Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slovakia v England and Russia v Wales 8 PM on ITV, ITV4, RTE 2, TV3 (phew)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you were to compile a list of poor sides at this tournament we'd be near enough to the top. Thank goodness for Russia.

Russia have been awful but have been somewhat entertaining in their awfulness, Turkey and Ukraine have been pretty awful to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Ramsey and Bale just change that Wales squad from being the poorest in the tournament to a dangerous dark horse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Mec27 wrote: »
    Ramsey and Bale just change that Wales squad from being the poorest in the tournament to a dangerous dark horse.

Well Williams at the back is class to

But the rest of the lads really raise there level with Bale/Rambo playing

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I've got the Russian anthem stuck in my head still, some tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Mec27 wrote: »

I'd have Joe Allen in an Irish shirt in a heartbeat. Not the strongest specimen I've everseen but definitely has an eye for a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Congrats to Wales. I think they can cause one or two surprises from here if the draw is kind to them.

I thought England were ok. The team is clearly more comfortable playing on the counter which we've not been able to do so far. I think we're middle-of-the-pack in terms of quality in all honesty but if we can get through the second round then I actually think England match up well against France in the last eight. That would be a really good game.

I had tickets for the second round game in Nice so that's now England so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

I've got the Russian anthem stuck in my head still, some tune

Yep, love the Russian anthem. Like the Italian too. Think the French is over rated, GSTQ is just a dirge. Ours is Ok, I suppose. Oh, the Germans is quality too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

England ****ed up bad, they ****ed up real bad the other night. Just a complete lack of guile, but maybe they will suit playing against bigger teams when they don't have to push the game or make opportunities by through balls, rather can use their pace and athleticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

England were playing against 10 men behind the ball which is always very difficult to break down. They had to do this for the most part of all three games.

We really don't know how good they are right now. In the knockout stages it's possible that teams might try and take them on and then we will know.

I've a feeling they are going to beat the first team that tries to take them on pretty convincingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Why wasn't Vlad the Bad Putin playing for Russia? Doesn't he play everything else? Every time I see him on tv he's holding a cup that has just been presented to him.

But seriously, after the Wales game, if I were Vlad's dog I'd stay well out of his way for a week or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement