Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

conroym7 wrote: »
    Delighted about the ticket prices, hopefully gets a few more on the crowd.

Fair dues and it is going to make a lot of difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

kfallon wrote: »
    I've never forgiven them for the whole Jeff McNamara signing and then beating us (Waterford Utd) in the Relegation/Promotion playoff in 1997 :P But I think I'll go along to this, it's the one night where Irish fans should put club allegiances aside and get behind Dundalk. Fair play to them also for the reasonably priced tickets.

Same as, very fair prices so would be a shame not to support them. It'd be great craic if they got into the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

got tickets for a tenner :) Just hope they're not in the away section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Got cat1 tickets, for 30 quid its nothing. Will be interesting to see how many go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

stephenl15 wrote: »

Nice one

Did anyone try print the tickets? I get the following when i try:

Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:

Your event has already taken place – please check your order details.
    We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance

Thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Nice one

Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:

We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance

Yeah I have that too. Gonna wait it out for the moment, start panicking next tuesday/wednesday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

stephenl15 wrote: »

You won't be able to buy away end tickets on ticketmaster.

SantryRed wrote: »
    You won't be able to buy away end tickets on ticketmaster.

Thanks:) Was thinking that but wasn't sure since they were only €10 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

What's the difference between the 10e and 15e tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

5e ha, I think the 10e tickets are located down in the corner under the giant screen.

Would an away fan be allowed sit in with the homes? A few of us might be traveling up from Limerick and one is a Legia fan and just wondering would he get away with sitting in with us or would he have to buy a ticket for the away section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The €10 are in the corners, I got €15 tickets and they're halfway between the corner and the halfway line.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Nalz wrote: »
    Nice one

Yep getting the same thing, hopefully they sort it out soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'd assume that there will be plenty of Legia fans in among the general crowd. I'm going with my neighbour who's a Legia fan and as far as I know we're in with the "home" fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wexford Youths are running a free bus to the Aviva, presume it's paid for by the FAI but no idea really. Any other clubs doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

y7Z0L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

10 euro seems very cheap, think they should have gone 15 or 20, don't think that would have driven many people away from buying. Milk this for all its worth etc

CSF wrote: »
    10 euro seems very cheap, think they should have gone 15 or 20, don't think that would have driven many people away from buying. Milk this for all its worth etc

I put up on the lads whatsapp group if anyones interested in going, didn't get any response so I put it's only a tenner can't go wrong now there's a group of us going :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

CSF wrote: »

Dundalk have already earned almost €7m from their European run so I think they are more interested in having a huge Irish support at the CL play off rather than milking it. If they get through against Legia it is worth a minimum €12m so massive support in the Aviva to cheer them on to that goal is their priority.

Very interesting article here on Dundalks success and the importance of outsiders making breakthroughs:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2656653-forget-the-romance-europes-outsiders-deserve-a-crack-at-the-champions-league

Anyone been able to get premium tier tickets from the ticketmaster website yet?

• Advertisement

Wexford Youths are running a free bus to the Aviva, presume it's paid for by the FAI but no idea really. Any other clubs doing this?

Limerick supporters club are but they had a message up that some sponsor is sponsoring each club by paying for a free bus including tickets.

Limerick supporters club are but they had a message up that some sponsor is sponsoring each club by paying for a free bus including tickets.

Including match tickets? Janey mac, we'd want to give them a bit more exposure than this!

Including match tickets? Janey mac, we'd want to give them a bit more exposure than this!
    Dundalk vs Legia Warsaw at Aviva 17/08/16
    A brand that sponsors the Champions League are hoping to sponsor a coach and match tickets for the above match for each LOI Club.
    This is not guaranteed . However if anybody interested please text me on 0879396179
    First come first served. Hoping to get 52 seater if not 24 seater coach and tickets. No guarantees.

That's what it says but does say this is not guaranteed but the way it's worded seems that neither bus or tickets might not be guaranteed but if Youths are running a bus it might be the tickets not 100% guaranteed.

I got a text tonight from a friend who is a Dundalk fan, he was told at the Bray game this evening that over 12,000 tickets were sold today the first day of sales, looks like this game is going to be a sell out and a great occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't know if it will sell out but I couldn't get a lower tier ticket earlier, unless buried in the corner. Went for upper tier instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

SantryRed wrote: »
    I don't know if it will sell out but I couldn't get a lower tier ticket earlier, unless buried in the corner. Went for upper tier instead.

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I got a text tonight from a friend who is a Dundalk fan, he was told at the Bray game this evening that over 12,000 tickets were sold today the first day of sales, looks like this game is going to be a sell out and a great occasion.

Not a hope! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats pretty embarrassing on your clubs behalf tbh. Not have better use for funds no?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But why are they spending money supporting a club which isn't their own?

gimmick wrote: »
    But why are they spending money supporting a club which isn't their own?

We aren't paying for a cent of it, just have to organise it with our usual bus supplier :rolleyes:

Thats pretty embarrassing on your clubs behalf tbh. Not have better use for funds no?

I think its a nice gesture. As a Dundalk fan I would appreciate every voice, every bum on seat and every wellwisher. When its over we can get back to the rivalries as usual.

Anyone heard anything about when the premium tier go on general sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The Club are doing everything they can to promote LOI in this Gah obsessed county. Fair play for getting involved in supporting our league champions in Europe. From what I've heard, the cost is being borne by a regular benefactor. If we can get kids and newbies excited by watching Dundalk in the Aviva, perhaps they might come along in a few weeks to see how their local team fare against them

Your negativity, just for the sake of it, is embarrassing

• Advertisement

Just booked our tickets and the best available were in the East Upper stand block 504 to the right of the two centre blocks which are already sold out, nothing available now in the lower deck which is great to see. Interesting article about BATE all is not so good there.

http://backpagefootball.com/big-trouble-in-little-belarus-for-bate/110560/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Apparently 25,000 tickets sold so far for Dundalk v Legia. Obviously it's a huge novelty, but it also shows the power that the FAI have when it comes to marketing. Imagine what could be achieved if they helped with a synchronised, league-wide campaign for the opening weekends of the season. Everyone has high hopes at that stage, so it'd be a huge boost for the clubs. You'd think sell out crowds would be achievable for the likes of Cork City, Dundalk, the two Rovers and Limerick.

who said we are going out ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

cork u19 and dundalk u19 could be eligible to play in the UEFA youth league depending on results.

Cork City’s and Dundalk’s Under 19 teams could soon be the first Irish teams to mix it with the very best young talent in Europe in the UEFA Youth League.

The two SSE Airtricity Under 19 league sides face a nervous wait to see if they will feature in Europe's elite Under 19 league, the first time any Irish side has qualified for the competition.

For Dundalk, the equation is quite simple. If Stephen Kenny's side can progress to the UEFA Champions League group stage by beating Legia Warsaw in the play-off, the Lilywhites' Under 19 side will automatically qualify for the UEFA Youth League.

Dundalk's Under 19 manager Martin Connolly has admitted there is a huge amount of excitement at the possibility of qualifying for the competition.

Connolly said: "I told the team a couple of weeks ago that this could be a possibility. They couldn't believe it. They were star-struck with the idea.

"Luckily, they're in a rich vein of form as they're top of the league and that helps their confidence. It's a great league which has always been competitive and it keeps getting better and better.

"The Under 17s league has helped as we get to work with players longer and we'll reap the rewards in the years to come.

"But, if ourselves and Cork City were able to qualify for the UEFA Youth League, it would be a great boost for the entire set-up.”

The Rebel Army also has a great chance of making the competition for the first time after winning the SSE Airtricity Under 19 league title last season.

If any two of Celtic, APOEL, Dundalk’s opponents Legia Warsaw, Manchester City and Ajax progress through their play-off ties, Cork will be handed a place in the UEFA Youth League.

Cork City's Under 19s manager Steven Bermingham believes qualifying for the UEFA Youth League would be huge for the SSE Airtricity Under 19 league.

Bermingham said: "There is a real buzz about the club at the moment. It hasn't been confirmed yet and it is dependent on results in the Champions League so we'll see after that.

"It would be a huge thing for the players and a huge thing for the club. But more importantly, the whole league would benefit as it gives our youth players the chance to play against the best players from Europe.

"The Under 19 league is a top-class league and it will give the league to showcase themselves on the European stage which would be great for the country.

"We've got a number of players consistently training and playing with the first-team but to be able to add European experience to their career at a young age can only be good for the development of players in the country."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Apparently 25,000 tickets sold so far for Dundalk v Legia. Obviously it's a huge novelty, but it also shows the power that the FAI have when it comes to marketing. Imagine what could be achieved if they helped with a synchronised, league-wide campaign for the opening weekends of the season. Everyone has high hopes at that stage, so it'd be a huge boost for the clubs. You'd think sell out crowds would be achievable for the likes of Cork City, Dundalk, the two Rovers and Limerick.

Not sure what credit the FAI can take in all this tbh, anyone i know that follows sport was talking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Not sure what credit the FAI can take in all this tbh, anyone i know that follows sport was talking about it

Surely the FAI created an atmosphere where people want to go to a Champions League game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's the FAI so any credit going will be taken, they will probably take credit for the silver in rowing too.

Great to hear that 25,000 tickets have already been sold, I am still holding out hope that this match will be a complete sell out. Imagine 51,700 at a UEFA Champions League game in Dublin to support an Irish club trying to make the Group stages. It would be some sight, some occasion and just what Dundalk need to inspire them to the heights they reached against BATE Borisov.

Handful of bottom tier tickets for sale on ticketmaster right now, haven't seen many of them available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I don't think this will sell out but I think they will go close. Loads of lads I know are going, and they haven't even thought about buying tickets yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just got two tickets myself there. I'm a season ticket holder at Bohs and my mate would go to maybe two games a season and has no allegiance yet he's the one suggesting we go to this. It's captured the imagination.

Already looks like a great decision to put it in the Aviva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

The Polish will come in strength for this one. All the Polish living in Ireland will want to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hard to believe the Bate game didn't even sell out in Tallaght which only holds 6000.

• Advertisement
Advertisement