Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice Cooker

• 19-06-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all,

Bought a cheap electric rice cooker in lidl for 15 euro a few weeks ago just to try rice cookers out.

Must say, even though it was a cheap one, and it's a simple device, it still does really great hassle free rice cooked to restaurant quality. Lovely loose grains, cooked to exactly the right texture. I was sceptical if they were any good or not, but I'm converted to them now. Not to large so easy to put away and take out, it comes with a handy steamer try as well, so you can also steam some veg while cooking the rice. I believe asians nearly all use rice cookers at home, and I can see why.
    (Electric rice cookers were first invented in 1955 by Toshiba apparently !)

I believe there is loads of other things you can cook in a rice cooker, any tips for getting the most out of them, or any good recipes ?

Advertisement