Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS and batteries

Options
  • 19-06-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi folks

by any chance would anyone know if UPS would ship a li-ion battery to the UK from Ireland? its just an mp3 player but an post won't let me ship it so exploring other options and was gonna schedule a collection with UPS but checking this before hand..

Any help appreciated :)
    Steve
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Someone posted before about sending an iphone, not sure what courier they used but it was 80 euro to send. Do you really have to send it?

I know of people who send stuff as presents and it costs a fortune and people can end up with customs charges on the other end, when it can be cheaper to have stuff ordered from their country and delivered within. but I am guessing this might be a warranty thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

rubadub wrote: »
    Someone posted before about sending an iphone, not sure what courier they used but it was 80 euro to send. Do you really have to send it?

Yup I do :) I'll pop down to the post office in the morning anyway and see what they say,I know they the standard post can't be used but will ask about the International Courier service which is run between them and DHL I think...Should only be 50eur with them according to the online calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm getting a phone delivered from the UK by ups tomorrow. It has cleared customs so should be OK. It's sent by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UPS will be the strictest as they lost a plane due to Li-ions in 2010. An post just say no for sending but accept them just fine as they have no liability in that direction. Any courier service should take them once properly declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Maybe try Parcel Motel or parcel Connect, they don't restrict sending batteries, also it will be cheaper than UPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Just a follow up an this..Took my parcel to a DHL depot this morning..Sent it no bother and will be with the recipient tomorrow,cost 47euros..

Thanks to the folks who offered me advice!

Advertisement