Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for 12 girls

Options
  • 19-06-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I'm looking for suggestions for accommodation for 12 girls heading to Galway for a 21st....Cheap and cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

When are ye going? Would make a big difference in price and availability of its during arts fest/ races etc

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Something like Jury's Inn or Travelodge by Bohermore RB I'd say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Perhaps corrib village, two bus taxis will get you back and forth from town..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

An Oige Youth Hostel ; book an entire dorm - or two.
    You did say cheap n cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

An Oige Youth Hostel ; book an entire dorm - or two.
    You did say cheap n cheerful.

Isn't one in Galway. But there are plenty of regular hostels. see www.hostelworld.com

Contact hostels directly to book, and expect to pay a behaviour bond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Can't help but notice that the OP has username hamsterboy so I don't think they are one of the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

When we go to Galway we stay in Sleepzone. It's just of Eyre Square so pretty central. It's cheap and cheerful, and most rooms are en suite. The bonus is that there are also bathrooms outside of the rooms so two can shower at once.

The last time I was there we had a room with 8 beds (4 bunks) but I think they have other size dorms too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Barnacles have a 12 bed dorm and are in a great location, probably need a fair bit notice to book the entire dorm but they do provide breakfast free and various other nice offerings like a free walking tour of Galway and free wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

sullivlo wrote: »
    When we go to Galway we stay in Sleepzone.

Yes, that's the An Oige hostel I was thinking of in Galway. Details here

You don't have to be an An Oige member. In fact, I think they have an offer at the moment: stay in a hostel and get free membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Kinlay Hostel on the corner of Eyre Square is also very good

http://www.kinlaygalway.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Kinlay Hostel on the corner of Eyre Square is also very good

http://www.kinlaygalway.ie/

totally agree, great location, ive sent many groups there when i worked in tour guiding, never heard anything but satisfaction

have you stayed there jenn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

totally agree, great location, ive sent many groups there when i worked in tour guiding, never heard anything but satisfaction

have you stayed there jenn?

Yes have stayed there. It's been a while but was very happy with my stay plus it's a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Snoozles has let us run amuck in it a fair few times and was cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Yes have stayed there. It's been a while but was very happy with my stay plus it's a great location.

for sure handy to crawl back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cheers for all the replies guys... Yeah they looked at hostels but decided to maybe get a 7 and a 5 sleeper in Corrib Village.... Probably handiest plus I'm only down the road I'd something happens

Advertisement