Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After changing sink, water pump won't kick back in

Options
  • 19-06-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all,

I changed the sink, and had turned the water feed off in the hotpress to the bathrooms (4 valves closed)

I've opened the 4 valves again but the pump won't activate anymore, so the water pressure is bad.

Is there something extra to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Could have sent some trapped dirt to the pump when you opened the valves fully. On the pump inlets there are gauze covered fittings. Turn off the water again and clear out the gauze. You've got this far so it's simple enough to do!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It is more than likely an air lock so you will have to loosen some of the joints in the piping to "encourage" water flow. Other than loosening joints you could try back filling by connecting a water feed to the tap outlet and forcing water back along the pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

JandS wrote: »
    Hi all,

I changed the sink, and had turned the water feed off in the hotpress to the bathrooms (4 valves closed)

I've opened the 4 valves again but the pump won't activate anymore, so the water pressure is bad.

Is there something extra to do?

Thanks

Did you get it sorted and what was the problem?
    Your cure may help others :)

Advertisement