Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans for men

• 19-06-2016 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I can never find jeans that fit my legs properly. I'm 5'10 and my jeans are 32W 30L. My jeans are always baggy around the knee and it really annoys me. I just want to find a jear of jeans that fit perfectly. I wear straight cut jeans. My main brand are Levi 501.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Take them to a tailor? Best money I ever spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Straight leg jeans are the same width (or very nearly the same) all the way down so they will never fit close to your knee an still be wearable at the thigh.
    Maybe look at a tapered pair, something that goes from a wider leg on top to a slimmer leg at the bottom.
    Or slim fitting jeans which fit closer to the leg overall might be a good fit for you.

Your best bet is to go into a store and try on the different fits of the same brand and find one that fits you the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Go into the Levi's store on Grafton Street, if you're in the area. They'll all the styles there and can help you try a few different pairs. I found the 513 to be a little slimmer and a good fit.

Similarly, Genius have all the Diesel jeans but Diesel have gotten very expensive - 180 plus for a pair. However, if they are perfect jeans it's worth the money as they'll last you a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

I'm 5ft 10 and 30/32 size jeans......501's will always look baggy on me, have not worn them since the 90's, your problem is that you are sticking with 501's and expecting to be tight around the knee's, they won't be.

If you really like Levi's (and I think they are great quality for the price) then there are plenty of fit's. I have 522 and 520's which are slim and tapered, I got them in the store on Grafton Street. Make sure you try on the jeans as Levi's waist sizes can change drastically with each fit and even with colour in the same design number.

As others have said you need to look at tapered jeans and more a slim fit. I find Nudie jeans (not all nudies jeans, some have a strange rise which leads to having pockets down the back of your legs) fit me really well, especially Lean Dean fit. I also think they are great quality and good price for what you get.

https://www.nudiejeans.com/#fit=lean-dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Not to be smart OP, but if you keep buying the same brand in the same style, the result is going to be the same.

What you describe is absolutely possible to get, but theres no substitute for spending the time trying things on. Ask in store what style best suits your description and work from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

OP, considering that you are tall and slim, would you not consider slim fit jeans? They are not tight or skinny but have that right amount of close fit so that they are not baggy at all and they complement/define your legs. I've gotten quite a few pairs of jeans in Jack'n'Jones in the last couple of years that are slim fit and they fit perfectly and never feel restrictive. I am tall and slim too.

I'm 5 10 too and not slim (almost 16 stone, 34/36" waist) and I'd also go with the slim fit recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm going to look at slim flit jeans from now on instead of straight jeans.

Advertisement