Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of mushroom is this?

Options
  • 19-06-2016 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

A week ago I put some rolled turf in my garden, and I have just noticed that there are mushrooms growing in it :eek:

I have cats, and I was preparing the garden to be cat proof and to let them out, but I am worried now about this mushrooms and if they could be dangerous.

How can I get rid of them? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

I noticed same mushrooms growing in my garden this saturday, never had any before i wonder if it was too wet in short time last week with the rain and they were hibernating for long time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

akesha wrote: »
    A week ago I put some rolled turf in my garden, and I have just noticed that there are mushrooms growing in it :eek:

I have cats, and I was preparing the garden to be cat proof and to let them out, but I am worried now about this mushrooms and if they could be dangerous.

How can I get rid of them? :confused:

wow, thats actually a great pic, really bright and sharp, what did you photograph it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

Thanks RebelButtMunch. I have cut them all, and I suppose I will have to use a fungicide, because I read it is toxic, and I don´t want my cats to eat them.

Sgt Pepper 64, it is very funny! hahaha I used my phone camera (Moto G 3rd Gen) and I didn't think about it, just made a shot in a second. My husband loves the photo as well and he put it as wallpaper in his laptop :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭blackbox

I've never heard of cats being poisoned by or even eating mushrooms. I'd say the fungicide is more likely to be harmful to them.

(I'm not claiming to have veterinary expertise!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement