Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query about health insurance claim for consultant fees

• 19-06-2016 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi,
    tried doing a search for this query but nothing came up. Basically it's now time for me to claim consultant fees on my health insurance after a difficult year. My policy states the following regarding consultant fees:
    First visit fully covered, 50% cover for subsequent visits

Thing is i've been to see about 5 different consultants over the past year. It's been an expensive year due to a chronic pain condition. Does this mean i can claim the first visit in full to all these consultants or does it only apply to first visit of the claim year?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

bada_bing wrote: »
    Hi,
    tried doing a search for this query but nothing came up. Basically it's now time for me to claim consultant fees on my health insurance after a difficult year. My policy states the following regarding consultant fees:
    First visit fully covered, 50% cover for subsequent visits

Thing is i've been to see about 5 different consultants over the past year. It's been an expensive year due to a chronic pain condition. Does this mean i can claim the first visit in full to all these consultants or does it only apply to first visit of the claim year?

Thanks

It means that the first visit of the year is fully covered an all subsequent visits are covered at 50%, it doesn't matter if it's one consultant or 10, you'll only get one visit in total per annum fully covered. Hope that clears it up for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would contact you health insurance company. Give them you name and policy number and let them confirm what you can claim from them.

If you are paying tax fill out a med 2 form from revenue also once you get the refund from you health insurany company.
    The med 2 form allows to claim back 20% of costs not coverd by your health insurance policy. I know that consultant visits can be expensive.

I would also look into changing your policy as some policies have a €1 excess on day to day cover and can cover 50% or 75% of all consultants and doctors visits.
    You will have to wait a period of time before claiming these.
    I would look up the hia.ie website for more information on policies with better day to day cover and about the waiting period of before you can claim on these.

Advertisement