Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland in Europe 2016

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Name one person who said or thinks Dundalk could finish top of the Eredivisie? What has been said is we could do well in that league. Judging on our performances the past 2 years, There's no reason to think why we wouldn't.

Either way we will never know.

No back to talking about how lucky Dundalk were to get a point even though you never seen the game!
    Someone did say that Dundalk could finish well up the table in the Eredivise. I think inforfun was telling them not to get carried away. I didn't see him being in any way disrespectful to Dundalk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Someone did say that Dundalk could finish well up the table in the Eredivise. I think inforfun was telling them not to get carried away. I didn't see him being in any way disrespectful to Dundalk.

He started talking about how we were lucky to get a point etc, but he never even seen the game. That's the issue I had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Lads,lads,lads. Dundalk wouldn't be let play in the Eredivisie, Lego Park wouldn't come within an asses roar of meeting the ground requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doesnt necesarily have to be an issue, the ground.
    Excelsiors stadium isnt bigger than 3500/4000 and former boards favourites, Go Ahead Eagles stadium is "old fashioned"
    But 1 thing the eredivisie doesnt need is another team on an artificial pitch :D

inforfun wrote: »
    Doesnt necesarily have to be an issue, the ground.
    Excelsiors stadium isnt bigger than 3500/4000 and former boards favourites, Go Ahead Eagles stadium is "old fashioned"
    But 1 thing the eredivisie doesnt need is another team on an artificial pitch :D

I don't think there's any comparison between either of those and Oriel.

Admittedly I've only Googled both of those just now but Excelsiors stadiums looks like a lovely little all seater ground, the kind of stadium Dundalk should be aspiring to have.

Go ahead eagles stadium has a 10,500 capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Just googled it too, excelsior's ground is much better than Oriel. Dundalk not spending a cent on Oriel until the lease is sorted. As for the match in Alkmaar: Dundalk were lucky with the disallowed goal; bad goal to concede, but these things happen, have conceded a far worse goal since; ref seemed to be confused between McEleney and O'Donnell, so yep, O'Donnell who was having a great match was unlucky. ( ref probably got confused because O'Donnell was everywhere on the night). AZ should have been able to put the match to bed, but even against 10 men, and 9 minutes extra time they never really looked like getting a winner. In the first half Dundalk were better than AZ. Might well have ended 0 - 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

think they charge the irfu for leinster using it the odd time.....couldnt see Rovers getting that money ...mores the pity

damemcd wrote: »
    think they charge the irfu for leinster using it the odd time.....couldnt see Rovers getting that money ...mores the pity

:), probably have a set rate then. Rovers would probably see €€€. Expect that FAI would provide stewards and charge Dundalk accordingly. Afaik all the euro cash has to go through the FAI first.

Tickets on sale online at the moment. €2.95 surcharge (it was 2.50 at Oriel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

All the good seats look to be gone. Only block Q available online. I'll give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

howiya wrote: »
    All the good seats look to be gone. Only block Q available online. I'll give it a miss

what's a "good seat" ? it's tallaght stadium there are no "good seats" 2 nearly identical stands with equally standard seats from block a to block z :rolleyes:

joeysoap wrote: »
    :), probably have a set rate then. Rovers would probably see €€€. Expect that FAI would provide stewards and charge Dundalk accordingly. Afaik all the euro cash has to go through the FAI first.

Shamrock are tenants in Tallaght Stadium. Why would they get any money?
    It's a bit like renting a house off your landlord. He rents out another room in the house and you expect him to give you a portion of the rent.

To put it mildly it rained at the Bate match. More like a monsoon, the East stand stayed dry, everybody in the West stand had to go the back of the stand to get out of the rain. Hopefully it will rain again on Thursday, don't think it rains much in Tel Aviv.

Tried Ticketmaster , no problem getting West stand (Block I, row u, seat 7)

You have to ignore best possible as request west stand ( I didn't need the ticket so it will be back in the drum in a few mins)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

To put it mildly it rained at the Bate match. More like a monsoon, the East stand stayed dry, everybody in the West stand had to go the back of the stand to get out of the rain. Hopefully it will rain again on Thursday, don't think it rains much in Tel Aviv.

Tried Ticketmaster , no problem getting West stand (Block I, row u, seat 7)

You have to ignore best possible as request west stand ( I didn't need the ticket so it will be back in the drum in a few mins)

Seats and Sections will not matter, well not in West Stand anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

DermoMIO wrote: »

what's a "good seat" ? it's tallaght stadium there are no "good seats" 2 nearly identical stands with equally standard seats from block a to block z :rolleyes:
    A good seat would be somewhere on the half way line. When did they build blocks R to Z? Are they new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

If Dundalk play like they did tonight against Derry City, who really put it up to them, then Maccabi Tel Aviv are in for one hell of game next Thursday night

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True, I thought they were excellent. They played at a pace and energy that no loi team would be able to handle, despite Derry doing well, they were well and truly beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, I thought they were excellent. They played at a pace and energy that no loi team would be able to handle, despite Derry doing well, they were well and truly beaten.

Cork will be no pushovers when it comes to the league decider.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Irish_rat wrote: »

People are building it up to be a lge decider, a lot of points to be won before that happens.

But Cork are the second best team in the league and are well capable of beating Dundalk, as we have done a few times this year. But if Dundalk play like that v cork they will win.

Irish_rat wrote: »

Cork showed in Europe beating Hacken from Sweden and really putting it up to Genk that they can play at a high tempo, Dundalk V Cork City in Oriel should be some game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Cork showed in Europe beating Hacken from Sweden and really putting it up to Genk that they can play at a high tempo, Dundalk V Cork City in Oriel should be some game
    Really putting it up to Genk. Cork did well in Belgium but Genk were in total control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just found out, as i couldnt find him when i want to bet on him scoring for Malmo, that Maccabi got Kjartansson in.
    As it comes to goal scoring, they did replace Zahavi accurately then.

Maccabi look strong. 17 league and 17 cup winners in Israel. Jordi Cruyff manages. Dundalk will do well to get a draw, and that won't be easy.

Don't know if it's permitted to link to articles posted on extra time.

This a good article on Maccabi

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/17632/so-who-are-maccabi-tel-aviv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Don't know if it's permitted to link to articles posted on extra time.

why wouldn't it be :confused:

Maccabi look strong. 17 league and 17 cup winners in Israel. Jordi Cruyff manages. Dundalk will do well to get a draw, and that won't be easy.
    Dundalk's 11 leagues and 10 cups look terrible next to that. :pac:

I got those figures from Soccerway , club website says a lot more.

https://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/the-club/about-the-club/trophies/

Early birds

https://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/2016/09/maccabi-lands-in-dublin/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The game doesn't look to be sold out from Ticketmaster anyway, will head down to it if I can get out of work early enough. Would you lads say there's a good chance of being able to get a ticket at the ground?

Dunno, got my ticket sorted this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Nailz wrote: »
    The game doesn't look to be sold out from Ticketmaster anyway, will head down to it if I can get out of work early enough. Would you lads say there's a good chance of being able to get a ticket at the ground?

According to Dan McDonnell, there will be a "few hundred" tickets available for sale at Tallaght on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Dundalk's 11 leagues and 10 cups look terrible next to that. :pac:

Maccabi team = 473 international caps

Dundalk team = 0 international caps

http://www.dundalkfc.com/ticket-update-maccabi-tel-aviv/

Still some tickets available for tomorrow nights game, slightly surprising considering the superb performances of Dundalk in Europe this year and the fact that the capacity is limited to 5,500 for tomorrow nights game.
    Hopefully another strong performance from the Lilywhites, rally looking forward to the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

City's under 19s got a 0-0 draw away to HJK Helsinki last night. First appearance by an Irish side in the Uefa Youth League. If they win in the home tie they could face APOEL or Roma.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/cork-city-impress-during-irelands-debut-in-uefa-youth-league-756918.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Its on Eir Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Plenty of empty seats, good thing they didn't have it in the Aviva.

What a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Must be a little bit disappointing for Dundalk as a club that they can't play in their own home town and that their second option means that they are not even playing in a top class stadium.

They should have been given the AVIVA for free and loads of free tickets given out to turn their games into a big occasion for the domestic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Great start for Dundalk.

Patww79 wrote: »

BT Sport ESPN have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Horgan should be in the Ireland squad.

Maccabi having all the possession, but Dundalk trying to counter.

I can't wait for Daryl Horgan to be called up to the Ireland squad.

These fellas are absolutely here for the taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Impressive opening 20 minutes for Dundalk.

Dundalk play a very high tempo game here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Need to score while they're on top. Looking very good going forward at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Not convinced it was a pen myself

That_Guy wrote: »
    I can't wait for Daryl Horgan to be called up to the Ireland squad.

Martin O Neill is there at the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement