Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

callaway92 wrote: »
    Topic of conversation here. What division would Dundalk be capable of doing well in in England?

Think they would be a good league 1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Based on their performances recently is tend to agree but at the same time their top scorer 2 years in a row, Hoban, went over to league 2 in England and couldn't cut it at all, he even struggled in the conference when he went on loan. Though I suppose anyone could just get in a run of bad form etc and just lose the confidence that made him a success in the LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ShamoBuc wrote: »

I would've said League 2 at best, but perhaps I'm underestimating them really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Debil

Just about to post this. Well short of the number above, but still a good crowd.

Hopefully the fans are not spread out all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Well short of the expected number of tickets to be sold. I wonder if they done that to add hype, by making it look like it could sell out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Seem em unloading cardboard cut outs earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

RTE have the game on the their TV listings web page - I presumed that only Eir were covering the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If only 24k have been sold, why on earth is there no lower tier tickets for sale? It makes absolutely no sense unless Dundalk took all the lower tier to sell from Oriel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

eamonpk wrote: »
    RTE have the game on the their TV listings web page - I presumed that only Eir were covering the game

RTE and TV3s coverage of the champions league starts at the playoff round. RTE will show it this week and TV3 will have it next week.

• Advertisement

RTE and TV3s coverage of the champions league starts at the playoff round. RTE will show it this week and TV3 will have it next week.

Eir are also covering it as their package includes BT, which has the UK rights. So you can watch it on there too if you want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

How reliable is Paul O'Hehir's figure, necessarily?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Eir are also covering it as their package includes BT, which has the UK rights. So you can watch it on there too if you want!

I know, I'll be watching it myself on Eir as the coverage they've done so far on Dundalk games and other loi games has been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Anywhere to get tickets the day of the game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Surely there will be tickets available on the gate. I'd be surprised if there is only 24,000 sold so far, surely they would pack out the lower tier before selling seats in row Z? I would be confident that the entire lower tiers will sell out if not sold out already.

Where would be the best place before or after to grab a pint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Surely there will be tickets available on the gate. I'd be surprised if there is only 24,000 sold so far, surely they would pack out the lower tier before selling seats in row Z?

They have been selling it block by block. Just from following the various sections going up for sale on Ticketmaster, they appear to have gone through all of the East and almost all of the South Stand, with the last to go on sale being the Upper West stand. Have only seen a small handful of tickets in any lower tier blocks go on sale, and they were picked up quick enough.

Surely there will be tickets available on the gate. I'd be surprised if there is only 24,000 sold so far, surely they would pack out the lower tier before selling seats in row Z? I would be confident that the entire lower tiers will sell out if not sold out already.

Where would be the best place before or after to grab a pint?

Depends where you're coming from. If coming from town, Slatterys is probably best as it's on the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ticket up in the nose bleeds. Reloaded best seats several times, ticketmaster only offering in the upper teir of the NW Corner. Come on The Lillywhites! Chophouse my recommendation for pre match pints.

Sligo Rovers Fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times already, but can I purchase tickets on the day of the Dundalk match and if so, where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

BOHtox wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked 100 times already, but can I purchase tickets on the day of the Dundalk match and if so, where?

http://www.dundalkfc.com/ticket-information/

Best to keep an eye on the Dundalk Twitter account

BOHtox wrote: »

Ticketmaster or maybe Oriel Park are the only places selling them I think, don't think you'd be able to walk up and pay at the gate but not 100% sure.

There's no way they won't have a ticketmaster van there. Well unless it's sold out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I saw a statement somewhere saying tickets would be insane there. I know in the past for an FAI cup final, I got it in the Elverly's.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Will Lansdowne Rd Station be open does anyone know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Will Lansdowne Rd Station be open does anyone know?

Yeh there's 2 trains direct from Dundalk to Lansdowne Road on way up and on way back you got to get the Dart back into Connolly from Lansdowne Road station

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I saw a statement somewhere saying tickets would be insane there. I know in the past for an FAI cup final, I got it in the Elverly's.

Insane? Better get mine before I go so :pac:

Yeh there's 2 trains direct from Dundalk to Lansdowne Road on way up and on way back you got to get the Dart back into Connolly from Lansdowne Road station

It will be to Connolly or towards it that I will be heading for. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I know they can't guarantee anything - but looks to be far from a full house - but seams very confusing whether can buy at gate (or on site Ticketmaster van ) - want to go , but won't know till afternoon - but am totally confused whether I will be able to buy a ticket at game (if I can go :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

thebaz wrote: »
    I know they can't guarantee anything - but looks to be far from a full house - but seams very confusing whether can buy at gate (or on site Ticketmaster van ) - want to go , but won't know till afternoon - but am totally confused whether I will be able to buy a ticket at game (if I can go :confused::confused::confused:

there are 2 vans tomorrow from 2
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/ticket-information/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The whole thing just doesn't seem very accommodating. They should be making it as easy as possible for neutrals to attend, not casting doubts over availability. A bit of promotion wouldn't have gone astray either. Not point the finger at Dundalk either btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

whats the easiest way to get from red cow to Aviva,, the Luas to Connolly then the Dart?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

wadacrack wrote: »
    whats the easiest way to get from red cow to Aviva,, the Luas to Connolly then the Dart?
    Can get the Luas to Abbey St, walk to Tara St station (5 min walk) and the DART to Lansdowne Road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

I am looking to buy a ticket from Ticketmaster.ie - can I print it at home or do I have to collect it from a van at the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

eamonpk wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a ticket from Ticketmaster.ie - can I print it at home or do I have to collect it from a van at the Aviva
    I printed mine at home last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/765838569650913280

Ticket sales now at the 28,000 mark! Tickets still on sale via Ticketmaster. Ticket vans outside venue also open from 2pm. #GreenArmyNeeded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is RTE showing the game tonight?

If so why do they keep advertising the dead rubber of a Gah game at the weekend?

Going to the game myself can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

qwabercd wrote: »
    The whole thing just doesn't seem very accommodating. They should be making it as easy as possible for neutrals to attend, not casting doubts over availability. A bit of promotion wouldn't have gone astray either. Not point the finger at Dundalk either btw.

Who else would you point the finger at for not promoting the game? Surely it's in dundalks interest to promote it and get as many people as possible to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

howiya wrote: »
    Who else would you point the finger at for not promoting the game? Surely it's in dundalks interest to promote it and get as many people as possible to it

I wouldn't expect Dundalk and their board to have much idea how to cost effectively promote a 'national' occasion properly. Their people would be used to low ball stuff like posters in Dundalk chippers and ads in the local freesheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Guys I have two tickets in Section 106 Row BB if anyone is interested. I got four, but my brother and his gf pulled out on me .

Ticket situation's been a joke. Got **** tickets last week, now there's some pitchside showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BBC have done a piece on the tie. Dundalk are the lowest ranked team to ever make the play-off of the CL apparently.

I wouldn't expect Dundalk and their board to have much idea how to cost effectively promote a 'national' occasion properly. Their people would be used to low ball stuff like posters in Dundalk chippers and ads in the local freesheets.

Dundalk are a business. Marketing is a basic part of running a business.

At times I feel people have far too low expectations of how clubs should be running themselves

At times I feel people have far too low expectations of how clubs should be running themselves
    What more should they have done exactly? They've done a programme which is going viral, they're tweeting constantly, local businesses have been getting on board.

What more should they have done exactly? They've done a programme which is going viral, they're tweeting constantly, local businesses have been getting on board.

It wasn't me that said they haven't promoted it. Instead I responded to the person who said there was no promotion but at the same time wouldn't blame Dundalk.

I do think they could have done better though. Free advertising will only get you so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

What channel is this on??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

RTE2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Legia TFT

RTE 2 and BT Sports 3 are showing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

It wasn't me that said they haven't promoted it. Instead I responded to the person who said there was no promotion but at the same time wouldn't blame Dundalk.

I do think they could have done better though. Free advertising will only get you so far

Hasn't all been free, iv noticed sponsored facebook ads. The cost of a facebook campaign v ads on national tv/radio is rather different I would imagine.

Advertisement