Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta vs Minox

Options
  • 20-06-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Was thinking of getting a Minox ZE 5I 5-25 x56 but lately I've been seeing a lot
    Of high praise for the Delta optical 3-24 x56.
    There both the same price but people on a few shooting Facebook pages are
    Comparing the delta with twice the price Vortex scopes?
    I haven't seen 1 bad review of the delta scopes.

Anyone on here with experience with either the Minox or Delta?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey duckman, what model Minox is that one? Is it FFP and in milrad. I've handled a Minox and it seemed an impressive bit of kit.

No experience with the Delta Optical but a quick google and it appears to be SFP and around the €1200 price range. Seems a good scope for that kind of money. What are competitors in that price range? Sightron maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The delta is 750 from ballistech in wexord, they are the irish dealers.

I was going to buy one myself but I got a second hand swaro habicht instead and im wondering if i made the wrong decision going by the reviews.

http://www.badtotheboneoutdoors.com/2014-top-scope-challenge-and-product-reviews.html

Check out that link

the delta beats scopes 2x, 3x 4x its price

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

garv123 wrote: »
    The delta is 750 from ballistech in wexord, they are the irish dealers.

I was going to buy one myself but I got a second hand swaro habicht instead and im wondering if i made the wrong decision going by the reviews.

http://www.badtotheboneoutdoors.com/2014-top-scope-challenge-and-product-reviews.html

Check out that link

the delta beats scopes 2x, 3x 4x its price

The 3-24 x56 is around €1150. Ya I saw that website and it looks like the delta is a great scope for the money!
    But for the same price I can get the Minox 5-25 x56 and I'm wondering would the glass be better in the Minox. It's a tough 1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Vegeta wrote: »
    Hey duckman, what model Minox is that one? Is it FFP and in milrad. I've handled a Minox and it seemed an impressive bit of kit.

No experience with the Delta Optical but a quick google and it appears to be SFP and around the €1200 price range. Seems a good scope for that kind of money. What are competitors in that price range? Sightron maybe?

It's SFP and mil but that's what I'm after!
    Other then these 2 I would probably go for a 2nd hand Zeiss, maybe a victory V8 but there fairly new I think, my brother has 1 and it's incredible!!

Advertisement