Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Kilkenny for Rod Stewart concert

Options
  • 19-06-2016 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

probably will be the first of many questions relating to parking for the upcoming concert. My mom and i are coming to Kilkenny for the concert next saturday. We will be down early (9am-ish) and will want to park somewhere for the day.

What would be our options? We have no problem walking a bit of a distance to and from the concert. It would be best if the parking isnt too expensive. We want to spend the whole day in the (lovely) city then head to the concert.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Parchment wrote: »
    Hi all,

probably will be the first of many questions relating to parking for the upcoming concert. My mom and i are coming to Kilkenny for the concert next saturday. We will be down early (9am-ish) and will want to park somewhere for the day.

What would be our options? We have no problem walking a bit of a distance to and from the concert. It would be best if the parking isnt too expensive. We want to spend the whole day in the (lovely) city then head to the concert.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

You can park in dunnes stores car park in the city centre.A short walk to the concert.The barriers come up at 7pm so no charge there if you are leaving the same night.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Johns Green Car Park. It is a county council run car park - only €2 for the day. 3 / 4 minute walk to Nowlan Park.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/John's+Green,+Highhays,+Kilkenny/@52.6551973,-7.2512977,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x485d3a0ad918f8a1:0x261e5ab9d7157084!8m2!3d52.6551941!4d-7.2469203

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

stratowide wrote: »
    You can park in dunnes stores car park in the city centre.A short walk to the concert.The barriers come up at 7pm so no charge there if you are leaving the same night.

They only put up one barrier though so don't get caught out!

Advertisement