Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear to a concert (male)

• 20-06-2016 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I'm going to an outdoor gig in July (Kodaline woo)
    And I'm not sure what to wear for it, it's in Marlay Park so all those Cochella gear videos on YouTube aren't much help.

I'm 19, I'm thinking maybe skinny/slim fit jeans, a t shirt and old white converse I'll throw out afterwards, but maybe that's a little plain.
    I know last year people went to Avicii wearing snapbacks (don't suit my egg head!) brightly coloured vests, shorts etc.

I might throw an open flannel over it. But again.. Maybe a little too boring..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Eh... it doesn't matter?

Seriously though, a few tips:

1. Wear layers. If its hot, you can take them off. If it's cold, you can put them on.
    2. Be prepared for rain
    3. Very prepared for rain. That doesn't necessarily mean wellies, but converse aren't gonna do you much good in a muddy field. If it's a concert venue, then wear either boots or leather trainers - the more water resistant the better.
    4. Have a raincoat / mac rolled up in your bag. Did I mention be prepared for rain?
    5. Make sure you're comfortable, as outdoor gigs can be a long day / night out. Often with lots of walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Divers suit, sombrero, and wellies. The wellies should be pinstriped if you want to stand any chance of getting into the VIP area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

endacl wrote: »
    Divers suit, sombrero, and wellies. The wellies should be pinstriped if you want to stand any chance of getting into the VIP area.

What about a pinstripe or paisley print Sombrero?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

If it's hot then I would suggest maybe bermuda shorts and a nice shirt. Slim fit jeans if it's chilly with a button down tshirt or long sleeve depending on weather and time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I wouldn't stress it too much I don't think anyone's really going to notice. What you've suggested yourself sounds good I'd go with a pair of ripped/distressed jeans, and then the white converse, T-shirt and shirt over it. But if the weather is better I'd go with a pair of shorts, T-shirt, for shoes you could go with white converse or Toms. Accessories wise I don't think snapbacks look great I think a simple watch like a Daniel Wellington and a few bracelets would he fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

TheBiz wrote: »
    What about a pinstripe or paisley print Sombrero?

Once it doesn't clash with the wellies we're all good.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I wouldn't stress it too much I don't think anyone's really going to notice. What you've suggested yourself sounds good I'd go with a pair of ripped/distressed jeans, and then the white converse, T-shirt and shirt over it. But if the weather is better I'd go with a pair of shorts, T-shirt, for shoes you could go with white converse or Toms. Accessories wise I don't think snapbacks look great I think a simple watch like a Daniel Wellington and a few bracelets would he fine.

Thanks,
    Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of snapbacks, but I do like the look of vintage baseball hats, just not for a concert.
    A Daniel Wellington watch is high up on my list of hopeful purchases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Wear decent shoes, white cons or toms will get distroyed- after that just wear what you feel like. A fun hat or sunglasses might help out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

TheBiz wrote: »
    (male)

Are you certain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

moc moc a moc - if you can't post helpfully, then you're better off not posting.

dudara

Are you certain?

Well I'm not female, so I'm pretty certain. Is there any other definition of male I'm missing out on?

Advertisement