Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with underground cable

Options
  • 20-06-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there, I have been waiting for a few weeks to get broadband line in a newly built house that is part of an existing estate. Eir/KN network engineers said there is a problem with duct cable underground and they will instruct the builders to fix it by certain date before kn guys can do anything more but the builders said it's not their job to do so.

As an Eir customer, who should I chase in this case to make sure someone will fix the line? what happens if the builders refused to do anything? Is it not the responsbility of each utility supplier to maintain their own cables/pipes?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear your experiencing issues with this. You can contact our open eir team directly on 01-5366550 for a further update on this & they can run through the work needed, lead time etc. Otherwise feel free to PM your account or order number & I can have a further look into this here. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭frank730

Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear your experiencing issues with this. You can contact our open eir team directly on 01-5366550 for a further update on this & they can run through the work needed, lead time etc. Otherwise feel free to PM your account or order number & I can have a further look into this here. Stacey
    Thanks Stacey, I sent you PM just now, have been speaking to open eir team but they weren't able to provide any info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Thank you. I have responded to you via PM. Stacey

Advertisement