Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Comments

mansize wrote: »
    Does there be many fights?? Just not my thing, two young lads beating lumps out of each other while the mob encourages them. I went to watch soccer.

I have been to games here and in England. If you left a game here because "two little scobes started fighting"...don't go to a game in England. I have even sat in what is considered the library that is the Emirates and witnessed fellows pucking each other. It's just...football.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Does there be many fights?? Just not my thing, two young lads beating lumps out of each other while the mob encourages them. I went to watch soccer.

I reckon I've seen about 7 fights at loi games, I'm going to those games over the last 25 odd years.

I've been to about 20 games in England and I've seen about 5 fights and a full scale riot.

Basically , you can see 2 scrotes fighting outside Tesco, doesn't mean you should stop shopping there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I realised I've only been to one LOI match. Galway Und at Terryland Park.

Two little scobes started fighting and a crowd gathered round them so I just left.

You've probably seen worse after nights out but I bet that hasn't stopped you from venturing to the local though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

That_Guy wrote: »
    You've probably seen worse after nights out but I bet that hasn't stopped you from venturing to the local though.

Don't go out much.

It was just first impressions and all that... if the crowd hadn't gathered, fair enough, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth, I mean the match was ongoing...

Anyway, go Dundalk!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I reckon I've seen about 7 fights at loi games, I'm going to those games over the last 25 odd years.

I've been to about 20 games in England and I've seen about 5 fights and a full scale riot.

Basically , you can see 2 scrotes fighting outside Tesco, doesn't mean you should stop shopping there.

If Two scrotes were fighting at tesco, the first time I went, I don't think I'd shop there. I just avoid that kind of stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If Two scrotes were fighting at tesco, the first time I went, I don't think I'd shop there. I just avoid that kind of stuff.

We all avoid that kind of stuff. But it can happen anywhere, unless you are going to live your life like a hermit.

We all avoid that kind of stuff. But it can happen anywhere, unless you are going to live your life like a hermit.

Boards poster/hermit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are RTE showing the draw tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Unlike RTE to jump on a bandwagon like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd say RTE are doing Novena's for a Dundalk v Celtic draw.

TV3 have the rights to one of the matches it seems. Celtic would be the dream draw from a TV execs pov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Surely Dundalk should have waited til the draw was made to decide on the Aviva?

I mean, if they get APOEL how many are going to turn up to the Aviva? Tallaght would be the better option in that case imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I realised I've only been to one LOI match. Galway Und at Terryland Park.

Two little scobes started fighting and a crowd gathered round them so I just left.

Cool story, bro.
    They would in their fúck. They would pocket the money themselves !!

Even if it went towards the FAI's debt, better than giving Dundalk a free pass on renting Lansdowne.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Surely Dundalk should have waited til the draw was made to decide on the Aviva?

I mean, if they get APOEL how many are going to turn up to the Aviva? Tallaght would be the better option in that case imho.

Media reports say they can't get Tallaght ready in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Genk just much better on the ball. Needed two up front from the start, Maguire too small to be on his own when chasing a game. Ref way too lenient re time-wasting. How many frees did Genk give away without bookings? Must have been up to 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

First half was pretty horrible from Cork, second was better but far too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Cork had a great run in fairness. Genk were very good especially first half, if their finishing was better would have been more. Knocking out Linfield and Hacken is great and can only bode well in future. They got 6 games in Europe good experience.

Hopefully Dundalk get a good draw for the Qualifier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I can't wait to see how much crap UEFA manage to fit into drawing 20 teams out of a hat...

These draws are the most mundane things going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

marno21 wrote: »
    Unlike RTE to jump on a bandwagon like this.

They have to now since they are showing the Champions League the contract starts at the play off stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Id like to get Plzen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Any link for the draw? can't seem to find it on the Player

major bill wrote: »
    Any link for the draw? can't seem to find it on the Player

On RTE News Now from 11

So its after 11 and I can't see ****

Dragging the s*** out of it already!

:D

So according to the Saorview EPG, program is on for 10 minutes. 6 minutes in, and not a single ball drawn yet.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So according to the Saorview EPG, program is on for 10 minutes. 6 minutes in, and not a single ball drawn yet.

Still talking about the technicalities of the draw

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Have you never seen a draw ?
    It's always like that :)

NOT Celtic!

Celtic v Hapoel. Thank ****

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Have you never seen a draw ?
    It's always like that :)

Seen plenty. Just as long as RTE News does cut out mid draw.

No Celtic for Dundalk

Legia Warsaw.

Dundalk v Legia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Legia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That's a fantastic draw. BATE would be better than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Tough draw, not the toughest though.

Legia,

Good draw, the best alternative to Celtic for Away fans and not a bad tie in the footballing sense, big ask but not impossible.

Home in the first leg?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Home in the first leg?

In Dublin ? Doubtful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Probably the best draw Dundalk could have hoped for. Just dont have all your defenders get injured in the 2nd leg like we did in 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Legia is a tough draw. Was hoping for APOEL

Hopefully the FAI keep sales to the lower tiers of Lansdowne Rd now. Still would have preferred Tallaghtfornia though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Possibly 60/40 Dundalk Legia fans in the first leg? Not good in that regard.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Legia is a tough draw. Was hoping for APOEL
    Either ain't too bad. APOEL have a great record but are a bit like BATE in their set-up it seems to me. Ryanair flights going up now. :pac:

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    Possibly 60/40 Dundalk Legia fans in the first leg? Not good in that regard.
    How many Legia fans do you think would show? How would the tickets be sold to them actually? Can the FAI sell "away" tickets without going through the away club?

How many Legia fans do you think would show? How would the tickets be sold to them actually? Can the FAI sell "away" tickets without going through the away club?

I can see them try and get as much money out of this as possible and sell to whoever wants to get one.

1pm for the full fixture details to be released. Assume this is when we find out exact dates for home and away legs.

Ticketmaster doesn't really discriminate...

Some of the 100k + Poles living in Ireland might be interested in seeing the game regardless of club affiliation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement