Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pegida Rally in Limerick - Permission to start thread #2?

• 19-06-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Mods,

Is there any chance we could have a go at a second thread about the Pegida rally in Limerick? I missed the first one :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

Just some background info on Lutz Bachmann. He is a serial criminal, having convictions for sixteen burglaries, drink driving, dealing cocaine and assault. He also fled a prison sentence to South Africa and was deported back to Germany to serve time. So his conviction for inciting racial hatred is far from the first line on his significant criminal record.

He was actually forced to tender his resignation because a photo emerged of him posing as Hitler in 2015:
    https://www.rt.com/news/224863-hitler-photo-pegida-leader/

To portray him as 'misunderstood' is nonsense. I think judging from his criminal record it is fair to say that he is a thug. That is the calibre of person the racists over at Identity Ireland have invited to our city.

As for Identity Ireland themselves, to claim they are misunderstood is equally nonsensical. They regularly use openly racist language on their twitter page, and seem to get a particular kick out of calling all refugees 'rapefugees'.
    http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/candidate-defends-use-of-word-rapefugee/1811707/

In a country with negligible immigration like Ireland, any party that puts immigration forward as the primary issue for our problems should be and thankfully is, a laughing stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6ovASzZGI

Opponents of Pegida Ireland themselves couldn't have come up with a better way to showcase their ignorance and idiocy than the first two minutes of this video. The rubbish that they spout here really gave me a chuckle. Neither have a clue what Wahhabism is when asked and the apparent spokesperson can't even pronounce Shariah law.

It reminds of the scene in American History X when the black man Ed Norton works in the laundry room with does an impression of someone in the KKK:

"Today, we gon' hate some n-ers. I don't even know what a n-er is, but we gon' hate them anyway".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

While I don't support pegida, boards attitude to free speech is disgusting. You can say anything you like if you love the idea of oppression by islam, and you love trannies, and if you oppose heterosexual white male equality. But if you attempt to see the other side of the coin, thread closed, banned for a week etc etc. The islamic disease is a real issue in the world. Not particularly in ireland, but in the world as a whole. It needs to be discussed and it needs to be addressed.

The Islamic disease? Elaborate please.

Double points for rhyming btw.

• Advertisement

genericguy wrote: »
    While I don't support pegida, boards attitude to free speech is disgusting. You can say anything you like if you love the idea of oppression by islam, and you love trannies, and if you oppose heterosexual white male equality. But if you attempt to see the other side of the coin, thread closed, banned for a week etc etc. The islamic disease is a real issue in the world. Not particularly in ireland, but in the world as a whole. It needs to be discussed and it needs to be addressed.

Also, who opposes heterosexual white male equality? You sound absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Sweden was once a safe county to live in. They opened their arms to refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan, Somali and other lovely muslim countries in the 80's and 90's. They now have the second highest rapes in the world, 55 no go zone areas throughout the country and very high crime rates. Isn't it great Ireland are heading in the same direction.

Sweden was once a safe county to live in. They opened their arms to refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan, Somali and other lovely muslim countries in the 80's and 90's. They now have the second highest rapes in the world, 55 no go zone areas throughout the country and very high crime rates. Isn't it great Ireland are heading in the same direction.

Sweden is a safe country to live in. The incarceration rate is half of the EU average, meaning the crime rate is in fact very low. The incarceration rate has continued to decline over the last decade.

Ireland's incarceration rate is about 33% higher, to give you some perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Of all the publications, the Express is the one I would pay least attention to when it comes to sensationalist articles about immigration. Closely followed by the Daily Mail, who are interestingly backing a Remain vote in Thursday's referendum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

I noticed some racist graffiti this weekend down by the Milk Market - "No Paki" scrawled in large black letters.

We don't need, nor do we want Pegida or their ilk in Limerick or indeed Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

wigsa100 wrote: »
    Of all the publications, the Express is the one I would pay least attention to when it comes to sensationalist articles about immigration. Closely followed by the Daily Mail, who are interestingly backing a Remain vote in Thursday's referendum.

Daily Mail is Brexit
    Mail on Sunday is Remain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Let them come, and let them have their say. Just don't take any notice of them.

mansize wrote: »
    Daily Mail is Brexit
    Mail on Sunday is Remain

My mistake.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

*Mod Note* No there isn't a chance. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement