Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque

Options
  • 19-06-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I was just wondering could you help me I got a cheque with 75euro on it from my school as a prize from you branch the problem is it has A/C payee only on it and I do not have a bank account and I can't open a bank account as I have no ID to open one up , is there any chance yous could transfer is into my mum or dads account .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi I was just wondering could you help me I got a cheque with 75euro on it from my school as a prize from you branch the problem is  it has A/C payee only on it and I do not have a bank account and I can't open a bank account as I have no ID to open one up , is there any chance yous  could transfer is into my mum or dads account .
    Hi Robyn,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

When a cheque has Account Payee Only on it, it must be lodged to an account in the name of the cheque. It's not possible to endorse an Account Payee Only cheque to another person such as one of your parents. 

If you would like to open an account with us, photo ID's we can accept are a valid passport, Public Service card with photo, a valid driving license or 3rd Level college ID card. Please see here for details on our Current accounts or you can also call our New Accounts team on 1890 354454 to start the account opening process. 
    Just to mention, if you are in secondary school, your parents can open an account online for you if they have their own Bank of Ireland account. They can do this when logged into 365 Online through the Apply Online option and then by selecting Junior Accounts. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement