Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saudi Post delivery to Ireland and customs

Options
  • 19-06-2016 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Has anyone ever gotten a package from Saudi using Saudi post and how long did it take?
    The tracking info says it departed to Dublin a week ago however I suspect it's still in the central post office in Medinah, the reviews on the Saudi post fb page don't look good.
    Also my package contains dates, will that be a problem with customs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

manofcavan wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten a package from Saudi using Saudi post and how long did it take?
    The tracking info says it departed to Dublin a week ago however I suspect it's still in the central post office in Medinah, the reviews on the Saudi post fb page don't look good.
    Also my package contains dates, will that be a problem with customs?
    Dates may well be a problem as they contain seeds and could also contain parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 manofcavan

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Dates may well be a problem as they contain seeds and could also contain parasites.

I bought Tunisian dates from tesco a while ago and there was a small dead brown bug on the seed, last time I bought them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,416 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Also my package contains dates

I've heard of mail order brides but I didn't think that's how it worked 😀

Sorry.

I've heard of mail order brides but I didn't think that's how it worked 😀

Ha!

Package made it to Portlaoise anyway so I should have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

I think Ireland customs will bin it.....

• Advertisement

223vmax wrote: »
    I think Ireland customs will bin it.....

Well it's already through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well it's already through customs.

It's not. Customs/revenue will hold and examine it at Portlaoise if they have any queries. They don't stand on the beach, y'know.

endacl wrote: »
    It's not. Customs/revenue will hold and examine it at Portlaoise if they have any queries. They don't stand on the beach, y'know.

I've never had anything held at Portlaoise for more than a day,I don't mind if they hold it for a while that's their job to make sure things are legit but It's not Australia.
    See tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I suspect that that if the customs people open the package and see that it's plant material, they will call in the folk from the Dept of Agriculture who will order it destroyed. You can't bring any item of fruit (nor most meats) past the US pre-clearance people in Dublin airport because of US Dept. of Ag. regulations. Similarly, when you board a flight destined for Europe in Dubai or Saudi Arabia, as soon as the doors are closed the cabin crew open all the overhead bins and they spray the passengers and their bags with an insecticide.

So I don't see how an individual would be allowed to bring in plant material by mail from Saudi, it will almost certainly be incinerated.

• Advertisement

Postman delivered my package, everything in it and it was clearly labelled dates, where it came from and doesn't look like customs bothered with it.

So to anybody who uses Saudi Post in future, it took me less than 2 weeks for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Hope you enjoy your dates. :)

Advertisement