portfolio-item/the-adventure-islands/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Thanks for the quick replies & suggestions lads. Some more info that might be helpful. Ages are all around the 30 mark, and most of us are into sport of some sort. We all enjoy a few beers and that, but just not all day style boozing.

I don't know if fishing would be something the lads would be interested in but I'll suggest it all the same. Would be nice if the weather was good. The foot golf looks good I'll definitely make inquiries about that, but I think surfing is the lead runner here that would be great I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Surfing is great run.

There is a company that will pick you up and bring you back to westport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Climb the Reek and think on your sins :D:D

.....or cycle the Greenway, or part of it (if the weather plays ball and everyone in the group enjoys a spin).

Whiskey tasting at Westport Whiskey shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

rent bikes and cycle the Greenway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I dont know if Mescan brewery do tours but it might be worth dropping them a line ? (West Mayo Brewery are close by too I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Clay pigeon shooting is great craic.

Advertisement