Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carers Benefit Secondary Benefits?

• 20-06-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I may have to leave work (community employment scheme) soon to care for my elderly father. On the CÉ scheme I am entitled to secondary benefits such as medical card, grants for third level student children, etc. Are these secondary benefits available on Carers Benefit too?

Comments

aileach wrote: »
    I may have to leave work (community employment scheme) soon to care for my elderly father. On the CÉ scheme I am entitled to secondary benefits such as medical card, grants for third level student children, etc. Are these secondary benefits available on Carers Benefit too?

Pretty much the same, plus the Respite Grant paid every June of €1,700. Also if you are living with the person you are caring for you may get more benefits.

It is worth saying that anyone who takes on a carers role deserves our highest respect. It can be tough, but very rewarding. Good Luck.

By the way, you can also work for, I think 12 Hours a week.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/carers/carers_allowance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

That's good to know - Thankyou

I'm already caring for him and staying with him in his house Monday - Friday but it's getting more difficult trying to fit work in too.
    My siblings do Saturday and Sunday.

I applied for Carers allowance 4/5 years ago for both my parents and was refused - my mum has since passed away. I hope we don't get refused this time - I wasn't working then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

As far as I know you are not entitled to any of these on Carer's Benefit. These are only available on Carer's Allowance.

Advertisement