Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions on the HKC Sw1070

Options
  • 20-06-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

As mentioned on here in another thread, I recently installed an SW1070. To finish it off, I need a bit of assistance:
    1. I want to install PIRs in my shed but it seems like I should use "points" rather than zones. I've seen the point menu in the manual but have no idea what it is or how it compares to zones
    2. I previously wired an output on my Aritech to turn on an LED when the alarm was set. How can I do the same on the HKC, I can't see an easy option.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

podge3 wrote: »
    As mentioned on here in another thread, I recently installed an SW1070. To finish it off, I need a bit of assistance:
    1. I want to install PIRs in my shed but it seems like I should use "points" rather than zones. I've seen the point menu in the manual but have no idea what it is or how it compares to zones
    2. I previously wired an output on my Aritech to turn on an LED when the alarm was set. How can I do the same on the HKC, I can't see an easy option.

Thanks again.

What type PIR are you using in the shed?
    If you have free zones available I would use them for the PIRs.

You can set the output to latch to do the same with the LED.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks again.

Why do you think you should use Points (point ID)?
    Using a normal zone is easier and would be more reliable.
    If you are powering an LED from an output program the output as Arm/Disarm . This will not work partpart set. If you want it to switch when part set then set the output type as Partguard.

The latch output will work in partguard or full set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

altor wrote: »
    What type PIR are you using in the shed?
    If you have free zones available I would use them for the PIRs.

You can set the output to latch to do the same with the LED.
    Sorry, I should have given more details - the PIRs are RF HKC.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Why do you think you should use Points (point ID)?
    Using a normal zone is easier and would be more reliable.
    If you are powering an LED from an output program the output as Arm/Disarm . This will not work partpart set. If you want it to switch when part set then set the output type as Partguard.
    The instructions that came with the PIRs said to use points. I kept a zone anyway for them but I was wondering what points were.

I must look at the outputs again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If they are RF you can learn them into any zone.
    Are you sure they are not wired PiRs?

If they are RF you can learn them into any zone.
    Are you sure they are not wired PiRs?
    No, definitely RF.

Right, I can't get the LED to work for me. I'm taking the negative from the aux power on the board and the LED + is wired to output 1 on the board.

In the menu, I went to outputs>panel outputs>01 armdisarm +. Should this not switch output 1 to 12 volts when armed?

Sorry, I should have given more details - the PIRs are RF HKC.

They can be set up as points or you can enroll them on a zone.
    You can have 70 wire free devices on the system so dont use one of the wired zones.
    Use zone 11 if no expanders are fitted.

Right, I can't get the LED to work for me. I'm taking the negative from the aux power on the board and the LED + is wired to output 1 on the board.

In the menu, I went to outputs>panel outputs>01 armdisarm +. Should this not switch output 1 to 12 volts when armed?

No, you need to wire in the positive off the 12V and wire the negative into the output. ( set the output up as -) .
    If you set the output up as latch then the LED will come on for a full or part set and go off when the system is off.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    No, you need to wire in the positive off the 12V and wire the negative into the output. ( set the output up as -) .
    If you set the output up as latch then the LED will come on for a full or part set and go off when the system is off.
    Great, sorted the LED, thanks :)

Now just need to do the PIRs.

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted :)
    The PIRs are the easy bit :D
    Remember to scroll past whatever wired zones you have to the free zones before enrolling with the tamper.

Ahh that's the easy part.
    Engineer Menu
    Devices Menu
    RF Devices
    Add & ID RF Devices.
    When scanning close the tamper on the device.

When scanning close the tamper on the device.

Really :D

Really.
    From the manual for you..

To put an RF-PIR onto
    the system, go to
    Devices Menu then
    RF Devs Menu and
    finally either
    Add&Id:RF Zones or
    Add&Id:RF Points.

When prompted, close
    the tamper switch to ID
    the RF device

That is different to your original post.
    Anyway the latest manual shows how to do same correctly.

I think both explain it easy enough for the original poster without the need for nitpicking.

I agree, your second post explains it better.
    That's not nitpicking.

They both explain the routine of how to enroll the RF device very easily.
    You are the only one that seemed confused.
    We've had grand peace without your petty arguing. If the OP has any questions I'm sure he'll get back to us.

I disagree with that as they don't.
    You need to scan for devices, press quit, then close the tamper on the device to enroll it.

• Advertisement

Really petty and as usual you are just looking for something to argue about for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

OP.

Go into >
    Engineer menu > Devices menu > RF devices > Add and ID > ( Allow system to scan until PIR lights up) > press Quit > scroll to desired zone or next free zone and press the tamper switch on the PIR until the keypad buzzes / sounders sound.

Then quit back until you see devices menu and scroll to zone menu.
    > zone names ( yes )
    > zone name text ( yes )
    > scroll to desired zone. ( yes )
    > use keys to enter zone name and press yes to save. If you make a mistake press no to clear text.

> press quit back until you see zone name text.
    > scroll to zone audio ( yes )
    > scroll to desired zone ( yes )
    > select word 1 (yes) put in "garage" (press yes)
    > scroll to word 2 (yes ) put in "Beam " or "PIR"

Install beam and ensure cover is closed.
    Ensure fault LED is off.
    Then press quit until you see exit engineer and press yes

I'd say he has it figured :)

Evolution1 wrote: »
    OP.

Go into >
    Engineer menu > Devices menu > RF devices > Add and ID > ( Allow system to scan until PIR lights up) > press Quit > scroll to desired zone or next free zone and press the tamper switch on the PIR until the keypad buzzes / sounders sound.

That is exactly how to do it, well explained :D

LOL,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Any word on the HKC keyfob controlling an output of our choice? It does lights, that's it.
    Every other make of panel lets you choose what the keys on the fob do.

Any word on the HKC keyfob controlling an output of our choice? It does lights, that's it.
    Every other make of panel lets you choose what the keys on the fob do.

No that is all it does.
    You can set the output up as lights and control it as the output itself does not know what connected.

OP.

Go into >

Then quit back until you see devices menu and scroll to zone menu.
    > zone names ( yes )
    > zone name text ( yes )
    > scroll to desired zone. ( yes )
    > use keys to enter zone name and press yes to save. If you make a mistake press no to clear text.

> press quit back until you see zone name text.
    > scroll to zone audio ( yes )
    > scroll to desired zone ( yes )
    > select word 1 (yes) put in "garage" (press yes)
    > scroll to word 2 (yes ) put in "Beam " or "PIR"

Install beam and ensure cover is closed.
    Ensure fault LED is off.
    Then press quit until you see exit engineer and press yes
    I finally got around to trying this but I couldn't get it to work.

I left zone 8 for the PIRs when I was wiring the panel. When I added the PIRs, they automatically added to zone 11 or 12 :confused:

A real rookie question - do I have to remove the short on the zone and tamper on zone 8? If so, then I assume this is the problem. I had the whole lot put away when I thought of this :o

I finally got around to trying this but I couldn't get it to work.

I left zone 8 for the PIRs when I was wiring the panel. When I added the PIRs, they automatically added to zone 11 or 12 :confused:

A real rookie question - do I have to remove the short on the zone and tamper on zone 8? If so, then I assume this is the problem. I had the whole lot put away when I thought of this :o
    Anyone able to advise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Yes remove the shorts, only your cable should be in the zone and tamper terminals, if you are not using eol that is.

Advertisement