Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in London

Options
  • 20-06-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Central London that's not ridiculously expensive???!!

I've got tickets to an Arsenal game for my husband for his birthday. I haven't a clue of London or where would be best to stay.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There's a Premier Inn at London Bridge. It's in a good location and not overly expensive at all, some nice pubs/markets around it too and only about 15/20 mins tube to the Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not central - but the new Premier Inn in Archway is very convenient for the Emirates, get the 43/271/263 bus down the Holloway Road or ~25 minutes walk to the stadium and it's right beside the tube station.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭apple26

Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

What's the most convenient airport to fly into (other than Heathrow) to access this hotel?

Sorry for the stupid questions - I haven't been to London before and finding it hard to figure out!!

apple26 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll have a look at that.

What's the most convenient airport to fly into (other than Heathrow) to access this hotel?

Sorry for the stupid questions - I haven't been to London before and finding it hard to figure out!!

Stansted probably. If you were in south London I'd fly into Gatwick.

Fly to Stansted and get the Stansted Express train (at the airport) to Tottenham Hale. Then get the tube to the most suitable place :)

• Advertisement

Heathrow -> Holloway Road on the Piccadilly line and get the bus up from there.

I find Stansted really awkward.

Heathrow -> Holloway Road on the Piccadilly line and get the bus up from there.

I find Stansted really awkward.

The op did specify 'not Heathrow' though :P

City, get DLR to Bank, Northern line from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

City, get DLR to Bank, Northern line from there :pac:

Ya city airport is good. Although Standard is also decent. You can get a bus from standsted to Liverpool street station with National Express for less an £20.

Advertisement