Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel pump?

• 20-06-2016 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi, my 2003 peugeot 607 hdi keeps cutting out randomly, the electrics cut when this happens too. It especially happens during long runs on the motorway. i have taken out the fuel pump and cleaned it out as well as change the fuel filter. Im wondering if this possibly could be a fault with the fuel pump?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since you're DIYing it I've moved it to speciality forum.

Does the electrics go first, or engine?
    Does car suddenly just go dead, or is there a noise first?

Does it start after a couple mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭celica1994

biko wrote: »
    Since you're DIYing it I've moved it to speciality forum.

Does the electrics go first, or engine?
    Does car suddenly just go dead, or is there a noise first?

Does it start after a couple mins?

hey, car goes dead all of a sudden with loss of electrics together. no noise or warning is given.

Does it start fine after a few minutes?

yea you can knock the engine off and straight back on again oddly

anyone any suggestions, im reckoning its the fuel pump?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Do all the lights in the dash also go out? Not sure what you mean by "electrics go out". Sounds like a bad ground connection or something.

Tbh, it's time for a mechanic since all we can offer is guessing based on your info. And intermittently dying and then starting is a really tricky problem.

Advertisement