Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Service since last Thursday.

Options
  • 20-06-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭

Hi on Thursday evening someone crashed into the telephone pole across the road from my house. The line crossing the road is broken, this should be a simple issue except when I rang Eir on Friday and gave them my details, phone number/account number, they told me that they have no record of my phone number or account number. I was also told that they would call me back, but they still have not.

I am an Eir customer, and read the details direct from my Eir Bill. Please could someone help with this issue. 

I have also logged a fault online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi emaherx, I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustartion completely. If you would like to PM your account number I can look into this. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭emaherx

Hi emaherx, I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustartion completely. If you would like to PM your account number I can look into this. Stacey

Thanks, details sent by PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Great. I will look into this & get back to you shortly with an update. Stacey

Another week still no service. Someone came out and looked at the pole, but no sign of a repair. Think my next call to Eir will be to cancel.

I was already annoyed at having to pay the same as eFiber customers just to get 1.5mb, but now that I have had so much trouble logging a fault and having to wait so long to get service restored, doesn't inspire me to want to remain a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

emaherx wrote: »

Another week still no service. Someone came out and looked at the pole, but no sign of a repair. Think my next call to Eir will be to cancel.

I was already annoyed at having to pay the same as eFiber customers just to get 1.5mb, but now that I have had so much trouble logging a fault and having to wait so long to get service restored, doesn't inspire me to want to remain a customer.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid some repairs will not be straightforward and can take longer to resolve [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]emaherx.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration with this and I would recommend troubleshooting any speed issues you are experiencing with the broadband technical support team. You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Bundle speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the term of up to and unfortunately speeds are not guaranteed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid some repairs will not be straightforward and can take longer to resolve [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]emaherx.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration with this and I would recommend troubleshooting any speed issues you are experiencing with the broadband technical support team. You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Bundle speeds are advertised, sold and provided on the term of up to and unfortunately speeds are not guaranteed.[/font]

Some repairs are straight forward. The wire that used to go from the pole to my house is no longer there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

emaherx wrote: »

Some repairs are straight forward. The wire that used to go from the pole to my house is no longer there!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will check the latest update on this fault now [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]emaherx [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and be in touch via PM shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

Advertisement