Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

after a link to watch as out of the country, if somebidy could PM it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Me too please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why are Dundalk wearing their away strip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus Christ, that's another red card challenge missed. Twice in two games now!

Paul Shiels really not on the same level technically as the other Dundalk players in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

justshane wrote: »
    Me too please

If your stuck its on YouTube ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Terrible from Mountney. Two lads in the box to square it to..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Oat23 wrote: »
    Terrible from Mountney. Two lads in the box to square it to..

Very greedy going for glory

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Brilliant Horgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great play to get the cross in and great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quality by Horgan, great header too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Owen Heary is the anti Keith Andrews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see Dundalk take the lead. Won't be too long till their star striker comes on. Interesting second half ahead.

Good first half by Dundalk but BATE were happy to do what they did last year and see out a 0-0 draw. It'll be a different beast coming at Dundalk in the second half so they need to be ready for it.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why are Dundalk wearing their away strip?

Jersey sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Great play by Damien Duff Daryl Horgan and superb header :D Still so much to do but it's definitely there for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

SantryRed wrote: »
    Good first half by Dundalk but BATE were happy to do what they did last year and see out a 0-0 draw. It'll be a different beast coming at Dundalk in the second half so they need to be ready for it.

+1

But it's bloody exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

45 minutes now for Dundalk to work their balls off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Excellent cross by Daryl Horgan, would be such a massive achievement if they won tonight but I can't see them holding out unfortunately.

Is it known who they could possibly draw in the CL/EL if they win/lose?

Excellent cross by Daryl Horgan, would be such a massive achievement if they won tonight but I can't see them holding out unfortunately.

Is it known who they could possibly draw in the CL/EL if they win/lose?

Draw is on Friday I think.

Borisov pushing numbers forward. Either they score or Dundalk catch them on the break but i don't think we'll be seeing extra time.

• Advertisement

Two frees in a row there that the referee should have let advantage go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Fair play to Dundalk hope they get through and spend their money doing up their home dump -embarassing for the country they have to play in Dublin.

Well done anyway.

**** yeah.

Hahahaha. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

yahoooooooooooo

well done another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Everyone knows their clubs have no hope of competing with Dundalk anytime soon right? I mean I support Shels so I've nothing to worry about but some of you should be bricking it right here.

THat's 11 goals in 6 games for David McMillan....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Great stuff but bate are awful at the back 2 balls in the box all game 2 goals.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Everyone knows their clubs have no hope of competing with Dundalk anytime soon right? I mean I support Shels so I've nothing to worry about but some of you should be bricking it right here.

cork city are after beating them twice this season

Dundalk need to keep going here. Don't sit back. There's a third here for them.

Is it going to make much difference to be honest? Even if they go out here and go out in the 2nd round for the next 5 years they are still making a fortune. Enough, with Kenny as manager, to dominate the league IMO.

cork city are after beating them twice this season

Yeah try and do it again if they throw a couple of million extra in the bank. It's all well and good to support other clubs in the league but your own club is most likely screwed if they go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

How much do they stand to make?

Is it going to make much difference to be honest? Even if they go out here and go out in the 2nd round for the next 5 years they are still making a fortune. Enough, with Kenny as manager, to dominate the league IMO.

A couple of million would make a pretty big difference in LOI terms yeah. Not saying they're getting caught this next season or next anyway, but qualify here and you could be looking at a Rosenborg........:.or a Rovers. But Dundalk seem better run.

• Advertisement

Theres one club who have the biggest crowds ,best stadium and are a one team city -they will be dominating for years to come.

Theres one club who have the biggest crowds ,best stadium and are a one team city -they will be dominating for years to come.

If Dundalk make the group stages of either competition you have no hope.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Isn't there someone on here who still maintains that McMillan is sh!t?

Yeah try and do it again if they throw a couple of million extra in the bank. It's all well and good to support other clubs in the league but your own club is most likely screwed if they go through.

really bate have spent millions and dundalk are winning here

Can confirm from his time with us he's sh*t..

On the wing.

Well done Baraclough.

• Advertisement

really bate have spent millions and dundalk are winning here

Oh right, well then you're pretty much guaranteed to win it. My bad.

You seem awfully bitter.

Bate body language is pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

He wasnt particularly good with us in 2011. Tried hard but his finishing could be all over the place although he did score a cracker against UCD in Richmond. I always thought he was decent enough and would liked to have kept him on but then Fagan came in 2012 and we were grand without him.

SantryRed wrote: »
    You seem awfully bitter.

Nice wum

In all fairness, from 2011-2013 you'd be hard pushed to find someone who thought he'd lead the line for the champions of Ireland at any point in his career.

For those wondering how much they can earn.
    Before kicking a ball, Dundalk earned €300,000 for participating in the second round of Champions League qualifying.

Winning that guaranteed them another 630,000.

Victory tonight, however, ensures they will receive €4.2 million more. At worst. They will receive €3 million for turning up in the Champions League qualifier round and should they lose that (though no one is in the mood to hypothesis on failure) they will get another €1.2 million for participation in the Europa League group phase.

Victory in the playoff and their resultant (and historic) participation in the Champions League group stage will see them get €10 million more.

To put all this into context, they earned € 110,000 for winning the 2015 League of Ireland title.

via balls.ie

For those wondering how much they can earn.

via balls.ie

Yup, all good well wishing and all, and I don't like to be bitter, but if you support anyone else this would be a disaster for your club.

God that was such a huge chance for McEleney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great performance from Dundalk but for a team who are regularly in the champions league group stages BATE are incredibly poor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement