Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for being uncivil.

Options
  • 20-06-2016 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

So It appears I've received an infraction for responding to a poster on the thread below.

In the thread there was a poster who was pretty condescending "I cant understand why he can't afford to pay the doctor himself though? " He was providing miss information which is grand every body makes mistakes but his insisting his misinformation was correct (WITH THE USE OF CAPS) despite been provided with official facts. The poster got a bit of an education in factual matters on the subject from an SME. There was no foul language used just facts, unfortunately I didn't wrap the facts up in baby soft cotton wool and may have hurt somebodies feelings.

Any chance of getting the infraction removed it's not warranted especially given the condescending nonsense the poster was putting up himself.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057611896/1

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

Can you confirm that you've followed the process that's outlined above, and tried to resolve the matter directly with the Moderator in question? If you have, please let us know the outcome so a CMod can step in and investigate if required.

Thanks,

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Shield wrote: »
    Hello.

Can you confirm that you've followed the process that's outlined above, and tried to resolve the matter directly with the Moderator in question? If you have, please let us know the outcome so a CMod can step in and investigate if required.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Hi Shield, contacted them they're unwilling to change opinion on the infraction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello jobyrne30,

I'll review this as the CMod for the category; due to being on a business trip it may take me a day or two to gather up all the information so I ask for your understanding while I gather up all the relevant facts.

Nody wrote: »
    Hello jobyrne30,

I'll review this as the CMod for the category; due to being on a business trip it may take me a day or two to gather up all the information so I ask for your understanding while I gather up all the relevant facts.

No problem, thanks :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Hello jobyrne30,

Thank you for your patience. I've looked at the post, the thread and the general moderation level and decided to request to have the yellow card reversed. Your post was uncivil but not to the point of warranting a yellow card as a first mod action; I also ask you to keep in mind that your posts have to be able to stand alone so claiming another poster was wrong or used caps is not an acceptable excuse.

With your agreement I'll request to have this thread marked as resolved.

• Advertisement

Thank you. Yes you can mark as resolved

Mods please mark as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement