Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get a new landline connection

Options
  • 20-06-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I have been trying for weeks to get a new landline connection but the complexity of this request appears to be too much for anyone within Eir to understand.

The problem appears to be that I want to get a new landline connected to our new house that we are building so that when we move from our current home to our new house, we can simply transfer our account to the new address. This may be an overly complex request to make and I apologise for ever asking about this in the first place as after numerous follow-up phonecalls and discussions with multiple Eir personnel, nobody seems to know how this can be done. I thought I had ordered a new connection but there appears to be no record of it. I was given a ref number for the order but this number is not an order number so nobody knows what this number is a reference to.

Should I just get a new separate account for the new connection and pay penalties when we close our existing account as the fees incurred would be less painful than trying to deal with this issue over the phone or that stupid 'live chat' thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with this. There should be no issue with this however in order to have the line installed prior to the move you would need to place a new order. I would recommend contacting the move team directly on 1901 (press #) Opt 4 Opt 4 & the move team can run through your options in further detail. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

I've done that but have been passed around from one operator/department to the next and am still none the wiser as to what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I do apologise for the inconvenience on this. I'm afraid as we would be unable to place orders from here you would need to get in touch with the move team directly. If you call 1800 242 535 you will get straight through to an agent who can assit you as best on this. Apologies again for this delay. - Stacey

Advertisement