Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended a hairdresser

Options
  • 19-06-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

My teenage little sister has convinced my mother to finally let her dye her hair blonde (thankfully she has fair now and was a blonde child.

Obbviusly being in school she's not exactly flush, so does anyone have recommendation of a good colourist in Dublin at good rates? Or any of the hairdressing schools?

Thanks in advance

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Peter Mark have an academy in the Stephens Green SC and theres also the David Marshall academy on Georges St. Haven't used either so can't really comment but I've heard good things about David Marshalls in particular.

Other than that, a good place to look can be Polish (or similar) salons. They tend to be nothing fancy but should be able to do highlights no problem, and much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

How old is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    How old is she?

She's 16, going on 26 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Give your nearest Peter Mark, Toni & Guy etc a call and enquire about classes. They are always looking for models. They will use the same high quality products that you would get for full price. The colourist will not make any decisions without his/her teacher's go ahead, and he/she will be supervised the whole time to ensure that a good job is done. And all for half or less of the salon prices.

Be careful with really cheap deals in some salons, find out what products they use (including colour and shampoos/conditioners) before making an appointment. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Advertisement