Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Training

Options
  • 19-06-2016 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Perhaps the wrong forum, but anyway.

I want to get trained up as a basic network tech and I was looking at this course

http://www.tnseurope.co.uk/course/certified-network-installer-training-course

anyone dealt with these or done something similar with a good career outcome?

I'm fed up sitting in an office doing remote network trouble shooting for poor pay,
    I wanna get hands on with the physical network instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The good pay is there for the guy who plans the deployment, the lads who actually do it are just monkeys at the coalface. You won't wanna be working in floor/roof cavities long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ED E wrote: »
    The good pay is there for the guy who plans the deployment, the lads who actually do it are just monkeys at the coalface. You won't wanna be working in floor/roof cavities long term.

Couple of guys on old grandfathered contracts doing laying or fixing but for the most part its a low wage manual labor job. A fair number of company's here just use electricians to lay their networking cabling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

excollier wrote: »
    I'm fed up sitting in an office doing remote network trouble shooting for poor pay,
    I wanna get hands on with the physical network instead.

Just a FYI, I do remote network troubleshooting at the enterprise level and nobody I work with gets paid badly. Skill up and job up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Just a FYI, I do remote network troubleshooting at the enterprise level and nobody I work with gets paid badly. Skill up and job up.

Well I guess I'm fed up sitting at a computer for 13 hours at a time for low pay. That's the price of living in Donegal where jobs are scarce.
    This is why I want something more physically active too.
    Sitting is tough.

Advertisement