Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 Group A, France v Switzerland & Romania v Albania, 8PM

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

callaway92 wrote: »
    I can't get over the passion of their fans. Win, lose or draw they f'ing love it. They're the best fans in the world in my eyes.

Are they any good at changing tyres though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Don't like to have remind you.
    We aren't good, not by any stretch, but we're certainly not one of the worst teams in the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Romania were a bit rubbish alright. Delighted fer Albania, well deserved it.

It's an interesting tournament, but not amazing. Hope it picks up a bit over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

We aren't good, not by any stretch, but we're certainly not one of the worst teams in the tournament.

I'd say while we're certainly not THE worst, we are one of the worst. The fact we're probably going to finish bottom of the group confirms this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Standard of analysis on Irish TV is at appalling levels. Hunt making the point Swiss player didnt deserve a penalty because someone else didnt get one. And forget the rules he wouldnt have got the ball. Emma Byrne earlier hoping Chile play at the next Euros.

At least when Dunphy goes on one its funny, this is tragic

Did she actually say that?

WTF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

DeadHand wrote: »
    I'd say while we're certainly not THE worst, we are one of the worst. The fact we're probably going to finish bottom of the group confirms this.

We were good against Sweden but the performance against Belgium was one of the worst by anyone in the tournament, certainly worse than any of Romania's performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,206 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did she actually say that?

WTF!!!

Well Australia are now in the Eurovision so you never know. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

All over. Albania finish with 3 points and third place. A deserved win.

Not sure if it will be enough for them as they might curse the game with the Swiss where Cana was sent off.

Yes, Albania deserved to win. France v Switzerland, the third very poor game in a week. Germany v Poland showed us the same. Both France and Germany of course did not even have to play as they will be in the last 16 anyway and will likely be in the shakeup to win this out. But last night's game with Portugal v Austria was the worst of these 3 poor games. There was no excuse here to sit back and not play. Austria deserved to win that game. Ronaldo was appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

DeadHand wrote: »

Ireland has always got a tough group. Going on last night's abysmal Portugal v Austria game, I am sure Ireland would have done ok in that group. Portugal and Ronaldo were once one of the very best and have disappointed this time round. Them or Czech Republic should have won 2004. But today's Portugal side were a shadow of their former self. Saturday night's game was the worst in a long time (I can forgive Germany's and France's equally poor nil nil draws because they had done their work and have to relax to be ok for the next more important games).

Since we are in a group with Italy and Belgium says it all and Sweden have at least 2 top class players means they are also above average. Last time around, Spain and Italy were in our group and they ended up in the final. I wouldn't be too hard on Ireland for that reason. We would do better in some of the other groups as said. We could easily have beaten Portugal or Romania imo.

Advertisement