Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will fiber be laid

Options
  • 19-06-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

Hi

I know that eir have online maps that show planned fiber rollouts and expected exchange upgrade days.

My local exchange is due to be upgraded within 6 weeks (for the past few months)

But when will the actual fiber be run out ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi mikeecho, Thanks for getting in touch. I can appreciate your frustration with this & I do apologise for the delay. I'm afraid[/font] the dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary. I can assure you once the service is available on your line you will be notified. Apologies I am unable to offer you further information on this at the moment. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Thanks for replying.

I'm not a bit frustrated, I've come to the realisation that B/Band roll out is a slow and tedious process in this country.

In my location, all of the cables run above ground along telegraph poles.

I was just hoping that there would be details available for actual fiber roll out.

But I understand that this info is not available.

Thanks
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

No problem. Apologies again I was unable to offer further information at this time. Stacey

Advertisement