Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 different stereos, radio still not working

• 20-06-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi. I've purchased a new car over 3 weeks now. A 03 Ford Fiesta, but ever since I got it the car radio hasn't worked. I thought it was the stereo so bought a new stereo and still the same issue. So I brought it to a mechanic on Saturday and he told me its 100% the stereo cause when halfords fitted the new one they left a live wire in the back and blew it. So he said 100% stereo. Halfords gave me a new stereo and still the same issue!! Can't get signal for radio stations, sometimes it works but 99% of the time nothing works just reception noise in the background nothing else, I've bought a new ariel and everything still no luck. What could it possibly be that's not giving me signal for the radio stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mccabe96 wrote: »
    Hi. I've purchased a new car over 3 weeks now. A 03 Ford Fiesta, but ever since I got it the car radio hasn't worked. I thought it was the stereo so bought a new stereo and still the same issue. So I brought it to a mechanic on Saturday and he told me its 100% the stereo cause when halfords fitted the new one they left a live wire in the back and blew it. So he said 100% stereo. Halfords gave me a new stereo and still the same issue!! Can't get signal for radio stations, sometimes it works but 99% of the time nothing works just reception noise in the background nothing else, I've bought a new ariel and everything still no luck. What could it possibly be that's not giving me signal for the radio stations?

An educated guess bad connection on the aerial , did you change the cable from the aerial to the radio and fit it properly when you fitted the new aerial ?

did you sand where the aerial connects to the car to ensure a clean connection ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Mccabe96 wrote: »

Don't know what your mechanic is on about , leaving a wire out will in no way blow a radio Most likely the aerial is faulty and will need to be replaced. In a lot of cases the connection above the roof lining where the aerial joins the cable goes faulty because of rust. It might be worth looking at this as a possible cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

1. Connect a head unit to a car.
    2. Get yourself a temporary aerial and connect it to a head unit instead of the one that is in a car. Make sure you put an aerial outside a car for better reception.
    3. If there's a signal - head unit is fine, aerial needs to be looked at. Simples.

Advertisement